Ban Appeal - Trenton Hujsak

Post by itstheoctopus » #97636

Name - Trenton Hujsak
Banning Admin - Laharlmontgommery
Ban Type - full ban
Reason - Killing the clown
Time - 2015-6-20 at 8:58:06
My side of the story:
I was doing my assistant fuckery to blow off steam after a particularly annoying shadowling round. I was mostly going around building things because I had just come back to the game after a several month long hiatus, and more or less forgot most of the game. Eventually, I went with the mime to go re-enact mad max because he had a guitar and I had a flamethrower, but then the mime took me into maint and killed me while the clown was setting what I thought was a power sink or something. After a brief death before being revived by an atmosian who happened by, I decided to stop the clown and mime because I assumed they were in cahoots, and I did not want to let them bomb the shuttle or something. I killed the mime and as I was looking for the clown I had noticed he broke into EVA. I went in and lit him on fire when his backpack exploded, killing both of us. In my defense he DID have a bomb and was a threat, but he got upset at that. The reason I did not reply to the admin was because while I was putzing around in dead chat, my cat knocked over a quart of milk, and I closed out of byond to take care of that mess. When I tried to log on earlier this morning, it appeared that I was permabanned.
I think I should be unbanned (or at the very least not permabanned) because ultimately it was not unreasonable to think the clown was antag because he and the mime were both there for my killing, and he did have a bomb in has backpack/ was breaking into EVA/ I saw him with a powersink. I did not call sec because they were being completely incompetent, as they often (almost always) are.
itstheoctopus

Re: Ban Appeal - Trenton Hujsak

Post by itstheoctopus » #97638

I also wanted to mention that I don't exactly have a long history of being a shitler. I think I was banned for a day when I first started and didn't get the rules, but altogether I've never really been a griffin.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #97644

This sounds like one of those "go explain yourself on the forums" perma, not a real one.

And unless your story has something missing to it you shouldn't have been banned in the first place. If Laharl doesn't respond by this evening I'll check logs and lift it
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #97647

I can understand thinking the clown was in cahoot with the mime, considering your situation, but here's another train of thought :

What if the clown didn't want to get involved? And consider you need tools to remove a power sink. He stayed probably to act as a witness, alerting security of your situation. Maybe that's how you got found out so fast? But I understand your train of thought - just don't jump to conclusions too fast. I also do not remember the clown being an antag, just so you know.

Eitheir way, I only perma'd you so you could come over to explain yourself. I'll also change your note, I'd say there was enough doubts for you to assume the clown was antag.

EDIT : You're unbanned.
hanshansenhansson
Byond Username: HansDampf

Post by hanshansenhansson » #97653

Clown here. My side of the story:

I join the game, grab a toolbox from the storage, wander the hallways. This guy attacks me, pushes me down and steals my toolbox. I ignored it and walked away, did not feel like getting involved in the usual greytide fighting crap.

Managed to get myself access, was about to set up my ID console in the theatre when I saw Mime dragging this guy through the theatre into maint. With what happend earlier in mind, I did not care and did not get involved and kept building my console. I heard gun shots, peeked, saw Mime planting a syndicate bomb on this guys corpse and run off. I go and defuse the bomb, remove the payload and leg it. I then go grab the dummy payload from security, put it in the syndicate bomb and run into a singularity, were I lose it. Went then to EVA to grab a suite, because singularity just ate half the station. This guy comes, flamethrowers me and sets of the charge in my backpack, boom.

And no point in time did I take any hostile action against this guy, despite him attacking me earlier as well. I did not throw myself into the Mime's revolver to save him, but that does not mean I am in "cahoots" with him. There was no doubt anywhere in my opinion.
itstheoctopus

Post by itstheoctopus » #97678

I'm sorry about the toolbox. I legitimately thought that was my toolbox. If you remember, when I found mine I gave yours back. Also thanks for letting me back on guys.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #97957

Resolved. Player was unbanned.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box