[Ausops] NoTipPizzaBoy / Metacomms

Appeals which have been closed.
pizzaboynotip
Byond Username: NoTipPizzaBoy

[Ausops] NoTipPizzaBoy / Metacomms

Post by pizzaboynotip » #90877

Post Content: Hey, was banned last night by Ausops for metacomms, was playing with an outside friend and acting in a way that made it clear I had "OOCly" knowledge. I fully understand that what had occurred was wrong now, I took not having an antag role as an excuse to be a little lenient, no one was griefed in any major ways but running around robotics being a dick wasn''t cool. I understand what happened, I understand how to correct the problem, and would like another shot at TGStation13, aside from a few minor hiccups here and there I'd been a relatively decent player up until this major infraction. I apologize and furthermore can assure that no further actions breaching the rules will occur.

Byond account and character name: NoTipPizzaBoy / Jet Spike (Character I was playing as during the incident) / Harley Taggart (My other character that I primarily play as)

Banning admin: Ausops

Ban type (What are you banned from?): The game

Ban reason and length: Metacomms / Forever

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-05-26 00:04:09

Your side of the story: I was completely wrong here, I'm also Idling in our IRC Banbus channel if any further information is needed from me.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Misunderstanding of how serious metacomms are, I don't want to be permabanned from my favorite server, and am certainly now very much aware of the serious nature of my offense.
Last edited by peoplearestrange on Thu May 28, 2015 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title edit
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: NoTipPizzaBoy / Metacomms

Post by Vekter » #90882

1) We don't use #banbus anymore, join #supportbus.

2) Ausops told you to wait a week.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #90890

I appreciate your earnest approach to this appeal but give it a week, mainly because this wasn't the first time you two were observed communicating out of game. My trialmin period expires well, yesterday afaik, so I'll get an admin to look over this at that time if I can't. In the meantime, it may be worth keeping in mind that of the metacomm bans that I've seen, one player usually stays permabanned (or just banned for longer??) while the other is unbanned on some sort of probation, so may want to talk to your friend about that or direct him to this thread.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
pizzaboynotip

Post by pizzaboynotip » #90896

Based on the discussion in #SupportBus, I've been told that only one person usually gets unbanned in a weeks time, with the other taking months. Discussed it with Ausops and would like the leniency to be given to the other party, they're not the best at typing and all and I've been given permission to appeal on their behalf:

ByondID: WaitHoldUp
Char name: Nimbe Bimbe
Banning Admin: AusOps
Ban type (What are you banned from?): The game

Ban reason and length: Metacomms / Forever

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-05-26 00:04:09

Your side of the story: Guy is new to Byond/SS13 and was just following my lead
Why you think you should be unbanned: NoTipPizzaBoy (myself) was the party at most fault in this incident, due to having more knowledge of the game systems and such then the other party (WaitHoldUp)
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #90898

I'll take your appeal for Waitholdup into consideration and pass on any relevant information to other admins if needed. It would be preferable if your friend could come in here at the end of the week and acknowledge what's happened as well, if only so we know he's also fully aware of policy on metacomms.
pizzaboynotip

Post by pizzaboynotip » #90899

Thanks! I'll try to get him all set up on here so he can make an appearance himself. Thanks for your time!
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #91017

If Ausops isn't promoted yeah, right I'll take this one over.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
pizzaboynotip

Post by pizzaboynotip » #91776

imblyings wrote:I'll take your appeal for Waitholdup into consideration and pass on any relevant information to other admins if needed. It would be preferable if your friend could come in here at the end of the week and acknowledge what's happened as well, if only so we know he's also fully aware of policy on metacomms.

Hey guys! NoTip here, my friend actually isn't interested in registering or pursuing SS13, so I rescind my earlier request and would like to submit myself for any leniency that may potentially be granted here, thanks for your consideration!

highlander.jpg
highlander.jpg (54.54 KiB) Viewed 2411 times
imblyings

Re: [Ausops] NoTipPizzaBoy / Metacomms

Post by imblyings » #92349

Unbanned, please be very careful about the metacomms policies etc.