Appeals which have been closed.
Aleph

[stickymayhem] Silicon jobban

Post by Aleph » #61030

Byond account and character name: StuAlpha
Banning admin: stickymayhem
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Silicon jobban
Ban reason and length: A week
Time ban was placed (including time zone): A couple of minutes ago from this post
Your side of the story: So the Captain runs a silly SJW gimmick and then a wizard comes into her office wanting peace. Captain decides to make him her assistant and he goes passive. Eventually sticky sends a centcom message declaring the wizard valid and unknown to me gave him another objective. He also ion laws me with 'WIZARDS ARE NERDS', since I go through the usual logic Person X is Species Y that should make him not human, which usually means like a lizard except the whole wizards are lethal, and since he was sending guns to cargo to help hunt the wizard I assumed that was the intent.

Anyway the wizard vanishes and hides in a locker for almost the rest of the round, and people were saying that someone was mindswapped. I got reports of Orlando throwing up smoke constantly in the Captain's Office and think that he was switched with the wizard, which going back to my ion law ment dealing with him. He gets cloned later and the wizard finally decides to pop up in the shuttle and get killed moments later.
PM to-Admins: Also did you do the wizard hunting gimmick?
Admin PM from-Stickymayhem: Not really a gimmick, just a timid wizard
PM to-Admins: You didn't do the Ion law?
Admin PM from-Stickymayhem: I did yeah.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Sticky says that's not how I'm supposed to interpret my laws except I can't find any specific rule or silicon policy that my interpretation of 'X is now Y' was wrong and I didn't intentionally act in bad faith with the result.
Spoiler:
Also do I have to make a separate appeal to see my notes since I've been on this server for well over a year
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: [stickymayhem] Silicon jobban

Post by Ricotez » #61047

I wasn't personally involved in this incident, but under the AN0N3 AMENDMENT I want to point out the relevant sections from the rules.

First off, in the Ambiguous Laws section of the Silicon Policy:
1.1.2) Server Rule 1: "Don't be a dick out of character" applies for law interpretation. Act in good faith to not ruin a round for other players unprompted.
And under Conflicts and Loopholes:
2.2) You may exploit conflicts or loopholes but must not violate Server Rule 1 because of it. See 1.1.2 for details.
So what this really boils down to is: did you break Server Rule 1 or not?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Aleph

Post by Aleph » #61048

If you're asking if I tried break Rule 1 intentionally, no.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #61070

Aleph wrote:Byond account and character name: StuAlpha
Banning admin: stickymayhem
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Silicon jobban
Ban reason and length: A week
Time ban was placed (including time zone): A couple of minutes ago from this post
Your side of the story: So the Captain runs a silly SJW gimmick and then a wizard comes into her office wanting peace. Captain decides to make him her assistant and he goes passive. Eventually sticky sends a centcom message declaring the wizard valid and unknown to me gave him another objective. He also ion laws me with 'WIZARDS ARE NERDS', since I go through the usual logic Person X is Species Y that should make him not human, which usually means like a lizard except the whole wizards are lethal, and since he was sending guns to cargo to help hunt the wizard I assumed that was the intent.

Anyway the wizard vanishes and hides in a locker for almost the rest of the round, and people were saying that someone was mindswapped. I got reports of Orlando throwing up smoke constantly in the Captain's Office and think that he was switched with the wizard, which going back to my ion law ment dealing with him. He gets cloned later and the wizard finally decides to pop up in the shuttle and get killed moments later.
PM to-Admins: Also did you do the wizard hunting gimmick?
Admin PM from-Stickymayhem: Not really a gimmick, just a timid wizard
PM to-Admins: You didn't do the Ion law?
Admin PM from-Stickymayhem: I did yeah.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Sticky says that's not how I'm supposed to interpret my laws except I can't find any specific rule or silicon policy that my interpretation of 'X is now Y' was wrong and I didn't intentionally act in bad faith with the result.
Spoiler:
Also do I have to make a separate appeal to see my notes since I've been on this server for well over a year
I was present for this. There has never been a time where the AI was allowed to ascribe species status to a common noun and then declare that noun non-human for the sake of getting valid kills. This is really terrible behavior and sets a bad standard for application of the vague laws clause.
Aleph

Post by Aleph » #61079

cedarbridge wrote:-snip-
I'm not expecting any unbans since it's a first offense, I at least want to know from Sticky why he ion lawed me.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #61150

Sticky did it as a joke and expected the silicons to take it as such. The most we expected was you guys following him around calling him a nerd.

It's expected that an AI or cyborg would know the definition of the term "nerd", and would also know that it doesn't denote a separate species or lack of humanity.

From a non-gameplay standpoint, Silicon Policy violation. Clear and simple.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Aleph

Post by Aleph » #61167

Ok, I'll wait out my ban then