note appeal - "greytiding"

Appeals which have been closed.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

note appeal - "greytiding"

Post by danno » #66523

Byond account: Dannno

admin: Gamarr

04-Feb-2015 | Followed a small gang led by cipher3, rioting into cargo and later medbay. Greytide/lynch mob behaviour. ~gamarr

this is a dumb note.
What happened: Cipher3 got the spare early on in the round and I actually spent a lot of it HELPING the "victim" (The HoP) get him. I helped in his arrest. I let the HoP know when he was breaking out. I called him out in the first place. However, after the HoP repeatedly stated that he doesn't care at all, I stopped caring as well and chilled with Cipher and Luck. The "greytiding" at cargo was Cipher breaking in and stunning the HoP a few times (who, again, stated they DID NOT CARE) as I ran around in circles yelling BLUES CLUES CREW. The most I did in cargo was light a smoke grenade and hide in a locker.
There was no riot at medbay. We went to medbay because Gamarr silently and out of nowhere made multiple people retarded and we wanted to be cured. This resulted in the virologist getting the shit kicked out of them because Gamarr was stealthed and the only POSSIBLE explanation for the sudden retardation was the virologist. This is entirely on Gamarr.

Cipher actually got jobbanned from assistant for this, even though the "victim" in the situation THEMSELVES thought it was a stupid ban. No one actually ahelped the situation. Gamarr gave out a ban and notes for an incident they didn't actually have full knowledge about.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Somejerk
Byond Username: Somejerk

Re: note appeal - "greytiding"

Post by Somejerk » #66543

I was the HoP that round. When the round started I checked my PDA and saw at least seven assistants, a QM and a Virologist. I knew this would be a shitshow so I decided to try and give everyone weapon permits but the spare ID got stolen which turned me around and started total insanity.

Really I didn't care about what happened so long as I didn't get murdered or put out of the round any other way.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #66547

We went to medbay because Gamarr silently and out of nowhere made multiple people retarded and we wanted to be cured. This resulted in the virologist getting the shit kicked out of them because Gamarr was stealthed and the only POSSIBLE explanation for the sudden retardation was the virologist. This is entirely on Gamarr.
You've got to be kidding me. You kicked in the virologist based on a wild assumption. You didn't even try to verify if you were diseased as you went through medbay.

I'm sorry, but this kind of bloodlust is something I don't feel should be excused.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #66559

Ikarrus wrote:
We went to medbay because Gamarr silently and out of nowhere made multiple people retarded and we wanted to be cured. This resulted in the virologist getting the shit kicked out of them because Gamarr was stealthed and the only POSSIBLE explanation for the sudden retardation was the virologist. This is entirely on Gamarr.
You've got to be kidding me. You kicked in the virologist based on a wild assumption. You didn't even try to verify if you were diseased as you went through medbay.

I'm sorry, but this kind of bloodlust is something I don't feel should be excused.
i was in this round and that is absolute fucking bullshit
gamarr went out of his way to give specific people brain damage for shits and giggles or whatever - to multiple people at once, without any indication of them contracting it from a syringe or headbeating or what have you. meaning the literal only explanation was that the virologist had done it, and as there was a virologist that round who had been working on diseases, it is entirely justified to assume they did it. because they were quite literally the only possible culprit (except the stealthmin) as the only other people with access never entered viro.
it is in no way a wild assumption. at all. it is a logical assumption that normally would have been 100% true given the same circumstances - IF gamarr hadnt given people retardation for whatever reason that he did. (which should also be questioned)

im fairly sure theres no button to give random people retardation, though i believe there is one that gives everyone retardation. but i didn't get it, nor did most of the others on the server. so it was a directed attack on several people to punish them IC for.. what reason exactly? stunning the HoP, the one who has just posted in this thread that he didn't care about what was going on?
afterwards in OOC everyone was extremely pissed that gamarr had been stealthminning for no reason. he fucked up the round for those people by making them retarded, and the virologist was caught in the crossfire. punishing people for something that was entirely the fault of an admin is not at all ok.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #66599

Unless a new symptom has been added, the only virus-related brain effect is from Brainrot which is a very visible disease and identifiable outside of "Has retardation."
danno

Post by danno » #66613

Ikarrus wrote:

People started gibbering out of nowhere with no possible explanation and someone started yelling "GET THE VIROLOGIST" or some shit. It was a pretty reasonable conclusion.
You say I didn't try to verify it but I was the one taking blood and trying to use the pandemic and shit...? It's not like I was just securing valids
The virologist was one of the like, 3 non-assistant crewmen on station. It wasn't a huge jump we took to reach this conclusion. It was more like the only reasonable jump.

and yeah what the fuck you have a guy stealthminning and using his powers to make people retarded without warning, for reasons that he doesn't even have a full grasp of, and you'll get mad at us for this conclusion
what.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #66650

There were 3 little gangers going around (two lackeys which say they did not do much; though I watched them follow around the leader wit for a good while. Not actively doing shit doesn't really count for much when you continually go after the little leader, and present a whole riot mentality). The issue at cargo shouldn't have occurred, not the whole breaking into it 'just because'.

There was no 'bunch.' There was 2-3, all three of the gangers, who have turned up gibbering. The lackeys (by the way, the leader did not condone the whole viro dunking and watching it, he did not I think even have much to do with it,however he still led the whole ruckus earlier leading up to it/medbay second coming) immediately set upon dunking the viro to death/critical in chemistry, on the IMMEDIATE assumption it was some invisible virus? I was going to just leave the 'gang' with brain damage, but then the immediate 'VIRUS KILL HE!' was too much.

The lead up in the gang bullshit: Assistant Leader had all access somehow, lost it, tried recruiting two others in medbay while attempting to passing out tasers/weapons to them in his bid to wrangle the hop and get all access again, while offering weapons/access in return for aid. Said two then went along with him across the station, where they broke into the traitor QMs cargo bay (none of which they knew I believe unless someone made the connection with the spec ops crates in the cargo bay though honestly nobody seemed to notice/care). They just wanted the toys. After the hop tasers several, when they rush him with expandable batons, the hop flees with the QM, and the gang fucks around in cargo bay before hop returned with said QM. More slight fighting ensues before they all fuck off, and the QM himself inadvertently dies to the random bluespace anomaly sitting in mining (it shot him and the nearby stuff to space, poor guy). I watched you follow him around and help him instigate all what he was doing. The gibbering was going to be it I think, but the powergame meta assumptions of your retardation and then dunking the viro within damn minutes without even looking to see if it was a virus (immediately apologized to viro in PM about, as I did not expect you to jump the gun so much, but then, I guess I should have expected it afterall given what you are like and that is my fault).
danno

Post by danno » #66658

"Given what you are like"
I don't even have a history of anything, the fuck is this
It isn't a jump to realise you suddenly have massive brain damage, hear someone yell that it's the virologist, go over any other possible causes and realise there aren't any, and kick his ass for it. That is entirely on you.
You keep saying that I "went along with it" like it's some kind of huge crime, like I wasn't actively working against it until the HoP made it clear that they did not care at all and that I shouldn't either. No one even ahelped the situation; you saw some shit happen and decided to forego looking for context and instead gave people sudden retardation and pm'd me some aggressive shit like "tell me why I shouldn't jobban you"
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #66677

We've talked about this, catching random diseases and things doesn't make the virologist immediately valid. I'm surprised you wouldn't consider the possibility that the smoke grenade you threw earlier had some kind of retard chemical in it before jumping to blaming the virologist.

That you had to run right by a bunch of equipment that could've confirmed your suspicions to beat the shit out of a guy who had nothing to do with it implies you were more concerned about getting in on what you thought was a justified beatdown than actually solving your problem.

For someone who was just talking about how players put forth such good RP ideas and prayers this is pretty dumb.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
danno

Post by danno » #66680

Seeing as it was a stock smoke grenade that was lit way before we became retarded there was really no chance it was a "retard chemical"
Did you miss the part where I was the only one who actually tried to confirm it was a virus? I'm the one who took blood, made mutadone, went to the pandemic, etc.
Somejerk
Byond Username: Somejerk

Post by Somejerk » #66688

danno wrote:Seeing as it was a stock smoke grenade that was lit way before we became retarded there was really no chance it was a "retard chemical"
Did you miss the part where I was the only one who actually tried to confirm it was a virus? I'm the one who took blood, made mutadone, went to the pandemic, etc.
It was very much a stock smoke grenade. The QM was ordering special ops crates and what not and I really didn't care at the moment.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #66780

I've seen airborn diseases that can be stealthed to not show up on medscanners. Honestly, when an admin fucks with someone in a stealthy way, it's most easily associated with either a ling, virologist, or the long dead profession of bluespace thief/telescientist.

Wasn't in this round, but I feel it's relevant to add in that mediscanners wouldn't have helped. Only being able to get into virology and scan your own blood would make sure it wasn't the virologist, and if they're currently retarded or braindead, it's hard to take time to figure that out.

Not that brainrot is a disease likely started by the virologist as it can occur completely randomly, naturally, and within a small group of people quickly.

But if it WERE brainrot and not a modified disease, then it would show up on scanners, so... Take all this for what you'll take it for. They made a logical jump that could make a lot of sense, and I'm not sure how quickly they tested their own blood before or after the lynching or attempted lynching of viro.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #66792

could we get the viro to make a comment about this, i dont remember him speaking up in ooc
i do remember, however, being in the cargo foyer when the "gang" was fucking around in cargo. wherein nothing of consequence happened at all.
apparently this is grounds for a stealthmin to make people retarded as they see fit?
and can we please get an explanation as for why the hell the only admin online was stealthminning?
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #66797

Occasionally they'll stealthmin to catch behaviour they might not otherwise catch.

I'm not a huge fan of it, but it happens and it works. I'll see if I can get Gamarr to this thread
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
danno

Post by danno » #66799

Raven776 wrote: I'm not sure how quickly they tested their own blood before or after the lynching or attempted lynching of viro.
Immediately. The viro wasn't even killed or anything, just arrested. I immediately took his blood and ID and went to viro.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #67018

When I got brain damage the only things I could think of were some virologist thing and a stealthed admin. However we had no evidence there was any admin on, and randomly and subtly brain damaging a bunch of people is.... weird. It's pretty weird. There was nothing to suggest it was some kind of anti-gang vengeance from the gods. It was just messing up a couple of players and basically made them sit in medbay for the majority of the round remainder.

And I personally have never played virologist, don't know all the symptoms and diseases, and so had no idea. I could easily see someone else suspecting another player in the round having done something - there's no random event for it, no admins, spread to a couple people close to each other in medbay, and had not even the faintest of whispers in your head that this was some strange retribution for something done despite no confrontation in any official capacity until after the round and, indeed, because of the reaction to the virologist. In large part this was the admin blaming the players for reacting to his stealthy somewhat-IC vague and unannounced punishment. So I refer to my previous statement: It's pretty weird.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus