[Coconutwarrior97] Nepeta33Leijon - banned for doing a traitor a favor

Appeals which have been closed.
Nepeta33LeijonAC

[Coconutwarrior97] Nepeta33Leijon - banned for doing a traitor a favor

Post by Nepeta33LeijonAC » #440623

Byond account and character name: Nepeta33Leijon, Heliomata Yuennana
Banning admin: Coconutwarrior97
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban
Ban reason and length: Traitor gave me their gear, asked a favor of me, banned for supposed metafriending. 1 month.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-09-20, 09:08:36 EDT
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: During a round of SPESS, early into the shift, the Captain brought in a dead clown tator. He allowed me to take whatever I could find on him, and told me to MMI the corpse, as it requested not to be borged. Equipped with an empty uplink, an edagger, and a decryption radio key, I began to complain about the lack of EMags on the body (because lets be real, the Security Gas Mask EMag is too fun), my fellow Roboticist threw their EMag at me, revealing they were a traitor. I have played many rounds as a Roboticist with this partner in the department, so I was quite familiar and friendly with them, however, I have never spoken to them outside of Space Station 13. Given their EMag, I went on to borg and EMag a Janitor, as well as the Cyborg that the station started with, just for funsies. Need a bit of help to survive on the station as a non-human, so I figured some borgs that would help without question would benefit me. I told them to go off and do whatever they could to help the station as their normal jobs requested of them. My fellow Roboticist had planted a power sink and was about to be apprehended by Security, so they threw their PDA at me and told me their uplink code, giving me 8 TC to spend on whatever, although I never did end up using this. Later on, after they were cleared and given back to Robotics, they took a PDA off of a deceased moff and messaged me through it, not daring speak in case of being found out. They requested of me that I send one of my Cyborgs to go kill another player, and, considering the fact they trusted me with their traitor gear and were a fun person to hang around with, I agreed to send them off to kill them. We were caught due to this, and rightfully murdered by the Captain.
Why you think you should be unbanned: As stated above, the ban is for metafriending, despite no such event ever occuring. While I have been getting friendly with the player and their character, never have I messaged this person outside of Space Station 13 and been told to do things for them in an out-of-character sense; I did it simply because they asked, and were kind enough to give me their things and trust me with such a responsibility. A month ban for an incident like this in itself is a bit lengthy; I would image at most a few days to be enough to convince the victim to not do such a thing again. But, that's not my job; I'm not the admin here. I believe the ban itself is another bit of a misunderstanding, due to Coconut banning before investigating, but I can never be so sure. Can't blame him either, it must be stressful. I trust a well-thought and wise decision will be made.
Nepeta33LeijonAC

Re: [Coconutwarrior97] Nepeta33Leijon - banned for doing a traitor a favor

Post by Nepeta33LeijonAC » #440626

EDITED: Misspelled 'due' as 'do' and it pissed me off.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #440637

Alright, so I think you believe I'm accusing you of meta-comming, which I am not. I am accusing you of a situation in which meta friending gave an antagonist an undue advantage. Regardless of any IC relationship you had with them in the round you helped them kill a person who was not in any way valid to you. Also, to quote your original post, "I have played many rounds as a Roboticist with this partner in the department, so I was quite familiar and friendly with them," you are admitting you treated them differently because of past rounds

Here is where they asked you and where you told the borg to kill:

Snuffleupagus86/(Ember Armitage) "tell the borg to kill Klara."
SAY: Nepeta33Leijon/(Heliomata Yuennana) "kill Klara."

Ember's objective was to kill Klara, which will be included as a screenshot I took from statbus.

So, to sum things up. You, a non-antag helped an antag complete their objective by ordering a borg to kill their objective based on your OOC relationship with them. This is not allowed and it is why you were banned.
Logs for reference: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... s/2018/09/
Attachments
STATBUS.png
Nepeta33LeijonAC

Post by Nepeta33LeijonAC » #440643

I may have worded it incorrectly. I meant to have said while, yes, I do consider them a friend, I was not ordering the Cyborg to kill them due to that standing. I had him attempt it due to the fact that she had given me her things and trusted me with them; allowing me to EMag the borg in the first place, which, in my eyes, should have been her borg. If it was my EMag and she told me to kill the borg, I would more than likely decline the offer (unless, of course, Klara was my target). I understand that this brings up the issue of 'do I trust this random homestuck filth on 2d spessmen' and all, but I am simply telling it how it is; believe me if you want, or don't. She gave me her things, so I felt like I was obligated to do so. Besides, in-character I had teamed up with an antag. Nothing in the rules about that, last time I checked.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #440653

Nepeta33LeijonAC wrote:I may have worded it incorrectly. I meant to have said while, yes, I do consider them a friend, I was not ordering the Cyborg to kill them due to that standing. I had him attempt it due to the fact that she had given me her things and trusted me with them; allowing me to EMag the borg in the first place, which, in my eyes, should have been her borg. If it was my EMag and she told me to kill the borg, I would more than likely decline the offer (unless, of course, Klara was my target). I understand that this brings up the issue of 'do I trust this random homestuck filth on 2d spessmen' and all, but I am simply telling it how it is; believe me if you want, or don't. She gave me her things, so I felt like I was obligated to do so. Besides, in-character I had teamed up with an antag. Nothing in the rules about that, last time I checked.
Its fine to help antagonists to some extent. However; there is a distinction between helping them like "getting them a medkit" and "helping them murder their target yourself". You could also have helped them if the target had been valid to you. In this instance the target was not valid to you. So you essentially helped an antag kill a non-valid target and considering your relationship with them between rounds its hard to see how that wouldn't have played a significant role in you deciding to order your borg to kill the target. Also, "I had him attempt it due to the fact that she had given me her things and trusted me with them; allowing me to EMag the borg in the first place," is not valid reasoning for killing someone.
Nepeta33LeijonAC

Post by Nepeta33LeijonAC » #440654

My reasoning was quick and not well thought out, I admit, but it mainly revolved around the 'she gave me her shit and trusted me, and she can probably kill me whenever she pleases if I tick her off to an extent' kind of process. I knew she probably wouldn't, but still. It scared me enough to tell the borg to go for it.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #440663

Nepeta33LeijonAC wrote:My reasoning was quick and not well thought out, I admit, but it mainly revolved around the 'she gave me her shit and trusted me, and she can probably kill me whenever she pleases if I tick her off to an extent' kind of process. I knew she probably wouldn't, but still. It scared me enough to tell the borg to go for it.
"It scared me enough to tell the borg to go for it."
Heres some logs which seem to say otherwise:

[2018-09-20 03:12:44.927] SAY: Nepeta33Leijon/(Heliomata Yuennana) "ember"
[2018-09-20 03:12:48.839] SAY: Nepeta33Leijon/(Heliomata Yuennana) "they know you planted the sink"
[2018-09-20 03:13:41.938] SAY: Nepeta33Leijon/(Heliomata Yuennana) "hope she's alright."
[2018-09-20 03:15:11.744] SAY: Nepeta33Leijon/(Heliomata Yuennana) "i should go rescue them."
[2018-09-20 03:21:10.056] SAY: Nepeta33Leijon/(Heliomata Yuennana) "excuse the intrusion on the security radio, but when will Ember be released?"
[2018-09-20 03:37:42.903] SAY: Nepeta33Leijon/(Heliomata Yuennana) "hey fuck you embers cool"
[2018-09-20 03:46:27.335] SAY: Nepeta33Leijon/(Heliomata Yuennana) "theyre a good friend of mine"
[2018-09-20 03:46:38.025] SAY: Nepeta33Leijon/(Heliomata Yuennana) "i WOULD sell them out"
[2018-09-20 03:46:39.681] SAY: Nepeta33Leijon/(Heliomata Yuennana) "but as I said"
[2018-09-20 03:46:42.247] SAY: Nepeta33Leijon/(Heliomata Yuennana) "they're a friend"
[2018-09-20 03:47:44.663] SAY: Nepeta33Leijon/(Heliomata Yuennana) "you already implanted ember"
[2018-09-20 03:47:48.580] SAY: Nepeta33Leijon/(Heliomata Yuennana) "so dont kill em please"

This doesn't sound like someone who is scared to me, it sounds like someone who wants their metafriend to survive. I stand by this ban and the reasoning for it.
Logs for reference: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... s/2018/09/
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #440753

Alright, so after looking through the logs again I don't think the "meta friending for undue IC advantage" really applies here since snuffle just thought you were an antag based on your actions. So I'm re-applying the ban and making it four days, for self antaging and an unjustified kill when you ordered your emagged Borg to kill Klara. Though since some time has already passed it will be shortened to take into account the time you've been banned for already.