Appeals which have been closed.
mikey555
Byond Username: Mikey555

[gamarr] mikey555 - headban

Post by mikey555 » #356263

Byond account and character name: mikey555 / Luke Gadow

Banning admin: gamarr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): All head roles

Ban reason and length: Banned from Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer - As captain, uploaded AI laws such as enforcing shitcurity and other toxic laws, while encouraging security on the human side to likewise be awful.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-06-17 22:27:24

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: In hindsight this was a really dumb idea but I can't exactly remember what I was thinking at the time.

Why you think you should be unbanned: This ban is over a year old and I've been (mostly) a good boy since then, can I get an unban?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: [gamarr] mikey555 - headban

Post by Armhulen » #356270

it's been a year, sure
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #356272

Generally speaking, you should refrain from uploading laws as a nonantagonist that will be a guarantee to lead to nonantagonist death.

Notably, coaxing two parties into escalation against one another in this form is generally frowned upon and any deaths can be laid on the individual who instigated the conflict between the two as a result. While gimmicks and shenanigans are always encouraged, and captain gimmicks are certainly allowed, you should be mindful in them leading to nonantagonist death or grief.

Could you present some of your publicly listed notes to display acts of good behaviour (if listed) or show them to verify that you have learned since?
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
mikey555
Byond Username: Mikey555

Post by mikey555 » #356280

Most of my more recent notes (within the previous 6 months) were just warnings.
These are my four most recent notes:
For an explanation of the Detective gun thing, I had only recently discovered how to modify the gun (at the time), and I was a bit too reckless with it. I've since then only shot those who I have absolute proof of being an antag with the gun.

I've also included a graph (created by yours truly) to illustrate how I have become a better player over time. The graph starts from the month the headban was placed (June 2016) and ends at the end of October 2017.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #356286

this is the most well-thought-out ban appeal i've seen in awhile
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #356287

someone lift this he even made a cute graph
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #356288

While we always encourage silliness and fun, it is important that when running a gimmick you take into consideration how it will impact other people playing the game, specifically as a nonantagonist. While most of the server doesn't require maturity in its roles, a head of staff has some level and measure of responsibility expected of them for the game to function properly.

As you haven't had any considerable marks on your self related to this and a headmin has weighed in favour of unbanning you, I am going to go ahead and unban you but I would ask you be considerate of how your gimmicks and gags will play out! Have fun and be good! : )
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?