Post by 9bonk » #602418

BYOND account: RoobToob
Character name: John Funnyman
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: See attachment
Server you were playing on when banned: Basil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 163693
Your side of the story: When I was banned earlier for an incident involving bluespace tomatoes, I was understanding of this and decided to wait the ban out, at one point I decided to log on to see how much longer I had left before I could play again and was greeted to this.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've been playing on TG for quite a while now, (at least to me,) and even though I've made mistakes before, this is still a game and server that I greatly enjoy.
Anything else we should know: I've been banned once before for a week and waited it out just fine, and I would never think to attempt ban evasion, not to mention I have no real reason to make an alternate account for a software I only use for one thing.
Attachments
A screencap of the message I received
A screencap of the message I received
Capture.PNG (9.12 KiB) Viewed 981 times
Last edited by 9bonk on Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Re: ban appeal

Post by Cimika » #602420

Hey, thanks for taking the time to appeal, I recommend editing your post to the proper format :

Code: Select all

[b]BYOND account:[/b] BYOND account
[b]Character name:[/b] Character name at time of ban
[b]Ban type:[/b] Server/Role[s]/OOC/etc
[b]Ban length:[/b] Permanent, 5 days, etc
[b]Ban reason:[/b] Copy this from the server. If this is a server ban, attempt to connect. If it is not a server ban, view your notes with "View Admin Remarks" button under OOC tab in-game. An image is suitable, but do **not** paraphrase or otherwise modify the reason.
[b]Time ban was placed:[/b] Try to get this from the server when you get the ban reason. If it was a note, the note has a timestamp. If it was a server ban, it will also have a timestamp. Both of these times are in UTC.
[b]Server you were playing on when banned:[/b] Server name, eg, Bagil/Sybil/Terry/Event Hall
[b]Round ID in which ban was placed:[/b] Round ID, should be present in ban reason from server. Can be excluded if it cannot be found. Example: 101235
[b]Your side of the story:[/b] Explain what happened in your own words.
[b]Why you think you should be unbanned:[/b] Why should you get this opportunity to return, what value do you bring back to the community? Was your ban unfair? Justify it.
[b]References of good conduct:[/b] If serverbanned and **especially** if permabanned, have you played on other servers during the time you were banned? Name them here, in many cases good references of conduct and character can be crucial to a successful appeal. Otherwise, feel free to remove this portion.
[b]Anything else we should know:[/b] If you have anything else you feel is relevant to your appeal, include it here. For example, if you have recently been banned from another server, or have had issues in other communities, it may be a preferable to be transparent and address that here, rather than them being brought up during the appeal process. If this section does not apply to you, feel free to remove it.
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :

MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #602430

I'm gonna wait for this to be edited to follow the template before reading.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #602743

Thanks for explaining the situation.

I decided to unban both ckeys, with the hope it's not the same person.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW: