[ausops] PotatoMasher - Plasma flood during lowpop extended

Appeals which have been closed.
PotatoMasher
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: PotatoMasher

[ausops] PotatoMasher - Plasma flood during lowpop extended

Post by PotatoMasher » #350015

It may have taken a little over half a month to come get this done, but I have my reasons. Life has been busy. Time to get this resolved.

Byond account and character name: PotatoMasher (Cosmo Rader)
Banning admin: ausops
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Access to servers.
Ban reason and length: "Flooded plasma during extended, did not respond to ahelps." Perma-ban.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 10-06-2017, 07:52:14. In my timezone (EST) it was almost 4 in the morning.
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil

Your side of the story: Playing CE because the game decided to give me that over the seven other options I had at medium. Having previous experience with CE this is fine with me. Set up the singulo, wired solars, and... nothing happens. For almost 30 minutes. The only other eventful thing that has happened is that almost seven people have already killed themselves, realizing that it was low-pop extended themselves. I would do the same, but head of staff, so that's a no go. Experiment with upgrading the two solars SMES. Lounge in the bridge, only to be kicked out by the Captain. Something along the lines of "Get out and do your job". Circle the main hall for about 10 minutes.
It was about that moment that I realized that the round was going to be one of those dreaded two and a half hour long rounds where everybody just waits for even the smallest reason to call the shuttle. My tired brain is telling me to go to bed, and I stupidly decide to flood plasma to attempt a shuttle call. Cut atmos cams, replace valves, fix mix tank, vwoosh. Leave room and bolt the doors with my remote. First radio reports come in, and I start to realize how much of a shitter move that was. Feeling bad I rush back to atmos to find that the Monkey engineer was already fixing it, so I assist in fixing the cams.
Suddenly, I heard a loud crash coming from the engine room. AI yells that the singularity had somehow breached containment. Instant shuttle call again, and we leave shortly after. Round ends, people are confused who plasma flooded and set sing free during extended. I say goodnight, feeling free from the chains of extended, and close the client.
Coming back the next day, I was met with the nasty surprise: a perma ban. Join yogstation instead. Become depressed as I could not play the new clockwork cult and that I had just joined into a gang round.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Look guys, to be honest, I really can't find a good reason for why I wasn't in the wrong here. I made a stupid decision because I was the buffoon that decided to play at 4:00 AM in the morning. I have become a victim of the curse of the low-pop extended shittery. The only thing I can say in my defense for the plasma flood is that I genuinely felt bad, and came back to fix it.
As for the Ahelp, I honestly don't remember getting an ahelp. Checking the logs though shows a redacted message right before I said goodnight and left, so there was one. I had my headset off at the time, and my chat box usually sits over the lower part of the message display window. I'm going to assume must have not heard or seen it when I closed the game. Still don't remember clearly if those were all the details, as it was 4:00 AM.
So basically, I'm just begging for forgiveness at this point. I was a shitter and I know it, and I am sorry. There was only 12 - 15 people on the server by the time it ended though, and I don't think the plasma flood killed anyone at all. It was quickly fixed from intervention from the monkey, the AI, and me. I love this server, and I think it's one of the best out there; enough for me to want to update the wiki during my spare time. If I can get this ban appealed, I plan on teaching a few of my friends the game on the server, as they have become somewhat interested in the game (and yes, I am aware of the rules on metacoms). If you still are not convinced, I have been a good boy while playing on Yogstation if you care enough to ask them.

(Side note: No clue what caused the singulo. PA got bumped to max by "null".)

I hope the perma was just to get me to come here to explain myself. That is all. Thanks for taking your time to read this lengthy appeal.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: [ausops] PotatoMasher - Plasma flood during lowpop exten

Post by imblyings » #350078

Permanent bans are usually applied in cases of someone griffing but not responding to admins. I'll lift in a few hours or someone else can.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: [ausops] PotatoMasher - Plasma flood during lowpop exten

Post by Okand37 » #350319

This has since been lifted and you're welcome to rejoin the server! Have fun and try to be careful! : )
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?