[Atlantaned] HollaHollaFoADolla - Note appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: [Atlantaned] HollaHollaFoADolla - Note appeal

Post by feem » #341368

Bottom post of the previous page:

I think at this point most of the arguments which are relevant to a note appeal about an Asimov cyborg building an emitter/reflector death fence in the unbolted, unlocked side room of the metastation bar have been made, the note has been updated by an admin, and we should wait for a headmin or the original poster to respond with additional direction.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #341376

iamgoofball wrote:He wasn't forced to walk in.
He literally was you fucking illiterate. He got pushed by someone.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #341388

If the borg made the contraption in the bar backroom on meta that's sufficient consideration for asimov laws when making a dangerous autism project. Same deal with electrified rage cages in the box bar. Yes it's dangerous if someone walks into it but it's separate enough from major public passage ways where you could reasonably say the intent was to make something to specifically cause harm or griff instead of be a project. Bars are also traditionally common places for autism projects to take place anyway, they're usually empty spaces that still see enough traffic to make building it lively.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #341389

imblyings wrote:If the borg made the contraption in the bar backroom on meta that's sufficient consideration for asimov laws when making a dangerous autism project. Same deal with electrified rage cages in the box bar. Yes it's dangerous if someone walks into it but it's separate enough from major public passage ways where you could reasonably say the intent was to make something to specifically cause harm or griff instead of be a project. Bars are also traditionally common places for autism projects to take place anyway, they're usually empty spaces that still see enough traffic to make building it lively.
Does this mean the note can be removed since there was no ill intent and there was reasonable out of the way location for this contraption?
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #341391

the only reservation I have is in the back of my mind I have a feeling what I said can be loopholed by some cunt but yes the note can be removed
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #341394

I deleted it because I've been outranked but I think this is a mistake and a slippery slope in allowing people to appeal notes where they did the thing despite the policy explicitly saying you should only appeal when the note is factually incorrect or misleading.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #341395

The argument is not that they did the thing, it is that the thing they did should not be discouraged by ooc means and was not a transgression
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #341400

Wyzack wrote:The argument is not that they did the thing, it is that the thing they did should not be discouraged by ooc means and was not a transgression
You should not make a dangerous meme area without proper safeties as an asimov borg.

It should be discouraged on a very specific level of being an asimov borg. trying to pass this as "omg what I can't make rage cages anymore?!!" is wrong.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #341403

You're being overly strict and binding yourself to the rules

The rules are there to make the game fun for everyone, admins should feel free to discard or ignore the rules where they feel it will allow people to have more fun

If a borg want's to build a rage cage in the station so everyone can enjoy it, I think we should ignore the fact they're in violation of their laws technically

as long as they're not actively throwing people into it you should be happy to see that kind of thing, as it's the kind of interactions that bring people back into the game time and time again.

Honestly you should have just grabbed gouty out one tile and revived them with an admin heal or subtle messaged someone from medbay to come and collect them.

That's the kind of Dungeon Master type enforcement that can make a round great.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #341407

the original note was accurate enough but making a note more accurate does not necessarily make it good or needed

also what oranges said
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #341453

Perhaps we should look into why someone prefers to do it as a borg instead of human and help expand that so situations like these don't arise in the future because I'm all for opting out of rules for the sake of people having fun but i also think the whole fun/gimmick regarding silicons is the binding nature of laws. If you want to create highly-dangerous ragecages as a borg you should only do it when not bound to the laws that are hugbox in spirit imo.
imblyings wrote:the original note was accurate enough but making a note more accurate does not necessarily make it good or needed

also what oranges said
It was to appease the OP because I still firmly believe [and current policy dictates] that notes are not to be removed when no error was made on the admin's end [and no I don't think being baby saeg is exactly in error]. If similar threads arise and headmins keep entertaining them I really think the policy should be edited to acknowledge this.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #342131

why someone prefers to do it as a borg instead of human
As a frequent engi borg player I can safely say it's because I have a full built-in toolkit with free metal, glass, and an RCD (which I can use infinitely only limited by cell charge), I am immune to radiation, lack of air, toxins, space wind, nograv, and slowdown, and all my tools work at double speed.

Building is much, MUCH easier as a borg unless you're lateround with a full belt of power tools, a hand tele, and a red slimed CE hardsuit with a heal virus
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #342134

Also rage cages don't typically lead to asimov harm as the act of going into one expecting a fight would be covered under the Consent to Harm (same as asking a borg for surgery or doing suicidal actions) loophole that silicons can safely ignore.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #342137

Yakumo_Chen wrote:Also rage cages don't typically lead to asimov harm as the act of going into one expecting a fight would be covered under the Consent to Harm (same as asking a borg for surgery or doing suicidal actions) loophole that silicons can safely ignore.
That's IF you say window it off or something.

However this note is deleted and I don't think anyone, myself included, feels like arguing over this anymore.