serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

[Vekter] serxule - idk ban appeal discussion or smth

Post by serxule » #691077

BYOND account: serxule
Character name: Slithers-In-Tunnels
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Continues to have issues with anger and exploding in both IC and deadchat, including calling people shitters, screaming about breaking the rules, and telling players to kill themselves. Myself and two of the headmins agree the server would be a healthier place without you at this time. You may appeal to discuss terms of this being lifted in the future.
Time ban was placed: 023-06-22 17:52:46
Server you were playing on when banned: sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 208874
Your side of the story: not a specific round incident, but a specific person has consistently round after round gone out of there way to specifically target me whether they're an antag or not, as of such i am generally very angry about it and generally say "kill yourself" or something along those lines to said player (or about said player in dchat) whenever said player kills me. (there has been 1 incident where it wasnt said player i was mad at but was infact just a non-antag griefer who is banned)
Why you think you should be unbanned: while i was saying nasty things, i do agree, i dont think im necessarily at fault here as im not the one creating the problem, while i could handle it better yes i agree with that, not saying it isnt a problem or that its fine, but i shouldnt have to be dealing with a specific person targetting me round after round and going out of there way to rr or otherwise ruin my round, especially since said person is a known shitter (i've had multiple people agree with me on that), from now on i'll be ahelping it anytime something happens instead of just talking shit in dchat or w/e, since thatll actually help and not cause problems for me. (also im not entirely sure what the "screaming about breaking rules" is about, unless its referring to said round with the griefer)
References of good conduct: i dont really play anywhere
Anything else we should know: if you check the rounds where i have an outburst, chances are it was the specific person (vekter knows who im talking about) who caused it, afaik (i have awful memory mind you) majority of the time i do not complain or get mad about dying other than saying the basic shit like "pussy" "coward" or whatever normal insults/swears you want
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] serxule - idk ban appeal discussion or smth

Post by Vekter » #691078

Hey, thanks for appealing.

I appreciate you not contesting the validity of the concern in general because I really don't have time to sit down and paste out the logs at the moment, but I do have them prepared if need be.

I take some very specific issue with this line from your appeal:
while i was saying nasty things, i do agree, i dont think im necessarily at fault here as im not the one creating the problem
This is why I'm not lifting the ban. Regardless of the actions anyone in-game takes against you, you are the one responsible for how you react to them. If you feel that the person in question is breaking the rules, you adminhelp and let us address the issue. If you don't feel that they are, you are (of course) permitted to be upset. Maybe say a few things in deadchat about it. There's nothing wrong with a little malding in deadchat.

What you don't do is consistently go off on 8-9 line tirades about how the person is a (homophobic slur), a shitter, and should kill themselves. An instance or two of this would be acceptable, but the sheer volume of times that it's happened and the fact that I can go back to three separate instances in the last five days shows a pattern.

The content of your rants isn't the issue, it's the fact that they happen consistently after we have asked you to stop them. You are responsible for your behavior. No one else. As for the person who's supposedly causing you to have these outbursts? We are watching them and, if we find any wrongdoing, it'll be addressed. But all of this? Your constant outburst and seeming inability to control yourself from insulting and demeaning other players for the minor inconvenience of beating you at a video game? That's all you, baby.

I rarely get personal in these appeals because I don't think there's any merit to it, but I will allow myself the indulgence this one time. Personally?

Code: Select all

10:35:30	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) "you already have combat gloves"	(102, 174, 3)	Brig
10:35:33	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) "why steal mine"	(102, 175, 3)	Brig
10:35:42	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) "yeah they're from a portal"	(106, 175, 3)	Brig
10:35:45	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) "why steal them"	(110, 176, 4)	Brig Overlook
10:36:01	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) "the portals literally drop it"	(133, 180, 4)	Labor Shuttle Dock
10:36:17	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) "kill yourself"	(133, 176, 4)	Labor Shuttle Dock
10:36:22	EMOTE	Serxule/(Taro) seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless...	(133, 176, 4)	Labor Shuttle Dock
10:36:28	GAME	Serxule/(Taro) has opted to do-not-resuscitate / DNR from their body (Taro)	(133, 178, 4)	Labor Shuttle Dock
10:36:37	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) (DEAD) "fucking shit eater"	(128, 178, 4)	Interrogation Room
10:36:44	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) (DEAD) "i shouldve fucking killed him instantly"	(119, 178, 4)	Fore Maintenance
10:37:15	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) (DEAD) "im actually fucking metagrudging axle from now on"	(109, 178, 4)	Brig Overlook
10:37:22	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) (DEAD) "killing him fucking roundstart anytime im an antag"	(109, 178, 4)	Brig Overlook
10:38:07	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) (DEAD) "he should be fucking banned"	(111, 177, 4)	Head of Security's Office
10:39:51	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) (DEAD) "let me get midround so i can instantly kill him"	(118, 135, 4)	Bridge
I don't want someone like this on our servers. You can be better than this.

As for terms of lifting, I want you to go play elsewhere for a while and come back in, say, three months. If you can go that long without getting any notes for similar behavior, we can discuss having you unbanned here.
Last edited by Vekter on Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
serxule

Post by serxule » #691082

Vekter wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:24 pm Hey, thanks for appealing.

I appreciate you not contesting the validity of the concern in general because I really don't have time to sit down and paste out the logs at the moment, but I do have them prepared if need be.

I take some very specific issue with this line from your appeal:
while i was saying nasty things, i do agree, i dont think im necessarily at fault here as im not the one creating the problem
This is why I'm not lifting the ban. Regardless of the actions anyone in-game takes against you, you are the one responsible for how you react to them. If you feel that the person in question is breaking the rules, you adminhelp and let us address the issue. If you don't feel that they are, you are (of course) permitted to be upset. Maybe say a few things in deadchat about it. There's nothing wrong with a little malding in deadchat.
i specified what i meant after that sentence "while i could handle it better yes i agree with that, not saying it isnt a problem or that its fine"
Vekter wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:24 pm

Code: Select all

10:40:36	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) (DEAD) "im the one who can murderbone with only carp and no stuns or stims during 80 pop"	(140, 133, 4)	Atrium
10:41:50	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) (DEAD) "the only reason why im so good is because i played the game competitively for like a year"	(146, 122, 4)	Medbay Lobby
10:42:02	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) (DEAD) "trying as hard as i could to get better at combat and be proficient at 90% of the jobs"	(146, 122, 4)	Medbay Lobby
10:42:14	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) (DEAD) "which is why i constantly burnout from the game and stop playing for a few months"	(146, 122, 4)	Medbay Lobby
10:42:26	SAY	Serxule/(Taro) (DEAD) "because i achieved my goal"	(137, 131, 4)	Starboard Primary Hallway
these quoted logs were completely unrelated to what even happened that round and was taken out of context when talking with other players in dchat, its me saying how i USED to play ss13 well over a year ago, possible 2 or more, with the carp murderbone im referring to being likely equally old, i no longer play like that and havent for a long time, also, to talk about the "im going to metagrudge him" i genuinely havent, i dont know why i havent, but i just have the inability to intentionally ruin other peoples time unless they have done something recently that round to deserve it, said person im referring to though has absolutely been metagrudging, and while its probably more of a peanut than anything (i didnt get to properly ahelp it), while i was talking with vekter in an ahelp ingame, said person came in, stunned and sleepy penned me, fullstripped me, slit my throat, and then locker stuffed me, just for the supply budget card to do a secondary progtot obj, if that isnt proof then i dont know what is.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #691083

serxule wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:40 pm i specified what i meant after that sentence "while i could handle it better yes i agree with that, not saying it isnt a problem or that its fine"
You could not have possibly handled the issue any worse.
serxule wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:40 pm these quoted logs were completely unrelated to what even happened that round and was taken out of context when talking with other players in dchat, its me saying how i USED to play ss13 well over a year ago, possible 2 or more, with the carp murderbone im referring to being likely equally old, i no longer play like that and havent for a long time, also, to talk about the "im going to metagrudge him" i genuinely havent, i dont know why i havent, but i just have the inability to intentionally ruin other peoples time unless they have done something recently that round to deserve it
You are correct, I have removed those logs from my post and left the relevant ones.
serxule wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:40 pm said person im referring to though has absolutely been metagrudging, and while its probably more of a peanut than anything (i didnt get to properly ahelp it), while i was talking with vekter in an ahelp ingame, said person came in, stunned and sleepy penned me, fullstripped me, slit my throat, and then locker stuffed me, just for the supply budget card to do a secondary progtot obj, if that isnt proof then i dont know what is.
I don't care. Like, I'm not saying that in the sense of "I don't care if someone's being mean to you or breaking the rules", but in that it has literally zero relevancy here. Someone could walk up to you as a non-antag, chainsaw your head off, deep-fry and eat it for literally no reason and it still wouldn't warrant this level of reaction.

That person's actions have zero relevance to your own. If he was breaking the rules to intentionally grief or metagrudge you, then I would show lenience in the situation because you were clearly being wronged, but that's not the case. It is questionable as to whether or not stuffing your body in a locker is valid given that it could be constituted as round removal, but it also could be justified by saying that you would be likely to come back after him if you were revived and kill him.

The main issues here are your individual behavior and your refusal to take ownership and responsibility for your actions.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

serxule

Post by serxule » #691086

Vekter wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:49 pm
The main issues here are your individual behavior and your refusal to take ownership and responsibility for your actions.
maybe its because im bad at explaining myself but i feel like i've made it clear that i acknowledge and take responsibility for my actions, im not saying anyone else made me say it, or that its anyone elses fault, i know that i said it and its my responsibility for controlling my reaction, what im saying though, is that nothing should be inciting that type of reaction, which maybe that contradicts itself, i dont know, but its what i mean, it seems clear to me that im taking responsibility but still specifying the reaction shouldnt be happening in the first place, maybe its just because i have mental issues or w/e which is also what even causes most of the problems in the first place but thats unrelated
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #691088

serxule wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:58 pm
Vekter wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:49 pm
maybe its because im bad at explaining myself but i feel like i've made it clear that i acknowledge and take responsibility for my actions, im not saying anyone else made me say it, or that its anyone elses fault, i know that i said it and its my responsibility for controlling my reaction, what im saying though, is that nothing should be inciting that type of reaction, which maybe that contradicts itself, i dont know, but its what i mean, it seems clear to me that im taking responsibility but still specifying the reaction shouldnt be happening in the first place, maybe its just because i have mental issues or w/e which is also what even causes most of the problems in the first place but thats unrelated
I do not consider a statement such as "I am not the one creating the problem" to be something you'd say if you're taking responsibility for your actions.

Please go play on another server (preferably Bee) for a few months and come back. I do believe you can do better as a player and a person and want you to be able to play here, but I can't run the risk that this continues.
Spoiler:

serxule

Post by serxule » #691089

im perma'd from bee (from around 3 years ago now for copypasta) and like many people, dont want to play there to begin with due to the admins being universally bad

chances are im likely just going to stop playing for a while again, or just entirely stop playing for good now if the only way i can appeal is by playing on another server
serxule

Post by serxule » #691090

hell maybe i'll come back after i get mental help whenever the fuck that happens, anyways i probably have nothing else to say
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #691091

serxule wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:07 pm im perma'd from bee (from around 3 years ago now for copypasta) and like many people, dont want to play there to begin with due to the admins being universally bad

chances are im likely just going to stop playing for a while again, or just entirely stop playing for good now if the only way i can appeal is by playing on another server
Then the only other choice I could give you would be to come back next term and see if the headmins want to reverse this, otherwise I'm not willing to lift this.
Spoiler:

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #692485

That's really the up-and-down of it. Headmins were already talked to before placing this ban. Since Vekter has given you the opportunity to come back next headmin term and roll the dice with them, the re-appeal timer will be set to any time after handover when the Autumn '23-Spring '24 term are in power.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin