Appeals which have been closed.
the_shrouded_lord
Byond Username: Theshroudedlord

[feemjmeem] theshroudedlord - ban appeal

Post by the_shrouded_lord » #412614

Byond account and character name: Theshroudedlord, Chloe Chatreuse

Banning admin: feemjmeem

Ban type (What are you banned from?): week ban from all servers

Ban reason and length: as a nonantag, I opened up two plasma tanks in toxins storage and ran out of there with the initial intent to not fix it, and was banned for a week within two minutes of doing so

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-05-24 00.39.37 EST

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: I had just joined in the round as an assistant, and got my usual casual attire on, and while walking through the halls I noticed plasma had flooded out of science and a crew were working on using scrubbers to fix it, i went to see if I could get into science to see what had happened, and it appeared that a bunch of science doors were emagged open. I walked right in, past two or three scientists who made no effort to try and stop me, an assistant from coming in, and couldn't actually figure out what had caused it. I also noticed that toxins was open, and the greytide in me said "Open the plasma so they have to use the scrubbers more." so I went in, put both tanks to max, opened them, and ran. Not even 10 seconds later I received a message first from feem that said Hi! and one from nabski saying why? I responded to nabski, having seen him around more often, "holy shit that was fast, two bwoinks in a row" and then admitted "yeah I was being a little shit, I'll grab a scrubber and clean it up". Feem responded at this point with "Boy you have an amazing history" commenting on the string of bans I have on my account for bad escalation. He then PMs me saying "No, you'll get a ban!" and then slaps me with this week long ban.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Feem jumped the gun immediately upon seeing my note history, assuming I have a history of griefing the station on a wide scale. My previous bans are almost entirely for bad escalation where I needlessly killed someone, and NEVER for griefing the station. I've fucked up many a time, but I don't usually grief beyond small scale things. I just wanted to tide a bit as an assistant, and was fully willing to fix my own mistake. Instead, feem saw my bad history and assumed that this kind of stuff was what I normally do. I'd at the very least like the ban reduced, because I feel as though it became this long due to a lack of context on my previous ban.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [feemjmeem] theshroudedlord - ban appeal

Post by Stickymayhem » #412624

the_shrouded_lord wrote: Why you think you should be unbanned: Feem jumped the gun immediately upon seeing my note history, assuming I have a history of griefing the station on a wide scale. My previous bans are almost entirely for bad escalation where I needlessly killed someone, and NEVER for griefing the station. I've fucked up many a time, but I don't usually grief beyond small scale things. I just wanted to tide a bit as an assistant, and was fully willing to fix my own mistake. Instead, feem saw my bad history and assumed that this kind of stuff was what I normally do. I'd at the very least like the ban reduced, because I feel as though it became this long due to a lack of context on my previous ban.
It probably speaks somewhat to why you got banned here and why you get in trouble a lot that you think just because you vary the ways in which you break the rules somehow that means you should get lesser individual punishments for each new kind of rulebreak.

It doesn't work like that, and if you don't stop getting in trouble these bans will very likely get longer.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: [feemjmeem] theshroudedlord - ban appeal

Post by Rustledjimm » #412637

Couldn't have put it better than sticky.

Just because you've broken the rules in a different way doesn't mean your punishment should be any lighter.

Appeal denied.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes