Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

[Vekter] Nilons Note appeal

Post by Nilons » #331071

Byond account and character name: Nilons - Ostrava Nanotrasen
Noting admin: Vekter
Note reason:

2017-08-27 22:31:40 | Bagil | vekter
Last warning - as Captain, killed the CMO because the Virologist accidentally spread a honk virus. He was in some shit at the time, so I excused it this time, but he definitely seems to be more fond of killing than trying to handle it in character.

My side of the story: The CMO bought a virus crate and used it to make a honk virus that deliberately spread as fast as possible which resulted in communication essentially breaking down as no one could understand each other through the honks. They called me to the bridge where the HoS (who had also planned on executing them) was waiting with them. The RD who had been persecuted by sec because they wouldn't listen to me telling them I gave him permission to borg someone was being permad and the person who was to be borged was being cloned against my orders and I couldn't yell over radio about either of these things due to aforementioned honk virus. I killed the CMO with 1 minute to the shuttle getting here for the stupid fucking honk virus which they later claimed was an accident despite them never saying so in game and having BOUGHT A VIRUS CRATE TO MAKE IT WITH. Then Vekter bwoinked me and decided that giving everyone a virus that makes it borderline impossible to communicate did not make them valid, told me I was not fit for leadership roles, and noted me saying it was my last warning not to kill people as a head. He also said that I should never kill anyone as captain unless they were in the process of killing me or had murdered someone, which is a pretty hefty precedent to set all things considered. He ended the ahelps by telling me the issue was closed and when I told him I would see him on the forums in that case he didn't know you could appeal notes.

Why do I think it should be removed: Negatively affecting everyone onlines round and preventing me from actually having the time it would take to demote them properly. If it weren't for the honk virus I could have helped the RD and stopped the person from being cloned via the radio giving me more time to deal with the CMO. As well as vekter not knowing how the servers appeal system works and setting the precedent that people are only valid to the captain if theyre currently trying to kill him or if they have murdered, so cultists, traitors, lings, people who break into his office at roundstart etc, not valid apparently. According to him this is "Not that hard"
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [Vekter] Nilons Note appeal

Post by Cobby » #331101

be more fond of killing than trying to handle it in character.
this is really nitpicky but I I'd rather not have someone be mislead with the typo.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #331106

Alright, so in my defense, this was the first round of me being back after some time off, so I probably got it a bit wrong.

I'll go ahead and remove it. I felt like you had other options open to you, even if that's just brigging them while you handle the more important shit. My main issue was that your first thought was to kill them when they weren't a direct threat to the station instead of at least trying to handle it without executing him. I get that things get stressful.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #331107

Thanks, then.