[Saegrimr] FrostyRaziel

Appeals which have been closed.
Forstyraziel

[Saegrimr] FrostyRaziel

Post by Forstyraziel » #68277

account: Frostyraziel
character: Issah something (it was rng name)
Admin: Saegrimr
ban type: server ban
ban reason and length: 1444 minutes "killed a clown"

My side of the story: So the entire shift this clown and a group of few other guys poke around the captains office, barricading the main entrance, to obviously prevent someone from entering. I keep an eye on this clown who constantly pokes around. I finally follow him to what appears to be an alternative entrance to the captain's office from the north-east side of it, and i do the only reasonable thing, beat him down and block the entrance until security arrives. I explain my side of the story to the security, but apparently this is not enough for the admin. It doesn't matter if the clown wasn't a traitor if he was still acting suspicious, I even saw him steal a multitool earlier and he had a pin pointer with him. Reminder that he was just hanging around with the same chemist that barricaded the entrance to the captain's office, who i was 100% sure was a traitor and reported him to security multiple times, even if, again, i could have killed him in a sec if I was just looking for an excuse to do that. Does the alternative route make sense yet and how i came to the conclusion to do what i did? Was I suppose to just let him get away or kill me first? I basically got banned for doing the rational and logical thing in that situation.

I don't blame the admin if he took what i did out of context, i mean he can't follow everybody. I wasn't just looking around to kill someone, I was trying to help security.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimr] FrostyRaziel

Post by Saegrimr » #68287

The clown had all-access, given to him by the captain. The pinpointer also given to him by the captain.
You murdered a clown in the captain's office because, in your own words, "i thought he was a triator stealing something".

This is purely meta and in no way a good excuse to just drop somebody on the spot, you're not security, you're not a mercenary. You're a bartender who needs to stop validhunting.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Forstyraziel

Post by Forstyraziel » #68291

And how was I suppose to know that? It was hardly for no reason. The explanation I gave to you was vague because i was questioned by 3 people at the same time. You say I was bartender but he was a clown, he was not security or someone of higher authority. Go check the logs, I tried to do everything to help security. At no point I was just looking for an excuse to kill someone. And I didn't even want to kill the clown, I just wanted to put him in critical until security arrives. I stayed there and waiter for sec to arrive so i can clear it with them. I even blocked the the other passage.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #68297

How were you supposed to know he was a traitor stealing the nuke disk/whatever you saw him take?

You don't, that's why you don't just jump straight to murdering people.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Forstyraziel

Post by Forstyraziel » #68299

I explained to you in my first post why I thought he was a traitor. If i knew he had full access I would't have done what I did, but for the reasons i explained I was convinced he had no good intentions. Also it wasn't like I wanted to destroy his body. If it was a different place I wouldn't even attack him but it was a decision that had to be done in the moment. And I agree there were better ways to handle the situation, but it was a split-second choice.

Again I was standing there with the security waiting to clear things with them, this didn't need an admin interruption. But that's my opinion. I hope we can finally bury this misunderstanding.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #68304

Forstyraziel wrote:but for the reasons i explained I was convinced he had no good intentions.
So killing him is the first option here?
"This dude is awfully shifty, better almost maybe not-kill him."
Forstyraziel wrote:I hope we can finally bury this misunderstanding.
Accident, mistake, misunderstanding, you still ended a player's round on a purely meta circumstance that wasn't even what you thought it was. Ban expires tomorrow, try again then without jumping to murder on situations you have minimal IC knowledge in.
Forstyraziel

Post by Forstyraziel » #68308

This is not even so much about the ban, because it's a short one, even though it would be nice if i could play more tonight. The point is you ended my round, and you weren't even a wheel in the whole thing. This wasn't a griefing case, this was something that I had reasons to do. I could have cleared this with security. Death to other players is always gonna happen, maybe i just became a pawn in the traitors hands. He could have still been cloned, the round wasn't over for him yet. I've had times when i was mind broken for no reason, and nothing was done about it, but when i have a case to back what I did, I get banned in the middle of a shift.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #68311

I ended your round because you made a poor decision to end someone else's under false assumptions. If the situation had something at all to do with me, I wouldn't be the one handling the ban.

Player death is an inevitability, and one of the perks of being an antagonist. Not validseeking bartenders.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #68315

Appeal denied.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?