[aurochs] spoonypineapple ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
quarkfork

[aurochs] spoonypineapple ban appeal

Post by quarkfork » #314969

Byond account and character name: spoonypineapple /quarkfork?
Banning admin: aurochs
Ban type (What are you banned from?): permaban
Ban reason and length: Permanently banned - multikeying
Time ban was placed (including time zone): last night
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story:

I am writing this (quarkfork) on behalf of my roommate and by extension myself (since now I can't log in either). She doesn't have an account on the forums and doesn't care enough to make an appeal, since she usually plays on Paradise.

The other night I was playing on Basil. My roommate and I play games on the same desktop because her laptop is a relic from 2007 that can barely run Firefox, and I had died about 3 minutes before the round was about to end.

I told my roommate that the round was ending and that I had died, and asked if she wanted to take over while I started dinner. She said sure. So she signs on as a janitor and basically just sits by the shuttle waiting for the round to end. According to her, she got a PM from an admin named Aurochs about 1 minute after joining, who accused her of multikeying. She told him the situation and the admin declared it 'unlikely given your history' and that she would have to provide 'proof'. She asked him to elaborate, and he said she would have to provide it on the ban appeals before permabanning her.

She still does not know what kind of proof he meant, and was really annoyed by the whole treatment. I am as well---and feel very unwelcome here.

I can understand if she did something that involved metacommunication or assisting me in any way but she just. sat there. at the shuttle.

What the heck would I have to gain by multikeying 2-3 minutes before the shuttle came? seriously... If I had known an admin would react that way I would have told her to play on another server. I figured the round would either be over by the time she signed in, or it would be close enough that it wouldn't be a big deal. Guess I was wrong--unbelievable.

Needless to say I'm very upset with how this was handled and do not appreciate being treated this way, and I apologize if I sound irritated. Because I am. I just got through writing one of these and to have to do it again over something like this is frustrating and highly off-putting. The admin could have told her firmly that she had to log out to the same effect, but instead insisted that she was actually me and hit her with a permaban due to our 'history'. It sure feels like we are being treated unfairly for something that happened eons ago and it's really not cool.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: [aurochs] spoonypineapple ban appeal

Post by imblyings » #314976

I unban an account for some old fairly extensive multikeying bans and a few days later I notice multikeying on the same ip address. How do you think I'm going to react? This isn't the first time I've heard someone say 'oh it was my roommate' or 'oh it was my brother'. They're poor excuses with no way of me verifying without being more invasive than I want for a 2d spessmen game short of the traditional shoe on head request.

If you get banned for something like multikeying, no matter how long ago, have the decency to tell admins someone else is going to log on with the same IP address so we at least know what is going on.

lifted, dont use the it was my brother excuse if there is a next time
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.