Appeals which have been closed.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

[okand37] jaraxxus - note

Post by Kel » #302975

Byond account and character name: jaraxxus kel thuzad

Banning admin: okand37

Ban type (What are you banned from?): just a note

Ban reason and length: Warned - Warned not to just shove people in the brig for ten minutes without first even attempting to hear their story or understand the situation more.
forever technically

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-07-03 20:57:48 whatever timezone the note system uses i dunno

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): basil

Your side of the story: I tried to talk to okand about this back when this note was applied but she never would explain it or actually do any investigating
since okand is gone now and this is just stupid note I doubt anyone actually cares that much but here we go, this note is too vague for me to tell but could technically apply to 2 situations that happened that round

1: I was HoS, and the warden was kind of a overzealous asshole, large brig timers, shaved every prisoner, and always put them in shackles and orange jumpsuits no matter the crime. I was off fighting something (I don't remember what, this was literally a year ago) and the warden had brigged a clown for 10 minutes at the time without telling me or anyone, really. I got bwoinked out of nowhere asking why I have the clown brigged for 10 minutes, I told okand I have no clue what they're talking about and they stopped talking to me I think? Either way I had released the clown later in the round because I recognized the wardens assholery and I wasn't even involved with him in the slightest

Alternately, they were referring to this (which they probably aren't, but I was actually involved in this one): Still the same round, still HoS, chaplain was being a massive shitlord, I believe he was relentlessly trying to give people braindamage with his bible, so I had put him on house arrest. If he left the chapel before 10 minutes (or maybe it was forever? I don't really recall), anyone was allowed to beat him up and throw him back into the chapel by force. I thought it was funny enough to justify his extremely annoying behavior. I doubt the note refers to this because it explicitly is referring to the brig but whatever.

Why you think you should be unbanned: This note annoys the fuck out of me any time I see it because I'm 99% sure I wasn't even involved in the incident okand gave it to me for. I've tried asking about getting the note appealed in casual conversation with admins but to no avail, so I made this post. Above all else, even if I was guilty of this, since when has giving out 10 minute brig sentences for anything been a rule break that warrants a bwoink?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: [okand37] jaraxxus - note

Post by imblyings » #302988

[20:50:25]ADMIN: PM: Okand37/(Verena Knox)->Jaraxxus/(Kel Thuzad): Hey there, got a minute?
[20:50:39]ADMIN: PM: Jaraxxus/(Kel Thuzad)->Okand37/(Verena Knox): whats up
[20:50:51]ADMIN: PM: Okand37/(Verena Knox)->Jaraxxus/(Kel Thuzad): Could you explain what has happened between you and goose?
[20:51:43]ADMIN: PM: Jaraxxus/(Kel Thuzad)->Okand37/(Verena Knox): I walked in on him beating someone up in the chapel so I told him he was house arrested. Everyone who sees him outside of the chapel should beat him up and toss him back in the chapel
[20:52:25]ADMIN: PM: Okand37/(Verena Knox)->Jaraxxus/(Kel Thuzad): Did you clarify his reasoning for beating said person up, and what their name was?
[20:53:32]ADMIN: PM: Jaraxxus/(Kel Thuzad)->Okand37/(Verena Knox): I dont know why he was beating a guy up, but it was an assistant? named alaric
[20:54:08]ADMIN: PM: Okand37/(Verena Knox)->Jaraxxus/(Kel Thuzad): I'd suggest maybe considering talking things out before arresting them, or arresting them then hearing their story. Thanks for clearing that up though.
[20:57:29]ADMIN: PM: Okand37/(Verena Knox)->Jaraxxus/(Kel Thuzad): Judging by the logs and information, it looks like he wasn't trying to beat anyone up, but was being assaulted by alaric at the time. I'd again press on making sure to hear out peoples stories before shoving them somewhere for ten minutes or so.
[20:58:12]ADMIN: Okand37/(Verena Knox) has added a note to jaraxxus: Warned - Warned not to just shove people in the brig for ten minutes without first even attempting to hear their story or understand the situation more.

It was actually the latter ahelp. While we don't expect players to have perfect knowledge of what went on, we do expect players to obtain as much information as reasonably possible to best inform their course of action, especially when it involves the fun of another player. The note can be amended to more accurately reflect what happened but that's about it.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #303007

wait what the fuck

goose as in goose mcswan? if so that's me but i literally dont remember any of this happening, or atleast i do but very vaguely... the name alaric isnt new to me.
edit: yes this has had to be me but did i ahelp kel? i mean i'm fine with it and i've seen that no action needs to be taken if the "other party" is fine with whatever.
edit:
Nilons wrote:Worth mentioning as soon as ausops posted the person appealing immediately took to the discord to complain about the appeal being denied, saying things that would lead me to believe he hadn't even read ausops reply, and then when I explained what ausops was getting at he saw no fault in not asking the chaplain what was going on because "if he recalls correctly" the greyshirt had been the one to call for help and the chaplain had reportedly given someone brain damage. Which doesn't speak well for lessons learned.
mang why are you trying to snitch him for something not that bad. you gotta understand his point of view, someone called for help, he walked into the chapel, he saw me beat the shit out of a guy and put 2 and 2 together.

plenty of HoS' use their own judgement in situations like these where they dont know what exactly happened, why should kel get a note for it?

edit: if i DID ahelp then it has to be after the house arrest part cause that's funny.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #303023

trying to do me dirty nilons?
i only said "darn my note appeal got denied"
and explained my point of view when YOU and someone else asked about it

for lessons learned, this was literally a year ago (did you not read the post yourself?) and i haven't received a single note since despite my semi-regular security play

i obviously dont agree with the note if i tried to appeal it

and i very obviously read what ausops said
The note can be amended to more accurately reflect what happened but that's about it.
is a pretty definitive answer
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #303066

captain sawrge wrote: stop
Sawrge shouldn't be allowed to shitpost in ban appeals.
Kel wrote:trying to do me dirty nilons?
i only said "darn my note appeal got denied"
and explained my point of view when YOU and someone else asked about it

for lessons learned, this was literally a year ago (did you not read the post yourself?) and i haven't received a single note since despite my semi-regular security play

i obviously dont agree with the note if i tried to appeal it

and i very obviously read what ausops said
The note can be amended to more accurately reflect what happened but that's about it.
is a pretty definitive answer
Except for the part where when someone who hadn't read the thread asked what you were appealing you answered saying it was a note just for putting the Chaplain on house arrest and nothing else, meaning you either didn't read ausops post detailing why it wasn't specifically that(but your refusal to listen to the chaplain before just putting him on house arrest wrongfully.) or were trying to garner pity.

And it occurring a year ago doesn't somehow invalidate that it was not the right move, and refusing to acknowledge that it wasn't the right move is what I was commenting on.
bman wrote:wait what the fuck

goose as in goose mcswan? if so that's me but i literally dont remember any of this happening, or atleast i do but very vaguely... the name alaric isnt new to me.
edit: yes this has had to be me but did i ahelp kel? i mean i'm fine with it and i've seen that no action needs to be taken if the "other party" is fine with whatever.
edit:
Nilons wrote:snibbity snib
mang why are you trying to snitch him for something not that bad. you gotta understand his point of view, someone called for help, he walked into the chapel, he saw me beat the shit out of a guy and put 2 and 2 together.

plenty of HoS' use their own judgement in situations like these where they dont know what exactly happened, why should kel get a note for it?

edit: if i DID ahelp then it has to be after the house arrest part cause that's funny.
Has it gotten to the point where trying to point out when someone is being a shitter is snitching? Should I stop ahelping because its snitching? What kind of dumb shit is calling that snitching. "Hey someones breaking the rules" "Lmao stop snitching". Its like you don't even read what you post before you post it. And yeah he walked into the chapel, saw a greyshirt, in the chapel, getting the shit kicked out of him by the chaplain. Why would the chaplain be assaulting everyone who comes inside the chapel and is it not more likely the greyshirt had any part in antagonizing him. Using your own judgement is not the same as refusing to talk to whoever your arresting, which is the point I was getting at. If I played HoS and arrested everyone I saw defending their workplace without bothering to ask them for their side of the story it would not be excusable with the reason "It was just my own judgement".

Edit:
bman wrote:that's a real low fukken move nilons
Bman shouldn't be allowed to shitpost in ban appeals
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #303084

Nilons wrote:opinion discarded.
If he literally just said "Damn my appeal got denied", and then you asked him about it you dug into his matters, then came here like a fucking infant crying about timmy staying up late when he answered, then yeah that's what "snitching" is. It's not that you're screaming your head off, it's that you're screaming your head off to make him look bad when he didn't even do anything bad to warrant this. Don't be such a needless tattletail

man why did you even feel the need to post that shit "HE DID THIS IN DISCORD HE DOESNT CARE ABOUT THE BAN" like the fuck man
Nilons wrote:bman shouldn't be allowed to shitpost in ban appeals
I'm related to the ban dumbass.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #303085

I was going to clean this up but I'm just locking this now. This thread is really horrible with people jumping in and now arguing.

Discord complaining really is hearsay and has little relevance as of now. People complain about decisions made quite often. Actions are what matters and the player here hardly has any notes for quite a lot play to lead to be believe they're not terrible human being as they have not had a note since September of last year.

Additionally, guessing if you're the person involved to post in an appeal isn't kosher. I'd honestly suggest searching through backlogs to support your claim that you're indeed involved.

In any case, the note appeal has been denied, but I believe has been amended by Ausops to better reflect the actual situation.
Freedom
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #303086

Silly me not locking the thread after my reply
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.