[Skorvold] - Fantasyangel 54 (Alison Trujillo) -Perma appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Fantasyangel54

[Skorvold] - Fantasyangel 54 (Alison Trujillo) -Perma appeal

Post by Fantasyangel54 » #64997

Metacommunication ban appeal
[Skorvold] (Do not know IC name) - Meta Ban
Byond account and character name: Fantasyangel 54 (Alison Trujillo)
Banning admin: Skorvold
Ban type: Perma'd from every /tg/ server
Ban reason: Metacommunication with Seth_907 and Dragons575
Time ban was placed: 2014-07-09 4:14:36 MT

Your side of the story: Me and Seth_907 are friends in real life. We would use Steam to talk to each other and when he introduced me to SS13 we used steam so that Seth could teach me how to play the game, after I learned the basics we continued using steam so that we could talk and so that he could tell me how to do a job if the wiki wasn't enough. After a while we decided to show some our friend this game. The friend we introduced to this game was Dragons575. We told him about metagaming and to read the rules before we started playing and he didn't listen or read the rules. We were teaching him how to play the same way I was taught and Seth had asked an admin if it was ok, and he said it was as long as we didn't use it to an advantage. Seth taught him how to fight near the end of a round, and on the next he was the captain, which we told him not to be. In the very beginning of the round he gave me his spare ID, I told him it was metagaming and gave it back and then he left the ID in botany (where me and Seth worked) and left. A little bit later he kept trying to beat the shite out of us, eventually causing Seth to kill him. An admin contacted me and told us to control him and soon after that I was perma-banned by Skorvold, who contacted Seth and told him we weren't trying to roleplay.

Why I think I should be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned because I was not trying to use metacommunication to an advantage or trying to ruin immersion. Our friend didn't care about the rules and fucked us over. I understand that metacommunication is a bannable offense and that it ruins immersion and can be used for an unfair advantage, but me and Seth were not trying to do either of these things, we were only trying to introduce a friend to this game. I am sorry for bringing him on the server and I promise that if we show any other friends this game, we will ensure that they are fully aware of the rules and will not ruin immersion for other players or try to give us any unfair advantages. I am sorry for any damages caused by us.
Last edited by peoplearestrange on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title edit
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Re: [Skorvold] - Fantasyangel 54 (Alison Trujillo) -Perma ap

Post by Skorvold » #65060

Lifted. Don't metacommunicate with your friend, I unbanned him recently too.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.