[Domitius]IguanaDie - Janny Cleans Station for 3 whole days, summons friends in shuttle because lone

Appeals which have been closed.
IguanaDie
Byond Username: IguanaDie

[Domitius]IguanaDie - Janny Cleans Station for 3 whole days, summons friends in shuttle because lone

Post by IguanaDie » #610436

BYOND account: IguanaDie
Character name: LimanKan
Ban type: CannotAccessServer
Ban length: 7 days.
Ban reason: As a non-antag attacked and killed others on the escape shuttle before the round ended.
Time ban was placed: 2021-08-10 21:48
Server you were playing on when banned: CAMPBELL(MRP)
Round ID in which ban was placed: 167579
Your side of the story: Very long round 3 days almost, I had spent long hours on the station, played supportive roles, janny cleaning and tiling everything, acting as various roles to keep the station afloat, rescued people, worked on xenobio to help give everyone what they needed. The essence of the matter is: In long rounds these rules become loose, there weren't admins if we needed them, the aim was more to do projects , traitors were not interrupting the round, all of us were working towards maintaing the station. At the end of the round the pace was glacial: almost everybody was SSD, the active crew was tired and bored , nobody was talking to anybody and the only activity there was were some traitors killing somebody right in front of me(which further spurred my actions), I had gone and took every ssd player to the shuttle, and wanted to go with a bang, so I prepared some extracts to spawn monsters hostile to everybody from xenobio and some friendly monsters , to make the end of the round memorable in a pokemon sort of way. It was fun but I only did it because I felt that without it we would go on a whimper and the type of round it was, everyone was bored in the end, I understand it's a MediumRoleplayServer, I wouldn't have done this in a normal round nor a lightRP one. I am well aware of the rules.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I almost always im trying to help everyone I can, bringing them back from the dead when possible as I wish for others to experience the fun I do with this game, choosing roles like janitor,chef,shaft miner,medical...; I did this because I felt it would enrich the round and because it wasn't even possible to think of the round as something you could pass as roleplay (there were SSDS everywhere) so I wanted it to feel special in the end, I am sorry if in the end I ruined it for somebody, but I feel that it's unjust to not count all the times I did something for the people in the round and how I enriched it.I think the people who reported me didn't really even try to discuss it with me, nor had they spent even a fraction of what I had on the round. I may be mistaken, and I did apologize for it, but I feel it's unfair when I was one of the enablers for the round to have continued for so long (Tony,Kadence,Cobalt,Paulpott,Ema being the others). I feel I didn't Interrupt anyones shift only their end.
References of good conduct: Well as I said, I rescued people, repaired countless rooms and messes, cleaned everything, helped people with xenobio goodies, It was a small crew and we all needed to cooperate and I really don't have almost any incident with the rules on other ocasions, just looking to have fun and make other people have fun.
Anything else we should know: Uhh, I was VERY suspicous of the obvious traitors, and that really drove me from "I might do something " to "Im surrounded by traitors", later when the round ended, I saw they were brainwashed to complete a traitor's objective, and that the only person who I had actually directly really hurt was innocent...sorry. I would like to remind that it wasn't a 2 or 3 hour round, it had been much more than that and the focus wasn't on getting the green text but on completing projects you wanted to make.

I think that's all. Aside from knowing I might have killed one guy, I didn't get a clear image in the chaos of it all.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Re: [Domitius]IguanaDie - Janny Cleans Station for 3 whole days, summons friends in shuttle because lone

Post by Domitius » #610455

Hey thanks for appealing!

I understand the desire to make a bang but as a non-antag summoning your "Friends" is not allowed.

I'll drop the ban length to the length of the round(Three days) because of your clean note history.
IguanaDie
Byond Username: IguanaDie

Re: [Domitius]IguanaDie - Janny Cleans Station for 3 whole days, summons friends in shuttle because lone

Post by IguanaDie » #610459

Domitius wrote:Hey thanks for appealing!

I understand the desire to make a bang but as a non-antag summoning your "Friends" is not allowed.

I'll drop the ban length to the length of the round(Three days) because of your clean note history.
Ok, I'll accept this conclusion even if I'm still mad, mainly about not having been enough moderation in any of the shifts when we desperately needed them , and then getting a ban for a round which has no public logs after the matter with no discussion nor any admin (as far as I know) having directly seen the events. And if my clean history is the only thing that spurs the shortening of it, Im disapointed that I typed all that. Next time I'll make an ahelp before taking such a decision.

Thanks unironically, even if I don't see eye to eye with the reason.