[spyroshark] TGxSingularity - Ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
TGxSingularity

[spyroshark] TGxSingularity - Ban appeal

Post by TGxSingularity » #413281

TGxSingularity/William Obepmah
Banning admin: spryoshark
Ban Type: Server
Ban Reason and Length: "As a non-antag, accused someone of being a changeling then with help from other players cremated them during extended.... The ban is for 10080 minutes and expires on 2018-06-02 23:45:39 (server time)
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-05-26 23:45:39 server time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: I was unable to present my side of the story earlier, as I had disconnected to eat before the ban was applied. For the record, I'm not asking for a ban lift, as I did help kill the clown and I'm willing to face the consequences for my mistake. I'd simply like the ban note on my record to note that I genuinely believed the clown was a changeling. For context, the incident began with me and another assistant looking for the clown (Honkel, I think) so we could fight him with our boxing gloves. As we were running around the hallway, we spotted the clown being knifed by the chef. At this time, I didn't suspect the clown of being a ling, so I dragged him off and healed him with my medipen, though I was still punching him with my boxing gloves, intending on giving him a harmless swirlie once he was healed. The clown eventually got up and tried to run away. By this point, several people had appeared, apparently all holding a grudge against the clown for his pranks that round. One guy cried out that the clown was a changeling, seeing as how the clown was continuing to get up despite the massive stamina damage he was taking. Upon hearing that, I considered that maybe the chef was killing the clown earlier for that reason, and that the clown was a changeling. So we killed and cremated him.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Again, I'm fine with the ban itself, I'd just like it to be noted that it was a genuine misunderstanding, so that any admin reading over my notes in the future won't think I randomly kill clowns for fun.
Spyroshark
Byond Username: Spyroshark

Re: [spyroshark] TGxSingularity - Ban appeal

Post by Spyroshark » #413288

I've lowered you ban to a day for randomly killing. In retrospect, I probably should of left it at a day in the first place since you disconnected before I could ask but I was a bit confused at the time.
it's me. a real gamer.
TGxSingularity

Post by TGxSingularity » #413289

Alright, thanks
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #413300

Why do people get punished for guessing wrong in a game about trying to trick people into guessing wrong, unless there was an announcement saying it was extended at the beginning of the round
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #413310

Seems like both parties are happy here.