pieguy
Byond Username: FerroLocus

[Cheshify] Pieguy223 - Unreasonable ban

Post by pieguy » #635158

BYOND account: Pieguy223

Character name: Jerry Notagan

Ban type: Server

Ban length: 1 week

Ban reason: Improper escalation with cargo. Hacking into their front door with a shotgun in hand, fighting them, and then later returning with a PKA to attack the QM. With a poor history that shows no sign to improving, any further actions like this will result in escalating punishment.

Server you were playing on when banned: Manual

Round ID in which ban was placed: 180608

Your side of the story: Here is exactly what happened, from my perspective. There are two important pieces of information that I should get out of the way first. The first is easy to explain, a guy was selling shotguns in the commissary and I, like many others, bought one. The second one is the curator writing and distributing a paper titled "The Guide To Enlightenment" which contained the door wires for every department. I worked with the curator to compile this information, and lent him money so he could print all the copies he needed. Now here's when things went wrong. I tried to hack into EVA to get a suit, using the GTE, but found the wire listed for command was wrong. I then hacked into the HOP office (while he was inside), and it worked. As I did hold some responsibility over the project, I went to see if there were any other GTE wires that weren't labeled properly. This led me to cargo. I opened the panel, got out my multitool and the GTE, and pulsed the wire listed. Nothing happened. I opened my PDA to message the curator when the cargo lizard ran out and started attacking me. He shoved me to the ground and I drew my shotgun and said "Touch me," planning to continue the sentence with "and I'll shoot" but before I could finish typing the second part he had already shoved me again, stolen my shotgun, and SHOT ME WITH IT before scampering back into cargo like the rat he is and calling sec. I get arrested and tell them the lizard stole my shotgun, to which they respond by raising my jail time for owning a shotgun, not caring that my gun was now in the lizard's possession. At that point I was angry as fuck OOC and IC. The lizard wordlessly stole from me, beat me, and got me arrested. I grabbed a PKC off the curator and went back to cargo to reclaim my property. I beat the lizard into crit and got my gun back, never attacking the other two cargo techs who were attacking me. The other techs managed to crit me after, but a friendly borg took me to med before they could finish me off.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Before I explain this, I'd just like to point out how many outright just false pieces of information are in the reason for ban. Granted most are pretty irrelevant but it still shows that this dude wasn't paying attention at all.
"Hacking into their front door with a shotgun in hand"
The shotgun was on my back and the sprite was barely visible from the side.
"fighting them"
This happened after I got out of prison, I didn't fight back at all when the lizard started assaulting me.
"and then later returning with a PKA to attack the QM"
PKC, not PKA
Again, mostly irrelevant but still telling. As for why I should be unbanned, it's because this was a completely IC issue. The lizard attacked me first and attacked me violently, shooting me into near crit and calling sec. Security just blindly supported him without looking into anything and didn't give a shit that he stole my shotgun. At that point I had been robbed, beaten, and humiliated. Last I checked "reasonable escalation" doesn't mean letting people walk all over you without consequences. I would have done the same thing on an HRP server. Shit, I would have done the same thing IRL. I did to the lizard EXACTLY what he did to me. He beat me and stole my gun, I beat him and stole my gun. The only difference is he attacked me without ever being harmed by me, yet somehow I'm in the wrong.
References of good conduct: My main server is actually BS12, I also have experience on other HRP servers like Persephone. I've had good conduct on both. Relevant anecdote: On BS12 I've gotten away with punching the shit out of the entire bridge crew as a security officer after the COS reprimanded me for drinking on the job. I also have a couple dozen hours on bee and I haven't gotten any notes on that server.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: [Cheshify] Pieguy223 - Unreasonable ban

Post by Cheshify » #635170

In this case, you admit to hacking into cargo with armed with a loaded shotgun. I believe any QM is entirely justified in retaliating to this, as they don't know the context of someone breaking into their department armed. Sec arrested you for this, and you later returned to continue to escalate. The reasoning for this ban is because it's part of a long history of poor faith, as seen in your note history, which constitutes nearly 3 full months of approximately 1 note per week. It's a consistent history of bad behavior that leads me to this ruling.
pieguy

Post by pieguy » #635297

"I believe any QM is entirely justified in retaliating to this, as they don't know the context of someone breaking into their department armed."

And me retaliating to his retaliation by doing exactly what he did to me isn't justified? I don't need context for someone attacking, stealing from, and SHOOTING me. Hacking a door doesn't give him the right to do that to me. That was unnecessarily violent.

"you later returned to continue to escalate."
I didn't escalate the level of violence. Escalating would be killing him. I maintained the standard of violence the HE set by doing exactly what he did to me.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #635351

I do not believe this ruling was incorrect, and I will not be accepting this appeal. If you're not happy with this, we can always contact the head admins.
pieguy

Post by pieguy » #635374

Yeah how do I do that?
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #635400

We'll get to this when we can.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #635404

You have repeated notes and history for excessive non-antag behavior, with bans going from 1 days, to 3 days, to now this 1 week ban.

An assistant randomly breaking into cargo with a shotgun in hand is absolutely grounds for the QM to get you to fuck off, and allowing you to escalate back in the manner you did is just going to grant more power to the greytide that we do not want to see, especially on MRP.

We take no issue with the admin's conduct, and this ban will be upheld.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<