Byond Username: Technokek

[Lulufren] Didnt roleplay corretly.

Post by technokek » #647466

BYOND account: technokek
Character name: Richard Stallman
Ban type: Ban
Ban length: 1 Week
Ban reason: Roundstart suicide as HoP after operatives declared war
This ban is temporary, it will be removed in 1 week.
Time ban was placed: 2022-07-23 16:45:29
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 187151
Your side of the story: Nukeops is very boring especially for a RP role like hop, as i dont enjoy combat. I thought to myself that i will try to salvage this situation and get at least something to happen. I log into the hop console so people can do their ID changes and drag a fueltank into the delta drone bay and started yelling about how i had hidden the nuke disk in maints and i am drinking myself to death (i never touched the nuked disk). I put my suit sensors to max and started drinking welderfuel still yelling about how i had hidden the nuke disk in maints and how safe it was there. I hoped someone would come to be and do literally anything so i woudnt have just a shitty round that consist only of hurr durr nukeops shoot you and the shuttle gets called. Shortly after i die someone finds me and fullstrips me and throws me in a corner where nobody will find me. I see this knowing that i woundnt be revived i just Accept the popup asking me if i wanna be "Cyanne". I then get a message in chat that i got a weeklong head of staff ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Nobody was harmed by me doing this, i just wanted some form of RP that isnt getting shot by a nukie. As the hos was the acting captain and i didnt choose a combat focused role i dont see how this was a problem. I just wanted to RP in a different way than the banning admin wanted me to. This ban/note makes it sound like i airtank suicided instantly as the message came up. Which is just not the case.
Lulufren
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Lulufren

Re: [Lulufren] Drinking yourself to death on warops

Post by Lulufren » #647467

As head-of-staff roles are important for the entire station, i'd recommend to ahelp and ask an admin to offer your mob to ghosts if it looks like you're not gonna be able to finish the round as that head role. That way we can minimize the impact on the overall round.
Other crewmembers depend on the heads-of-staff participating in the round.

So please, next time just ahelp it.
It's ok to not be a fan of the game mode, but head roles do require at least trying to do the job of that headrole.
I can lower the jobban to 3 days if that seems more fair to you.
technokek

Re: [Lulufren] Drinking yourself to death on warops

Post by technokek » #647468

Lulufren wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:52 pm As head-of-staff roles are important for the entire station, i'd recommend to ahelp and ask an admin to offer your mob to ghosts if it looks like you're not gonna be able to finish the round as that head role. That way we can minimize the impact on the overall round.
Other crewmembers depend on the heads-of-staff participating in the round.

So please, next time just ahelp it.
It's ok to not be a fan of the game mode, but head roles do require at least trying to do the job of that headrole.
I can lower the jobban to 3 days if that seems more fair to you.
My main issue with this is that the ban makes it look like i just suicided and didnt want to play. But i did want to play. if i just wanted to kill myself i could have just used a oxytank/Or shove someone with a gun a few times/Climb into the kitchen repeatedly. There are so many ways of getting yourself killed on warops that wont raise a suspicion of suicide on purpose. I did this with a reason, i wanted someone to interact with me and stop me from doing this/revive me and maybe send me to a psychologist. I announced my what i was doing many times, ensured my sensors where active and basically begged someone to stop me by pretending i am the only person knowing where the disk is. This wasnt just "hurr durr antag roll" i just wanted something else that wasnt the tdm that is nukeops.

I see this more as a skill issue where i overestimated people willingness to interact with me than just a blatant "suicided on warops for no raisin".
Lulufren
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Lulufren

Re: [Lulufren] Didnt roleplay corretly.

Post by Lulufren » #647706

I updated the note/ban to specify the welderfuel-drinking part
technokek

Post by technokek » #647785

Sorry but this still does not describe what actually happened. I tried to RP in a specific way and it sadly ended in a way I didn't think it would end. I did not simply suicide for the sake of suiciding and this edit still does not reflect this. I don't even think this was notable/bannable under the premises you listed.

It would have been also nice if you would have even bwoinked me.

As I don't think we will come to a understanding here so I am asking for a head admin review.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #648008

We had a brief chat with Lulufren about the ban-without-bwoinking aspect and we're happy with the results. Banning a player without speaking to them first is highly unusual and deprives an admin of the opportunity to gather a full picture of what happened and explain any key rule breaks before deciding on what and how to phrase a note or ban reason.

Similarly the ban reason was lacking, missing key context. And finally the ban itself was lacking, as it seems you were head role banned partly for antag rolling.

Rule 5 requires you to put in a bare minimum of effort as a Head of Staff role.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... 1/game.txt

Code: Select all

[2022-07-23 16:37:24.290] GAME: Technokek/(Richard Stallman) Client Technokek/(Richard Stallman) has taken ownership of mob Richard Stallman(/mob/living/carbon/human) (Arrival Shuttle (102,23,13))
[2022-07-23 16:39:34.339] SAY: Technokek/(Richard Stallman) "sorry i am killing myself" (Drone Bay (79,171,2))
[2022-07-23 16:42:39.331] GAME: Technokek/(Richard Stallman) Client Technokek/(Richard Stallman) has taken ownership of mob Richard Stallman(/mob/dead/observer) (Drone Bay (79,171,2))
[2022-07-23 16:45:07.612] ACCESS: Mob Login: Technokek/(Cayenne) was assigned to a /mob/living/simple_animal/hostile/carp/cayenne
Intentionally killing yourself within ~5 minutes of joining the shift does not meet the minimum requirements for Head of Staff roles under Rule 5. You can say that you did want to play or claim it was some form of 7D hyper-dimensional RP, but your actions clearly don't match that reasoning.

Killing yourself because it's nuke ops is something admins do, so we can't hold players to any different standard than that. However, killing yourself when it's nuke ops then taking a nuke op roles is indistinguishable from antag rolling and is treated as such by the admin team. If you do it accidentally, immediately ahelp to explain. Otherwise, simply don't do it.

Now rather than try to straighten out this big old bag of snakes, we're just going to replace your ban with a more detailed note. We also understand that the ban has since expired, so us removing it is more symbolic than anything else.
Player suicided roundstart as head of staff role on warops and took nuke ops ghost role afterwards.

Player was reminded roundstart suicide doesn't meet the minimum standard for Head of Staff roles, and killing yourself because of nuke ops then taking a nuke ops ghost role immediately after is treated as antag rolling.
Mothblocks: Unavailable
Timberpoes: Remove ban, replace with more detailed note
Melbert: Remove ban, replace with more detailed note
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin