Appeals which have been closed.
zaracka
Byond Username: Zaracka

owegno - note

Post by zaracka » #428294

Byond account and character name: zaracka
Banning admin: owegno
Ban type (What are you banned from?): note
Ban reason and length: Warned for critting and then brigging an implanted crew member who was cuffed during a rev round. Claimed the person disarmed them but they didn't. Only warning to pay attention when playing security.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-07-29 23:18:11
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: the guy was intentionally getting in the way (pushing while cuffed, yes you can push/switch places with people while cuffed) while roughly 4 revs were storming the brig. all my stun options were used up or stolen. revs had brig access. some of them were disarming me, the implanted guy was intentionally getting in front of me and aggressively pushing me away from the brig entrance, allowing the revs to come in.
Why you think you should be unbanned: While it is up to the discretion of the security player, lethal force may be used on a mob of players trying to force entry into the brig. they were intentionally hindering me and helping the revs, then ahelped because they were implanted. when owegno messaged me, I told him I didn't notice he was implanted and probably confused him with one of revs, which is true, but it wasn't the entire context of the situation
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Re: owegno - note

Post by Owegno » #428357

So why didn't you tell me the whole context at the time then?
zaracka

Post by zaracka » #428477

i died shortly after the ahelp because it's hard to respond to an admin while staying alive, it's also not easy to keep track of so many people breaking in and causing chaos during a rev round. i think i said he disarmed me and you told me to be careful because he was implanted. at this point, i assumed the rules were don't kill implanted people no matter what. after playing more on /tg/, i realized that griefing is allowed (so the player wasn't in the wrong), but acting like an antag gets you treated like an antag (so I wasn't in the wrong either).
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #428482

I would actually at least have banned the guy for ban baiting if you had told me that and it had been the case. Helping revs while implanted is also bannable. Regardless its been so long I don't remember any of this nor do I want to take the effort log diving. I'll just remove the note since you've had a good enough record that I think it would be fair to give you the benefit of the doubt.
zaracka

Post by zaracka » #428491

i can't speak for them but that's what they were doing. i would have appealed sooner but wasn't as involved in the community and didn't have a forum account. to be honest, i stopped playing for a bit after the note and played sec a lot less, i thought the administration wasn't as friendly as it really is. i appreciate that, thanks.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #428942

Resolved.