Appeals which have been closed.
Anajamois
Byond Username: Anajamois

[ausops] Permaban for a foul attitude

Post by Anajamois » #320084

Byond account and character name: Anajamois
Banning admin: Ausops/imblyings
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Serverwide
Ban reason and length: 24 notes in 2 months, PM exchange revealed they are unlikely to ever change for the better.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): This ban (Ban ID#30715) was applied by ausops on 2017-07-16 12:21:00, The is a permanent ban.
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): N/A
Your side of the story: Having had a shaky start, I think it's fair to say I tested my limits too much. Around 10 of the notes were IC in OOC punishments, so I'd say that's my biggest weakness. Following a weekban appeal, I entered into an argument with an unrelated admin (ausops) and foolishly told him to resign. If he's here he'll probably post the dialogue.
Why you think you should be unbanned: On the day of the weekban I ranted to a friend, who pointed out that my tone was smug and condescending, and though I initially brushed him off, I can't disagree with him. I allowed my upset to snowball into a tantrum that inevitably shot me in the foot. If I'd calmed down and tried being diplomatic then this appeal probably wouldn't even be necessary.

If you can believe I'm being genuine, I'm sorry I was such a pain in the dick. I think I've gotten a better understanding of what's not acceptable. If you'll allow me, I'd like to come back much more humbled, since I haven't yet learned Engineering, Genetics or Chemistry, and haven't yet experienced the joy of accidentally spacewalking into the singularity.

Yeah, I'm a dumbass, I know.
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Re: [ausops] Permaban for a foul attitude

Post by factoryman942 » #320093

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=12129 for the weekban appeal

also generally permabans shouldn't be appealed, like, immediately
usually admins recommend waiting a few months
and also getting an admin from another server to vouch for you
Anajamois
Byond Username: Anajamois

Post by Anajamois » #320096

factoryman942 wrote:https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=12129 for the weekban appeal

also generally permabans shouldn't be appealed, like, immediately
usually admins recommend waiting a few months
and also getting an admin from another server to vouch for you
Well, it has been a week since I launched the server...

I don't think I know any admin well enough for one to vouch for me. You could ask some of the players I've dragged out of danger and resuscitated (heck if I can remember their usernames though), among other things. The kind of things that don't get made a note of.

I may just have to hope one of them posts in here that I'm not such a terrible guy. Wait isn't that against the rules
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #320115

Nice friend you have there, should have probably listened to his advice when you first started playing here.

You cause less headaches for players and admins alike when you're not here, so please play on some other servers for a time.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.