Appeals which have been closed.
Orangetoque13

[misterstaub] Dick Hertz - Unresponsive misunderstanding

Post by Orangetoque13 » #53791

Byond Acct: Orangetoque13
Character name: Dick Hertz
Banning Admin: misterstaub
Ban Type: Permaban (no time listed)
Reason/Length: "Attacked his colleague with another MD after his colleague had accidentally attacked him with a defib, which was stated as a mistake. Would not respond to any adminhelps to explain their situation. Please explain yourself on the forums.
Time Placed: 12-10-2014 8:52:08

To be honest I do not remember this round well as it was in a cluster of rounds where I was playing chemistry and attacks on chemistry had become trendy so I had been defending myself repeatedly, however I think this is the round that my colleague in chemistry not only Defibed me but also repeatedly made explosions in the chemical mixer that I was working on calling everything an accident so I did retaliate and then was ganged up on by my colleague and Luke Green(e) a medical doctor. If the defib attack was truly an accident I do apologize as I do not make it a point to start fights on the station. I assure you that I was not intentionally breaking the rules and felt that I was acting in self defense. As far as not responding to adminhelps I am a fairly new player and find it difficult to juggle chat and what I am doing, especially when I am learning a new job as I was that day practicing chemistry and did not mean to miss any messages from the admins, nor was I aware of the adminhelp function in the game as I had never had to use it in the past. If nothing else I would at least like a timeline implemented on the ban as I do not think it would be fair to permaban a new player for a misunderstanding such as this. Thank you.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Re: [misterstaub] Dick Hertz - Unresponsive misunderstanding

Post by Ahammer18 » #53793

I'll notify Misterstaub, its always a huge no-no to not respond to admin PMs
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Orangetoque13

Post by Orangetoque13 » #54401

Thank you Ahammer18. I believe misterstaub is teaching me a lesson in responsiveness. It is a lesson well taken.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #54406

A bit ironic if you think about it.
Either way Staub is going to be gone for an indefinite amount of time so i'll send a headmin this way instead.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #54413

Before unbanning I'd like you to clear up a discrepancy; namely that all of the IPs that you've connected from are also linked to another ckey, Phoque, who was previously banned for similar actions as you have been here (see: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1780).
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Orangetoque13

Post by Orangetoque13 » #54418

Phoque is a friend of mine who was not banned while playing from my house but while connected to his own connection. It is true that he has played from this location though, however you can see that I have only played from one location because this is my house. Also I feel that the two incidences are incomparable as Phoque was banned for power tripping as security and I was banned for what I felt was self defense and not responding to admins, which as I stated before I was unaware of the admin PMs and would have been more than happy to clear up the situation at the time had I realized there had been a problem.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #54582

Unbanned.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.