intothewoods
Byond Username: Into_the_woods

[Exavere] antag ban

Post by intothewoods » #582687

BYOND account: Into_the_woods
Character name: always random
Ban type: Server/Role antag ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Internal Affairs Agent, Malf AI, Monkey, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard, Hivemind Host, Heretic permanently - Sup gamer, the Team happened to notice that you were able to miraciously log onto multiple servers and role for roundstart in them. Then went SSD shortly afterwards. This has been viewed as HEAVY antag rolling, so I'm putting down a Perma-Antag Ban. Come on over to the Forums to tell me what's up with you rolling for roundstart on multiple servers and then going SSD.
Time ban was placed: 2020-12-04 10:36:25
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel

Your side of the story: I was antag banned without being bwoinked or otherwise spoken to. After the ban was already placed (unbeknownst to me), I was warned by an admin (Domitius) and we came to an understanding, as this note indicates.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Because I spoke to an admin and came to an understanding, as the note indicates. That should be sufficient, as opposed to a heavy-handed perma ban.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Re: [Exavere] antag ban

Post by Domitius » #582689

For Exaveres and Intothewoods reference I would like to post my involvement to smooth out any confusion. I watched Intothewoods once again ditch an SSD body on Bagil(Currently Deltastation) to join a shift starting on Sybil. Full conversation below.
Spoiler:
After this conversation I placed the note in question,

Code: Select all

Talked to about antag rolling between servers and we've come to an understanding that any continuation of antag rolling behaviour will be met with blanket antag bans and/or a server ban.
My intention was not to step on Exa's toes and I honestly just missed the antag ban that they placed for this purpose which I apologize for. Exavere will have full authority going further with this ban appeal.
Exavere
Byond Username: Exavere

Post by Exavere » #582692

All good Domitius, no toes stepped on.

I placed the ban given the blatant look of Antag Rolling across several servers. The harshness was increased from reviewing your note history in regards to many ignored warnings on other topics, combined with gaining yet another Appearance Ban very shortly upon gaining access to the naming system again, which gave me the impression you don't care to follow the rules layed out. I believed that you knew what you were doing and were just breaking the rules again, since you've gotten away with so many previous warnings, so I felt an actual ban would be required. I would've spoken with you, but you were DC'd across the board while I was looking further into the matter.

So I'll ask you here, minus the added note of you SSDing on Bagil to then go to Sybil. Why were you rolling for Roundstart on multiple servers and then DC'ing shortly after?
The Plasmeme life is not an easy one.
intothewoods
Byond Username: Into_the_woods

Post by intothewoods » #582699

Read the appearance ban appeal. it was applied based on a misunderstanding and it was reversed. So, not an argument.

I DC'd in those instances because I was antag rolling. As my exchange with Domitius indicates I didn't know that it was a problem until we sorted it out.
Exavere
Byond Username: Exavere

Post by Exavere » #582719

The Perma-Ban was placed mostly to bring a light on why you've been Antag-Rolling so much, but also to touch on another matter to make it more clear since I feel that's fair; also I didn't want to wait until I saw you online at any given moment to place it - I already had all the proof I needed.

You've had a history of constantly breaking basic rules despite being given many warnings which, like I said, is why it was straight to an Antag Perma-Ban. Given that you've talked with Domitius after the matter doesn't apply much, since the basic problem still seems to be there - You keep breaking the rules and disregarding warnings. That said I won't disregard your talk with Domitius completely since you have spoken with them personally, admitted you were rolling for antag, have been made completely well aware that Antag-Rolling is a big no-no, and that it's your first Antag-Rolling offence - albeit quite a big one over a long period of time - I am going to lift the Perma-Ban and give you another chance overall. I think it's fair to give you the choice to prove you can show improvement; that you won't toe the line, require tons of warnings, etc. With that in mind, consider it a sink or float scenario. Be fully aware that any more Antag-Rolling, or breaking of rules despite numerous warnings, will definitely lead to either A Server Ban or an Antag Perma-Ban depending obviously on how serious the offence is and your history.

I will offer alternatives/ideas for help to be fair, and so you've been made aware of such; for transparency. If you're really thirsty for combat, try playing Security (And actually play it, don't Greytide with a Stun Baton) with your Antag roles enabled. That way you can still have fun with the gamer combat you're after, and are still able to roll for that spicy Antag that some people live for. If that doesn't sound good because you're only in it to toe the rules and utilize Antag-Rolling to simply grief for fun, then this server will not be the place for you.

I officially am removing the Antag Perma-Ban, unless a Headmin Overrules my decision, and I do TRULY hope you will be able have fun and also be able to contribute to the good part of the community.
The Plasmeme life is not an easy one.