rafcossack
Byond Username: RafCossack

[Exavere] rafcossack - wrongly jobbaned

Post by rafcossack » #582876

BYOND account: rafcossack
Character name: rafael roque
Ban type: Chemist/CMO ban
Ban length: 31 days
Ban reason: You, or another user of this computer or connection (RafCossack) is banned from playing Chemist.
The ban reason is: Round ID#151624 -//- Torched a player they were in slight conflict with, as well as another player. Since you DC'd, after being killed for it, I cannot speak to you; so I will instead place a ban based off history related to Chemistry, and logs. If you wish to appeal it go to the forums.
This ban (BanID #51230) was applied by Exavere on 2020-12-06 08:09:27 during round ID 151624.
The ban is for 31 days and expires on 2021-01-06 08:09:27 (server time).
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 151624
Your side of the story: chose chemist as role, decided to make baldium to have some fun, started spraying people, mime went super mad and threw 2 spears at me both embedded causing massive blood loss, went into crit, medical doctors help me, walked away, started suffocating again in the plumbing zone due to no blood, borg found me before I died and saved me, made a beaker with napalm and CLF3 to throw on mime, throw on him, everyone who saw lynched me and I died, then I dced to sleep cause it was 5 am
Why you think you should be unbanned: mime went super violent when I sprayed him with baldium, I'm sure you cant try to kill someone just because they made you bald, also what I tried to do against him was fine compared to what he did to me, its the same shit as killing clown just because he slipped you with his banana, in my view I did nothing wrong I never attacked him before he tried to kill me with spears.
Exavere
Byond Username: Exavere

Re: [Exavere] rafcossack - wrongly jobbaned

Post by Exavere » #582878

Sup gamer, there are a multitude of reasons that this ban was placed but mostly because you cannot seem to handle your gamer chems responsibly. Going around spraying random people with Baldium as a Chemist is already kind of "Meh" to begin with on MRP, but I understand wanting to have a little fun with your role; if you are at least able to accept the consequences. What really caught my Eye was your history of Grief not on just /tg/ in the last 2 months, combining 7 note/bans in 35h of Playtime; 2 of which correlate directly to this issue. But also your ban/notes on Beestation. https://beestation13.com/bans?q=Rafcossack Going to another server doesn't mean your other history will just be ignored, and/or made invalid.

Above with the way you handled the Mime throwing spears at you for griefing them with Baldium Chems, combined with Torching another Doctor in Medical while you were fighting the Mime, led me to a one month break from Chemistry; if you're going to grief people don't be surprised if they react to you for it. I don't feel the Ban is Unfair, and I do hope you do not try grief with Chemicals in other roles. Obviously if you're an antag you're free to Grief with all the chemicals you desire, but for now just take a break from easy access gamer chems.

You can request a Headmin Review if you'd like, otherwise I am adamant on my stance unless convinced otherwise or overruled.
The Plasmeme life is not an easy one.
rafcossack

Post by rafcossack » #582896

This is some extreme stretching about baldium which is just a minor cosmetic thing, and so Mime trying to kill me on MRP over being bald is fine just because I have bad notes ? And for the same reason I can't fight back even when he extremely over scalated the situation when I was just having some fun actually playing the game, You can just go to a mirror to replace your hair back, baldium is completely harmless chemical as I said it is the same thing as killing the clown over him sliping you with his banana, yeah I acidentaly torched a innocent medical doctor on my justified fight with mime but where were admins when I got crited twice over a complete harmless chemical, 31 days is also a extreme stretching, i know I have bad notes but I fail to see why in this specific situation I was in the wrong when I wasn't the one who over scalated to murdering first over minor cosmetic changes
rafcossack

Post by rafcossack » #582897

Make mime bald
Mime tries to murder you
Tries to murder mime back
You are wrong, baldium bad, MRP
But but mime tried to kill me,
Justified, baldium bad
And you have bad notes
Mime just doing justice
Banned
Exavere

Post by Exavere » #582906

I've already said my piece.

You want to focus solely on your interactions with the Mime, only torching one single other doctor, and not your history with chemicals across two servers as a whole, and justify the ban as being invalid over that; that's totally fine. I still placed the ban over the history of you, gamer chems and grief. Not just the incident by itself, the incident brought light to what I think is a problem.

With that said I will go over the Ban with the Team, as well as contact a Headmin/Senior Admin/The Team on Bee, to look more into the matter to see if a reduction in time is fair.
Exavere

Post by Exavere » #582912

Alright, I chatted with Senior Admin Derpling from Bee as well as with the Team a bit. I was made aware you've accumulated all of your bans/notes there in under 100h of Playtime. Derpling didn't have much to say that was Good, but also not much to say that was Bad except stuff about enjoying botany shittery (His words), which I was already aware of given your notes there. The Team didn't feel the Ban was very unfair given your 2 current notes, what Derpling has told me, Bee Notes and feel that a reduction or leaving the ban the way it is can both work. The dates of the Bee Notes, combined with yours on /tg/, really paint the look that you just came over here to continue the same behavior from there - after getting bonked too many times for your antics there. That's the impression I was given after I dug deeper into what happened with you, the mime, and the doctor.

I will be more blunt. What I am going for here is to see whether or not you can acknowledge the problem that I am looking at. Can you see how I made the decision to give you a month ban over something shorter like a week given all of those things in mind? Or do you still think I am being way to unreasonable.
rafcossack

Post by rafcossack » #582939

Yeah, i see what is happening, rule 0 invoking for punishment of previous behavior on other server, fine for me, but it was only invoked because of this situation with the mime which I believe being unfair for me
rafcossack

Post by rafcossack » #582940

And that doctor was put on fire because the mime walked into me and him, cause I directly put the chemicals into mime
rafcossack

Post by rafcossack » #582941

Anyway that's is it, thanks for the attention, there is nothing more I can say about any of this
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #582961

As Exavere has delivered a final verdict and rafcossack has nothing more to say I will be considering this appeal complete and locking it.
rafcossack wrote:Yeah, i see what is happening, rule 0 invoking for punishment of previous behavior on other server, fine for me, but it was only invoked because of this situation with the mime which I believe being unfair for me
Rafcossack, please understand that when we place a ban in relation to other notes it's done in the belief that the player has either not improved their behaviour since those notes or they continue to not understand the rules/willfully break them. If there was no incident they would be no reason to have invoked those prior incidents.