medeelel18
Byond Username: Medeelel18

{Sightld2} - medeelel18 secban

Post by medeelel18 » #651325

BYOND account: medeelel18
Character name: Mikhail Givi Tolstykh
Ban type: SEC Role
Ban length: Permament
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer permanently - As a HoS killed Ian FNR. When the HoP sought revenge he killed them as well as the doctor with them. This was found to be kill baiting. In addition to racking up 5 other security related notes in a short amount of time. I've escalated this to a permenant security ban under rule 7.
Time ban was placed:2022-08-28 10:00:25
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry I think
Round ID in which ban was placed: 189384
Your side of the story: Low pop server, I had joined the server as HOS for a while and HOP had recently late joined the shift, there were 6 people online and I had already killed a tot so I had a good idea that it was most likely that there were no active TOTs, so I decided to troll the HOP by killing his dog at arrivals in front of him, It was supposed to be a silly prank and I didnt think that it would have such severe repercusions especially on a server with less than 10 people on. Afterwards, I got a distress call over the radio from someone who had "died" outside xenobio in space, I grabbed a fire axe and broke him out and brought him to medbay where I had treated him. Shortly after discharging him from the medbay I was set on arrest and around a minute later without any words exchanged over the radio (from what I saw, I might have missed it since I was busy healing him but I didnt see any at the time) the HOP came in with around four to five other people and proceeded to fire disabler bolts at me, I put distance between me and him and started saying it was just a silly troll/prank and at some point we were just "peacefully" talking, although with some words exchanged in the name of IC, however, the warden started shooting at me with his laser gun for doing nothing in the moment and this is when I fired back essentially suppresing him so I would be able to leave, I started to flee, and a crewmate in a EVA suit and another staffie had seen the situation and helped me ditch the scene to the brig. At this point the warden was still chasing me up the halls with his egun firing lethals at me while I proceeded to try run to the brig. The warden had kept on shooting me, landing over 10-12shots on me and this is when I had used my gun to incapacitate/disable him, I use lethals and he ditches the area. I think to myself what had just happened and I run down back to medbay knowing that he might have been in danger considering there were two crewmates who had physically helped me escaped from the warden who had been commanded by the hop. Here is where I fucked up, a lot, rather than actually healing the hop and following the escalation policy I foolishly behead him (I have no idea why the fuck I did that, I am still confused as of now).
- I think the fact that the warden had been commanded by the hop to arrest me (not to kill, but he still decided to try anyways) was the reason I beheaded the hop, I was probably so clouded up at this point by what had just happened I had failed to realise that the fucking HOP had not actually done anything wrong rather than an IC revenge, if anyone should have been incapacitated here it should have been the warden for straight up attempting to kill me while talking to the HOP.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I dont think there is any evidence that I can justify RRing the HOP, I dont want to come off as selfish or maybe narciscistic for saying this but I miss the memories I have had while playing on the SEC team especially as HOS, when the hands of the station falls on you you get a great responsibility of the crew and get an adrenaline rush which is unmatched by the other jobs I miss the times where the station would get ovverun by cultists and I would be dragging people to the medbay defiblirating them trying to make one last stand, or perhaps saving the captain from outerspace in a fierce battle between pirates, this is one of the only jobs that I have familiarised myself when transferring from GOON to here since the mechanics are almost identical. I wish to put enough time between my past warnings, notes, and even the ban to make these notes irrelevant in time and to lead myself in this community as a renewed person and display good behaviour so that I may clear myself from the forums. I know what is at stake now, my whole "future" on this game could be removed if I dare to make another fuck up and I want to reintigrate in the job that I love.

References of good conduct: Even when confronted with lethals , I have restrained myself from using lethals myself instead sticking to stun batons and disablers and the occasional warning shots with IC criminals,
Anything else we should know: Although I broke the escalation policy when confronting the HOP for the second time, the warden had also broken the escalation policy and had escalated the situation to a fight rather than a heated discussion when he had started firing lethals at me. I think it could have turned out differently hence the warden not interefered but the matter of the fact here is that I RR'd the HOp and this is what had lead to my ban.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: {Sightld2} - medeelel18 secban

Post by Pandarsenic » #651336

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Tolstykh

Noting that Mikhail "Givi" Tolstykh is a fairly-recently-deceased war criminal, active during a contemporary military conflict.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
medeelel18
Byond Username: Medeelel18

Post by medeelel18 » #651338

I do not mean to come off as rude but, you can have different views on different people but at the end of the day its a username
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #651364

Pandarsenic wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:44 pm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Tolstykh

Noting that Mikhail "Givi" Tolstykh is a fairly-recently-deceased war criminal, active during a contemporary military conflict.
Regarding this, it's typically our policy with names that you're not allowed to name yourself after notable real people, especially ones that are historically contentious. I don't plan on taking any action about this for the moment but do please change it as soon as possible.

Regarding your actual security ban, I've spoken to some more regular Terry-mins since a significant reason behind this ban and its length, was your history with security and the previous notes/bans left by Admins prior. The thing is, the oldest note you have regarding this issue is only a month. In terms of notes this is hardly any time at all.

I'm rejecting this appeal, I don't think you've provided sufficient reasoning in your defense, you're essentially just asking me for another chance. But the way I see it, you've been given several chances and things need to start escalating. Sorry gamer, it's only been 4 days.