Appeals which have been closed.
flashdavy

[host] flashdavy - I should be given another shot. This is y

Post by flashdavy » #76771

[fayrik] flashdavy - I should be given another shot. This is y

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Flashdavy & unknown
Banning admin: fayrik
Ban type (What are you banned from?): banned from the server.
Ban reason and length: Joined as HoS, lasered someone to death and promptly logged out when asked why.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-02-09 22:47:43 EST?
Your side of the story: I entered as the HoS and lasered someone to death. That person was a lizard scum who I had just seen runnign amok inside the bridge. Said person, whose name I cannot remember, deserved to die because of the unruly state of the station at the time, the lack of other security on the station, and the fact that this person and his/her accomplices were actively breaking people out of the brig. Justice is a tough thing when it happens to a friend of an Admin, as im sure he was. His immediate complaint to the admin can only be considered proof of the fact that he thought he was above justice. sometimes people get killed when they are dicking around in the bridge, messing with the captain and other officers. So i went and got my lazer, and i killed him. i wasnt dicking around with the laser, as he might have thought. i was here to elite his ass back to the lizard netherworld, becaue I don't stand for that bullshit. And the admin came to bug me about this ridiculously justified killing, and i'm like "oh no you dont. I aint having some federal case about this mofo that needed to die." You all can't get all pissy everytime someone gets killed. if i was the cheif med officer and I did that, fine, then i would understand making this a big "To Do." i was security. shit was messy. What else can I say that I didnt know what else to do but to cap some asses and restore justice. its not like a spaced the guy. you can bet his buddies were right there to clone his ass back to life, but im sure he was jsut bitter czu the round was about to end, due to the severity of the shitstorm that the station was in at the time.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I should be unbanned cuz i was jsut doing my job as i saw fit. So waht if i had a bit ofa trigger finger. Shit was hitting the fan, and you can bet that this person that got killed deserved it, and that said person would have continued running amok. In conclusion, unban me. I am awesome at the jobs. I kill only when necessary. I will never be HoS again. I dont even wanna be HoS. or security. ill be janitor again. Just unban me so I can prove to you that when it comes to me, and my behavior, justice always prevails.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [host] flashdavy - I should be given another shot. This

Post by Saegrimr » #76773

flashdavy wrote:Justice is a tough thing when it happens to a friend of an Admin, as im sure he was. His immediate complaint to the admin can only be considered proof of the fact that he thought he was above justice. sometimes people get killed when they are dicking around in the bridge, messing with the captain and other officers. So i went and got my lazer, and i killed him. i wasnt dicking around with the laser, as he might have thought. i was here to elite his ass back to the lizard netherworld, becaue I don't stand for that bullshit. And the admin came to bug me about this ridiculously justified killing, and i'm like "oh no you dont. I aint having some federal case about this mofo that needed to die." You all can't get all pissy everytime someone gets killed.
If you can't drop the attitude and think anybody is going to take your appeal seriously, you should start looking for another server. Especially if you're going to start accusing the admin you're appealing to of shady shit.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
flashdavy

Post by flashdavy » #76793

Oh come on dude. Give me a break over here. You need to take a chill pill and just unban me cuz I am good for the server. this whole high and mighty admin atitude is the real atitude that needs to be eradicated from this server. You don't want to unban me cuz of my ornery unban request... fine, but that doesnt change the facts of what happened. I never deserved to get banned in the first place. The true quick-trigger-puller in this whole situation is the original complainant who has to go and complain to the admins every time they are dicking around and have to pay consequences for their bullshit.
Fayrik
Byond Username: Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #76795

flashdavy wrote:Justice is a tough thing when it happens to a friend of an Admin, as im sure he was.
Here are some fun, Justice related facts about that round:
  • I had never spoken to the player until that Adminhelp was filed.
  • [22:30:48]ADMIN: Fayrik/(Cries-Wolf) modified toy sword's name to JUSTICE
Ironically, the sword, JUSTICE, is somewhat relevant, as the majority of attacks that Absorbs-the-Captain had made that round were with JUSTICE. And hitting someone with a toy sword isn't a heinous crime.
(For the record, JUSTICE was in fact created for the Lawyer, but changed hands many time that round.)

Now we cut to the real chase.
[22:42:34]ADMIN: PM: [REDACTED]/(Absorbs-the-Captain)->Fayrik/(Cries-Wolf): For background, I'd just spent the last few minutes helping English take someone into custody. If they're not antag and they try to say I provoked it, I didn't.
[22:38:52]ATTACK: Absorbs-the-Captain([REDACTED]) equipped English Buttersworth(flashdavy) with the energy gun
[22:38:55]ATTACK: Absorbs-the-Captain([REDACTED]) shaked English Buttersworth(flashdavy)
[22:39:50]ATTACK: Absorbs-the-Captain([REDACTED]) equipped Feels Goodman([REDACTED]) with the orange shoes
[22:40:11]ATTACK: English Buttersworth(flashdavy) shot Absorbs-the-Captain([REDACTED]) with The laser
[10 repeat attacks pruned]
[22:40:17]ATTACK: English Buttersworth(flashdavy) shot Absorbs-the-Captain([REDACTED]) with The laser
So, if this was totally justified, all I need you to answer is, what happened in those 80 seconds between you receiving that gun, to...
flashdavy wrote:Said person[...]deserved to die because of the unruly state of the station at the time
flashdavy

Post by flashdavy » #76797

untrue! he was not helping me bring someonee into custody. that is total rubbish. The only interactions i had with "Absorbs the captain" was viewing him mucking about in the bridge, with people dieing all over the place, to seeing him breaking people out of the jail a few minutes later.

in those 80 seconds, justice was being prepared. maybe im not hte best at the game, but i had to do waht needed t obe done.

and tell me, how am I suppoed to know he is using a toy energy sword when people are dieing and getting killed all over the place in his viscinity??? Am i supposed to just assume the guy wit hteh sword had nothing to do with it????
flashdavy

Post by flashdavy » #76798

The text replay is only going to tell you so much about the context of what happened. I don't really remember the exact wording and chain of events, but I do know that he earned it. whatever happened, he earned it.
Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #76800

Okay, so let me explain what that log shows then.
His last interaction with you was to give you a gun. You then used that gun to shoot him to death.
He didn't shoot you. You didn't take it from him. He gave it to you.
So, unless you can either explain why you did that (or acknowledge that you were in the wrong for doing that), then the ban is going to stay.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #76801

flashdavy wrote:untrue! he was not helping me bring someonee into custody. that is total rubbish.
Then what was he doing putting orange shoes, which are commonly found in brig cells and placed onto prisoners feet, onto Feels Goodman?
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
flashdavy

Post by flashdavy » #76803

I can't account for his actions after he had been marked for death by the situation at hand. In his desperation to "Blend in" and resume his disguise of innocence and helpfulness he may have tried to give me back the gun which was dropped from my person by him! his actions and the situation on the ship at the time led to me, the HoS, being releived of his weapon. Also! If i remember correctly, he was putting the shoes on one of his henchmen, because he had been injured, and stripped naked and wahtnot. and of course the guy needed shoes if they were gonna bring him back to their lair, without anyone thinking twice about it. And besides, the last 2 minutes of the interaction are not what we are talking about here. we should be talking about his actions in the bridge. that is the true source of this whole issue. his obvious guilt and my subsequent actions done in the name of justice shouldnt even be being questioned, which is why I left in a huff and didnt explain myself on that day in question! The audacity of that lizard to go an complain to Admins about somethign that was totallly preventable, totally not my fault, and totally his fault. This is a federal case about a carrier out of the justice getting trampled over by an over ambitious regulatory regime!!!!
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #76910

Do you, even for a moment, expect any admin person to take this thread seriously when you go on like that?

Either you don't really want to get unbanned, in which case this is a total waste of your time, or you actually would like another shot, and should consider things like the way you're coming across in your arguments.
RIP
Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #76926

After taking some time to deliberate this situation a little, I've realised that this ban is only in place because you logged out when I PMed you.
It was a pretty silly thing to do, and if we can come to an agreement on this then I can move on to reducing this ban.
flashdavy

Post by flashdavy » #76951

yes. i agree. i shoulda stayed and talked about it. I regret not explaining myself to you. See. that is a good Admin atitude. I appreciate the extra effort you have put into this case! A true purveyor of justice!!!
Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #76997

Okay then, what I'm going to do right now is, I'm going to lift the permaban, but keep a security ban in place for now.
This way we're getting you back into the game one step at a time, and we can go over the security ban whenever you're ready.

For now though, I'm going to leave this topic open for anything else that needs to be said, and I'll lock it up at some point tomorrow.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #77011

I'm trying not to cross host/headmin duties. I've deputized some headmins, we're holding emergency elections this weekend in adminbus to elect deputy headmins everyone can be happy with.

For the moment, rather than appealing to me you should be appealing to the headmins to give this a second look.

For the moment that is HBL (who has posted above) and MrStonedOne.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
flashdavy

Post by flashdavy » #77071

Excellent! You wont regret this!
Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #77074

Huzzah, yet another successful ban appeal.