cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

[FatalX1] Excessive Tiding

Post by cocothegogo » #609504

BYOND account: BYOND account Cocothegog0
Character name: Ceejay Ajay
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 day
Ban reason: You have been banned by FatalX1 from the server.
Reason: Dayban for excessive tiding, after assaulting and stunning 2 security members in escape, helped raid the brig and called on the rest of the raiders to kill the detective when he started using lethal force, this was when security had 2-3 people and there were 8 or so people raiding the brig, this got wayyy out of hand
This ban is temporary, it will be removed in 1440 minutes. The round ID is 167230.
Time ban was placed:21:06:57 04/08/2021
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 167230.
Your side of the story: At the start of shift once icebox with new PR with new bar two traitor bola boxes hand spawned so me and a couple other assistants decided to steal batongs. This then snowballed into about 10 other people joining in on this. this resulted in two security officers getting their batons stolen we followed them into brig which they then opened fired. This was fine. I only started harm intent when Det decided to stab me and another assistants eye out. I had never harmed only stunned officers up to this point at this point I said over radio "Det that's not cool I'm going to kill you now." which he was swifty crittted then the admin took all the assistants (no sec) to admin jail.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I will start this by saying I am not a perfect player. I play mostly assistant and yes I tide from time to time. FatalX1 has multiple notes with me on the run up to this as he does not agree with my play style I think is rather ridged with the rules but we are all different. He also believes I am an antag roller even though I play 90% of my rounds to finish and have been banned from antag around2016 and don't instead to be banned for another 2 years from it. I believe the ban was unfair due two 2 reasons. I never harmed the Detective until he decided blinding me fully was a justified thing to do. Perhaps I'm wrong in saying this but I've played here a long time and if you stab someone's eyes out it makes you valid this may be out of date due to surgery not being as long-winded as before. 2. I agree, lethal force in that situation is justified but stabbing the eyes of a character out is not an easy repair. you are dealing with surgery then another 10-15 minutes semi blindness after that. On terry that is virtually to the point the shuttles being called, whats the point in playing? you either leave (then fatalx1 leaves another note on me claiming I'm avoiding admin questioning or rolling) or spend the rest of your shift incapacitated.
Anything else we should know: n/a
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Re: [FatalX1] Excessive Tiding

Post by cocothegogo » #609505

Note. I'll admit i posted this before round end but I deleted it and has now been reposted. check edits
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Re: [FatalX1] Excessive Tiding

Post by Fatal » #609543

Alright, let's start from the beginning

I notice a giant fight in escape, where you and other players (as you say there was about 10 altogether) are fucking with the detective and a seccie, at this point where we start watching, you are batoning the officer, and dragging him into the ice, and other players are repeatedly shoving him and the detective when he tries to do anything

Chaplain rescued the officer from the snow, and at some point, the detective and seccie run back to the brig, lacking some weapons and I believe the officer had lost his HUDglasses too after being stripped of them

The horde chases them both to the brig, and actually storms it, continuing this tide, again, shoving, and stunning the security and detective, there's another officer in the brig now, but it's still 3 vs 8 or so

After about a minute of being shoved, robbed, and stunned, the detective, with literally NO other options available to him, started stabbing peoples eyes out, now, whilst not exactly "standard", I'm going to put this under this, from the rules page

While it is up to the discretion of the security player, lethal force may be used on a mob of players trying to force entry into the brig. Additionally, lethal force may be used immediately on anyone trying to enter the armory, is in the armory, or is leaving it

At this point, you start yelling on the radio that you are going to kill the detective, and for other players to also kill him, at this point, it's gotten out of hand, and I start prisoning people before we have a brig full of security bodies or assistant bodies (or both), I also want to point out that NOBODY involved in this situation, was an antagonist

In this situation, security was totally justified in using WHATEVER means necessary to get the horde out of the brig, if that meant screwdrivers, lasers, toolboxes to cave your skulls in, that's totally fine by me, however, raiding the brig and then calling on your tide to kill the security when they fight back in this manner, is definitely not okay

Now, of all the people involved in that situation, you were the only one banned, everyone else received a note, and I'll explain why:

From rule 1:

Unprovoked grief (occasionally known as greytiding), repeated cases of minor unprovoked grief, and unprovoked grief targeted towards specific players or groups (i.e. metagrudging) fall under rule 1. Admins may follow up on grief with allowing the affected parties to ignore normal escalation policy or measures such as warnings or bans.

As you say yourself, you had some traitor bolas from the bar and used them on security, and steal their batons, this escalated to a full blown brig raid which was going to have a death count if we had not intervened, but upon looking through the logs, you were the one who started bola'ing security and stunning them, and you were the one who called out for the tide to kill the detective, everyone else involved, was mostly just shoving, and a couple of the people we prisoned actually never did much at all so they didn't get anything

You also have, by your own admittance, a lengthy note / ban history (although that is over quite a long time), you have 2 daybans alone in July, so the issue here is that you aren't understanding precisely what it is, that you are doing wrong

Put yourself in the situation of the security involved in that raid, is that fun for them, to be tided by a bunch of non-antags and have their rounds ruined because they're wearing security uniforms?

Anyhow, you haven't really given me any reason as to why you should be unbanned so this is denied, but of course, as always, head admins can overrule if they see fit