[Okand37] awesine - ooc ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: [Okand37] awesine - ooc ban

Post by Okand37 » #369446

To start, the admin didn't say to do it, they were making a clear jest and if you can't see that then I am unsure of what to tell you. From what I've seen of your behaviour in OOC, it has constantly been negative and I have no doubt many other administrators can vouch for your constant arguing and stirring in the channel. To take a look at some of your notes regarding OOC from your first note:
2017-09-13 22:20:09 | Sybil | excessiveuseofcobby [Delete] [Edit]
Stop warning him for IC in OOC and ban him please.

2017-12-28 09:31:18 | Bagil | okand37 [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Banned from OOC - You've had a lot of warnings, stop spamming or starting things in OOC.
2017-12-21 03:01:45 | Bagil | ambassadormagikarp [Delete] [Secret] [Edit]
I uhh am only leaving this as a mostly temporary warning he seems to have a bad habit of provoking people in OOC to the point of being an annoying shit i'll remove this in a week or two if he doesnt seem to provoke people it seems to be a constant cycle as ive seen it 2-3 times now.
2017-07-22 05:20:00 | Bagil | ausops [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Banned for 600 minutes - A string of IC in OOC due to salt. Take a break from the game, walk around or something.
2017-07-12 07:04:06 | Bagil | niknakflak [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Banned from OOC - Ick'd in the oock about a traitor who killed him during the round. Reported that it was accidental due to the hotkey thing but he was told to figure that out and didn't. Take this time to do so
2017-07-10 20:43:18 | Bagil | darkgenerallord [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Banned from OOC - IC in OOC once more. Please either swap off from hotkey mode or stop messing up, since it's pretty frequent.
2017-07-08 09:47:56 | Bagil | kevinz000 [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Banned for 15 minutes - and stop ic in oocing too
2017-07-07 20:35:12 | Bagil | bgobandit [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Banned for 15 minutes - Repeated IC in OOC, please do not talk or ask about round events in OOC.
2017-06-23 00:49:04 | Bagil | excessiveuseofcobby [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Banned for 15 minutes - Glad you found out why I marked it IC issue, but next time don't do it in OOC please.
2017-04-02 23:20:44 | Bagil | excessiveuseofcobby [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Please just start banning them for any OOC in IC / IC in OOC.
2017-03-26 23:41:39 | Sybil | feemjmeem [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Warning - REMINDED not to talk about round events in OOC.
2017-03-23 20:05:20 | Bagil | dorsidwarf [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Asked not to talk about round events in OOC
Quite honestly I'm surprised it wasn't done sooner. Unless you can garner a better defence for yourself or someone else is feeling more inclined to mercy, this is denied.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #369447

You didn't even post one line. You posted an entire wall of text which is worthy of an OOC mute itself whether or not it was WGW.

When we were talking about bad gimmicks, I assumed we all knew we were joking and not actually going to do anything. I have learned my lesson now.

EDIT: meant WGW not OOC
Last edited by Ayy Lemoh on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #369462

awesine wrote: >"WALL"
that doesn't look like a wall, that looks like a paragraph.

AN EVEN BETTER COUNTER-DEFENSE:
We allow people to spam erotica over the public radio a bunch of times and they never get banned. I posted it once and I got OOC banned.
not a good connection eh?
Congrats, your screen is big enough to where that is not a wall of text. It is still quite big, though. Let us compare my own screen.
That's quite small despite me not being the one who even did the ban. If you say 'well that's just your shitty screen lol' then keep in mind that other people on the server could have screens about the same size or even smaller. It's still annoying.

>"We allow people to spam erotica over the public radio a bunch of times and they never get banned"
Sir, have you seen your notes? You may not have been warned about erotica, but you were definitely warned a lot about your use of OOC. While it could be a valid point on why we don't ban people for spamming erotica if ERP is bad, you still have a bad history when it comes to OOC.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #369468

In all honesty, I probably would have just muted OOC and not cared but I suppose I can see why the note was put in the first place after you've been given OOC warnings before (Though they probably shouldn't have been considered them that much due to the fact that they're older, I cannot blame the admin for at least considering them due to the long history.) The idea that "other people were allowed to spam erotica but I can't" doesn't matter in this instance because this is specifically related to your behavior now and previously. It's not that hard to see what Jerry said was just in jest but I would say he shouldn't ever really encourage players because it's not that hard for "hilarious suggestions" to get out of hand. It's the same reason why, when an admin says something like "STOP AHELPING COPYPASTA" is just an invitation to have everyone ahelp copypasta.

Again, I don't think I would have personally noted for this because I don't think one instance of copypasta is spam, but that's just my belief. However, I personally think the note should be updated to depict the situation better, though.
Last edited by CitrusGender on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Limski
Byond Username: Limski

Post by Limski » #369469

>admin 1 baits reaction
>player takes bait
>admin 2 punishes player 1 for reaction
lol ok

I was present at the time and I think that the single time he "spammed" WGW wasn't intrusive and didn't hamper the progression of the round
Sure he had history with being an OOC shitter but I don't think this specific case should be used as a reason to dish out a perma OOC mute, especially because he was literally baited to do what he did.

Fishing for bans is a terrible style of adminning you should be ashamed
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #369486

Limski wrote:I was present at the time and I think that the single time he "spammed" WGW wasn't intrusive and didn't hamper the progression of the round
Sure he had history with being an OOC shitter but I don't think this specific case should be used as a reason to dish out a perma OOC mute, especially because he was literally baited to do what he did.

Fishing for bans is a terrible style of adminning you should be ashamed
I wasn't fishing for someone to get banned. I was making a joke. I see that is apparently a dangerous thing now and I will avoid that in the future.

The perma OOC mute does seem a bit extreme in my eyes, especially since it affects his deadchat too for some fucking reason which is dumb since that isn't even an issue, but I don't think he was literally baited.

>style of adminning
I think this would be more of a dick move than a style. What benefit would someone gain from banning a guy besides petty revenge? That's just absurd unless there is some sort of retarded ban quota I don't know about as if this is like the civil protection from HL2.
Limski
Byond Username: Limski

Post by Limski » #369489

I'm not telling you that making jokes is bad, what I'm trying to say is that punishing someone for misinterpreting a joke seems malicious from third person perspective, especially if the person that misinterpreted the joke had no ill intent.
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #369491

Limski wrote:I'm not telling you that making jokes is bad, what I'm trying to say is that punishing someone for misinterpreting a joke seems malicious from third person perspective, especially if the person that misinterpreted the joke had no ill intent.
Eh, maybe it was an attempt at light humor. I don't know how you could misinterpret that, but I guess it's possible for anything to happen.

I counted the man's notes and saw:
- 10 notes related to IC in OOC
- 2 notes related to normal OOC issues

Despite me not being the banning admin, he probably does deserve a less extreme punishment since one paragraph of WGW isn't really IC in OOC. I still dislike how it apparently mutes his deadchat according to him. However, it still adds up to 12 notes, excluding the mute, about OOC behavior. The mute shouldn't be reduced from 'permanent' to 'five minutes' or something light like that.

EDIT: I realize that some of the notes could be old therefore not as valid, but I still think my point still stands.

EDIT: I feel like me talking about how he should be punished may seem wrong if I say I wasn't trying to banbait, but even a day mute would be good in my eyes if you literally get banned/muted from or because of OOC more than six times in one year. I just want to be fair.

fucking edit: I really should think more about my posts before I make them, but even a day mute seems light, to be honest. All that matters is that it's fair, to be honest.
Last edited by Ayy Lemoh on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #369498

CitrusGender wrote:In all honesty, I probably would have just muted OOC and not cared but I suppose I can see why the note was put in the first place after you've been given OOC warnings before (Though they probably shouldn't have been considered them that much due to the fact that they're older, I cannot blame the admin for at least considering them due to the long history.) The idea that "other people were allowed to spam erotica but I can't" doesn't matter in this instance because this is specifically related to your behavior now and previously. It's not that hard to see what Jerry said was just in jest but I would say he shouldn't ever really encourage players because it's not that hard for "hilarious suggestions" to get out of hand. It's the same reason why, when an admin says something like "STOP AHELPING COPYPASTA" is just an invitation to have everyone ahelp copypasta.

Again, I don't think I would have personally noted for this because I don't think one instance of copypasta is spam, but that's just my belief. However, I personally think the note should be updated to depict the situation better, though.
Regularly for many players, this would have resulted in a simple temporary mute. It's a clear jest, and taking the opportunity as an excuse to throw a copypasta into OOC when its clearly against the rules and you have a history of being warned for OOC related manners then claiming "it wasn't that bad" is a poor defence. The latter example is not an invitation for everyone to adminhelp, and is a very great way to get oneself kicked.

However, if you'll refer to their notes, this is primary for their behaviour; it says everything that needs to be said. "stop spamming or starting things in OOC."
Limski wrote:I'm not telling you that making jokes is bad, what I'm trying to say is that punishing someone for misinterpreting a joke seems malicious from third person perspective, especially if the person that misinterpreted the joke had no ill intent.
See the above. As for many other players, this would have resulted in a simple mute for the rest of the round, but it's hard to say that with awesine's track history he had "no ill intent."

This player has a long history and a very recent strong history of abuse of the OOC channel, from harassing other players to constantly toeing the line and I have no intentions to unban them merely because they've decided to act "non-chalant" as soon as they've been actively punished for it.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #369499

If anything due to the number of recent notes and abuses I believe this would fall under a rule 7 reason. Constant near rule breaking still constitutes as rulebreaking, especially since you've so many notes which to be honest aren't that long ago. There are players who have gone years on this server without a single OOC note. Why should we treat you differently to those that constantly break or come close to breaking other rules?
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #369502

Okand37 wrote: This player has a long history and a very recent strong history of abuse of the OOC channel, from harassing other players to constantly toeing the line and I have no intentions to unban them merely because they've decided to act "non-chalant" as soon as they've been actively punished for it.
I don't know what dark incantation he casted to avoid getting oocbanned to this point but he's been on and off breaking this rule for 9 months so i think it's time to stop. exhibit a: FIVE TIMES IN ONE MONTH
Spoiler:
2017-07-22 05:20:00 | Bagil | ausops [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Banned for 600 minutes - A string of IC in OOC due to salt. Take a break from the game, walk around or something.
2017-07-12 07:04:06 | Bagil | niknakflak [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Banned from OOC - Ick'd in the oock about a traitor who killed him during the round. Reported that it was accidental due to the hotkey thing but he was told to figure that out and didn't. Take this time to do so
2017-07-10 20:43:18 | Bagil | darkgenerallord [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Banned from OOC - IC in OOC once more. Please either swap off from hotkey mode or stop messing up, since it's pretty frequent.
2017-07-08 09:47:56 | Bagil | kevinz000 [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Banned for 15 minutes - and stop ic in oocing too
2017-07-07 20:35:12 | Bagil | bgobandit [Delete] [Not secret] [Edit]
Banned for 15 minutes - Repeated IC in OOC, please do not talk or ask about round events in OOC.
THAT BEING SAID, jerry please don't bait people into breaking the rules please i mean this guy should have been banned but not because he did this, it's just his history is bad
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #369504

i'll lock this now, another headmin can reopen if they disagree etc