gottingtonballbags
Byond Username: Gottingtonballbags

Appealing Notes (Manuel)

Post by gottingtonballbags » #587089

BYOND account: Gottingtonballbags
Character name: Ismael Punchbeef
Ban type: Resolving a few notes post-tempban
Ban length: nil, resolving notes
Ban reason: Resolving a few notes, namely the ones in this photo: https://prnt.sc/wlbt6b.
Time ban was placed: nil, not appealing a tempban
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: Can't find round IDs for the notes
Your side of the story: I've started playing Manuel recently, and since it's the only MRP server and I had heard mixed things about whether it "was or wasn't actually RP" I went into it with basically the same mindset as I'd normally have (minus the greytide/murderbone/etc. etc.).
A lot of these notes (except my most recent one, which I won't even try to justify an appeal for since it's the one that got me banned) come from when I was new and trying to learn the ropes to Manuel's code of conduct, both IC and OOC. Though this isn't exactly the best excuse, any time I was noted
for OOC in IC communication or vice versa, it was not intentional in any way as I was trying to learn exactly what was and was not okay to say (and at the time it didn't occur to me to check for an IC in OOC rules page.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've been improving in the whole IC and OOC communication respect, and I think it's a good idea to start anew and give it my best at actually contributing to the server. The notes themselves were entirely fair, but I also think that now that I've begun to understand
just what exactly is expected out of a MRP atmosphere (even if my most recent tempban kinda screws me in this respect) I should be given the opportunity to start anew, free of any notes that might make me look like a troublemaker instead of someone trying to enjoy a MRP environment. Despite what the notes might look like,
I've been 100% cooperative and understanding whenever an admin came down on me for improper communication, which is probably the reason I wasn't temp-banned sooner (some of my other notes from bagil and sybil that I don't really care about appealing have mentions of me being understanding, so I promise it isn't a fluke) than now.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: Appealing Notes (Manuel)

Post by bobbahbrown » #587091

You will note that on the sticky thread which contains the rules and regulations of this forum, specifically on this post by Kor, that note appeals are only possible under two different cases:
Kor wrote: 1. The note is factually or materially incorrect.
<snip>
2. The note's contents or existence is unjustifiably harsh to the player's standing in the eyes of admins reading the notes.
Following by the board rules, you would have to appeal these notes on the basis of those criterion. As well as this, notes fade over time and generally speaking lose their weight and relevance in the mind of an administrator over time.

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #587093

Hey there!

I'm going to take over this appeal given the nature of it. For future reference you have to appeal notes and bans individually, No batch appeals will be accepted.

Saying that I want to take some time to chat with you about the nature of these notes and why we aren't going to be lifting them. Notes are for all intents and purposes are a record of an interaction between yourself and our administration team. They are used to reference further rules breaks that are related to those notes when considering if you are following our server rules or if you just made an honest mistake(which we all do sometimes). Saying that notes that exist for 6 months or longer are strongly discouraged from being considered unless they are extremely serious in nature.

Your notes are extremely minor in the grand scheme of things and honestly most new players will accumulate a few notes about Ock/Ick in Ick/Ock. Most of the admins(Including myself) have notes that were placed on us that look almost identical to yours.

One of mine for reference.

You're showing a great effort to move past these and they'll one day just be something to laugh at. Please trust me on this.

Godspeed.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #587095

For reference, I will show you a snippet of my note history as well from the admin panels.

As you can see, admins see historic notes greyed out and for old enough notes we have to toggle to show them.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin