Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

[cedarbridge] basilman [so lets just move it to an appeal]

Post by bman » #292017

apparently this couldnt be discussed in depth cause roundend so here it is

Byond account and character name: Basilman - Goose Mcswan
Banning admin: Cedarbridge
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server Dayban
Ban reason and length: "Spaced a Solo Sec Officer after participating in an armory raid"
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 03:36:43 est i guess
Server you were playing when banned Sybil
Your side of the story:

The beginnings:

It was a lowpop sybil round, all going clear, when suddenly "Klara Ellstrom" drops in as a security officer. Klara stuns me randomly and drags me around for no real reason, and the whole round Tim Ebow was being arrested/chased for no discernible reason (I free'd him, asked him what he did wrong and he replied "Shitcurity"), but I could be wrong on Tim. and in general they fuck with tiders and me.

Klara is captured but she's not:

I tell Jonathan Talist "We must bring down Klara", Jonathan went ahead and broke into the armory, I followed him in and grabbed some guns (Cedar tells me that this is raiding, but with an armory wide open like that I believe that if you could classify that as a raid then anyone who took anything from armory should also be held accountable). After that, we successfully captured Klara who also managed to escape multiple times (KLARA IS AT LARGE (again) in the logs).

Johnathan goes off and kidnaps Klara and probably strips and rapes her or something, I'm somewhere else meanwhile.

Klara is captured for real this time but she's not:

I'm done with Klara but suddenly someone disguised tries to tase us out of nowhere, turns out it was Klara yet again and I was certain she wanted to kill both of us, when Jon restrains her she screams her heard off that both of us are rogue on comms, Jonathan cuffs her and puts her on display in front of bridge and she shortly escaped.

The second time around, I just disable/disposals dump her and another guy shaves her hair. Tim Ebow takes a picture of me standing next to a naked bald Klara so he can blackmail me on the news reports later.

Klara is captured actually truly for real no strings attached this time but she's not:

Jonathan tells me has an idea and makes a break for disposals, I walked in to find Klara captured in an interesting mechanism, which was quite funny in my opinion, Talist had dressed her in the Jabroni Suit and a fedora wew

Two guys, the mime and someone in cap's gear flew in the disposals space window, and Klara screamed at them to kill us immediately, while the mime was standing in front of the chute I launched Klara so she collides with him, Klara was at high health so she easily ran into arrivals again and escapes yet again.
The End:

I walk to escape and lo and behold it's also Klara, and free, I pursue her but she apparently was free and tried to disarm me, I shot her down and disposed of the body in space, this is I regret.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe it was a case of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes", my regret is that I was far too excessive than I should've been, and I understand that now.

This is only my appeal and my experiences with Klara, as such keep in mind that they may differ from person to person.

may have missed some stuff since reasons

edit: just to be sure ill lay the escalation out for you guys.

klara fucks with greys randomly > greys kidnap klara >klara comes back with almost certain murderous intent, this is confirmed when she screams for others to kill us >captured again and escapes on and off > klara is killed.
bman
Github User

Re: [cedarbridge] basilman [so lets just move it to an appe

Post by bman » #292324

Also even if the ban sticks I request that the wording of the note be changed, as it is right now it's pretty misleading and if someone read it without context they'd think I raided armory then randomly spaced an officer.
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #292420

I have to agree with Cedar on this ban.

I play Tim Ebow and I was honestly shocked to see that neither you or Deitus were antags at end. In fact the only reason I didn't intervene while I was playing was the sole reason I thought you might actually be bad guys and I didn't want to get killed. There was honestly no reason to ever have it escalate this far, especially against the lone security officer, nor was getting tazed a reasonable excuse to raid the armory and cause havoc.

This got way out of control for so something so minor, Just cool your jets man.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #292427

Durkel wrote:I have to agree with Cedar on this ban.

I play Tim Ebow and I was honestly shocked to see that neither you or Deitus were antags at end. In fact the only reason I didn't intervene while I was playing was the sole reason I thought you might actually be bad guys and I didn't want to get killed. There was honestly no reason to ever have it escalate this far, especially against the lone security officer, nor was getting tazed a reasonable excuse to raid the armory and cause havoc.

This got way out of control for so something so minor, Just cool your jets man.
I agree that I was excessive.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #292456

The note itself was rushed but mostly just to get something on the record and the round restarted. We'd already delayed things almost 20 minutes waiting for the 3 max character long ahelps to come through explaining in the most tl:dr way what occurred. I wasn't too worried about the note as written because with both sides now I have full information to properly amend it to be more clear. This I'll be doing now or later, depending on if a headmin would like to intervene.

I stand by my position on the armory. As I explained at the time, walking into an open armory and looting it after somebody else breaks the place open is as much of an armory raid as if you'd personally forced the doors open. Trespass is still trespass even if the AI lets you in and even if you have stolen/inappropriate access. Its still a raid even if a compatriot lets you in to loot the place.

As to the rest I agree with both of you. This was a clear overescalation on your part from something that reasonably shouldn't have happened in the first place and likely wouldn't have happened with another player as the officer in question.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #292483

Should be unbanned but the note should stick and be reworded to something involving escalation rather than a focus on an armory raid.

I like this ban appeal a lot, bman did a really good job showing he understands not only the actual events that transpired down to the order of escalation, but also recognizes where he went wrong and has expressed that he regrets it and likely won't do it again, leading me to believe he shouldn't remain banned for this. The note can stick so that if he didn't actually learn anything he can take a harsher punishment next time.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #292492

Done and we're done here.