Appeals which have been closed.
Apogate

[aHammer18] Apogate - Clientban

Post by Apogate » #59180

Byond account and character name:
Apogate, Augustus Pike

Banning admin: aHammer18
Ban type: Client ban
Ban reason and length: Indefinite, Banned for sharing an IP address with a relative (Byond ID: An0n_Space55) with whom I was playing with at the time.
Ban was placed on: December 27, 2014 @ 2:58 Server time (EST)

My side of the story: I was spending the holidays at a relatives house, wanting to show him the basics of SS13 on TGStation. The thought of us appearing to be round ghosters did not cross my mind as we joined the server together until an admin messaged me asking why we we showed up as sharing a connection. I told ahammer we would be playing in separate rooms and offered to disconnect. Another admin (presumably ahammer) messaged Anon_space asking the same question, to which he replied we were sitting next to eachother. At this point I had already disconnected and left the room. He later told me that ahammer understandably banned both of us until we provided proof on the forums that we were relatives playing the game together.

I would like to be unbanned because: I don't have the motivation to play anywhere other than tgstation and would like to be unbanned as we didn't have malicious intent in joining that day. I had about 3-4 months of previous activity on TGstation and never had any trouble with admins before this incident other than a warning from Quartz for murdering a braindead.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Re: [aHammer18] Apogate - Clientban

Post by Ahammer18 » #59243

No, you had the same computer ID, meaning you had two accounts going at the same time. Unless you can prove that it was a relative this appeal is denied.

Also actual banning reason is as follows:
Shares the same CID (Computer ID) with An0n_Space55, Explain yourself on the forums with a picture proving that you are indeed playing with a relattive
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Apogate

Post by Apogate » #59245

I had previously played on that desktop, but was not using it at the time of the ban. We were using seperate computers at the time, but I don't entirely understand how BYOND/SS13 uses CIDs, or how it might show up on your end. It might show that we shared a CID as both accounts were logged in to the single desktop at one point, but not at the same time. If you can remember, I believe we even contradicted eachother when you asked both myself and Space. I had said that we were in seperate rooms, but he had told you we were next to eachother. I am not aware as to how I would even be able to run two seperate instances of the byond client off one desktop, or how I might go about even proving I wasn't metagaming.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #59248

Yes, I just checked logs again, you weren't connected at the same time, so I'll lift the ban. You two were. as you put it, contradicting each other, so that didn't help. I'd just avoid playing in the same house.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Apogate

Post by Apogate » #59250

He didn't seem to care much for it anyway, plus we live quite a distance apart, so it won't be a problem again. Thank you!