[Vekter] TonyRavioli - Noob who misunderstood EORG

Appeals which have been closed.
Scrubakistan

[Vekter] TonyRavioli - Noob who misunderstood EORG

Post by Scrubakistan » #381640

Byond account and character name: TonyRavioli, Tony Ravioli
Banning admin: vekter
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Bagil, Sybil, Terry
Ban reason and length: Killed another player and logged off when questioned.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-09-10 21:49:50
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Not sure, probably Bagil
Your side of the story: First and foremost I had only really been playing this game for maybe a month or so on and off before hand, and I still had no fucking clue what I was doing at the time, nor did I really understand the rules because of my noobiness.
It was late and my last round before I was gonna sign off. Shuttle arrives and I, being a scrub, thought at the time that just getting on the shuttle = End of round. It isn't. I killed another player, thinking it wouldn't matter much and as I went to close the game, I got a bwoink. Once again, tired and not understanding the severity of my actions, figured the worst that would happen is a few hours ban and promptly logged off without replying to the admin. I was then banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
Back when I didn't understand this game I graytided hard. Like a dipshit I got banned from Paradise, TG, and Citadel because I was too intimidated to actually learn how to play and would just run around as assistant self antagging and being a shitler. After getting banned from Citadel I decided to actually learn how to play and I've been playing on Yog mostly with little to no incidents. It's been around half a year now and I've decided to try to get a clean slate. I appealed to Paradise and am unbanned there, so TG is next on the list. I now understand that mindless playerkilling is pointless and just kinda ruins the round for whoever that person is. I also actually contribute to the game now. Thanks for reading.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: [Vekter] TonyRavioli - Noob who misunderstood EORG

Post by Rustledjimm » #381651

Here is the ban

As you can see it was mostly your actions of logging off that warranted the permaban just so we could have you explain yourself on the forums. You've done this now and I am happy to lift the ban myself unless anyone disagrees.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #381657

just a relic of banning people for logging on questioning i ditto what rustled said in that we should lift this
Scrubakistan

Post by Scrubakistan » #382326

Bump?
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #382344

You should be unbanned now, but let me know over the forums or the discord if you are still having issues accessing the game. Otherwise, make sure to follow the rules, and have fun! : )
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?