[Armhulen] the lovely pyro - Permaban appeal for a non-issue.

Appeals which have been closed.
the lovely pyro

[Armhulen] the lovely pyro - Permaban appeal for a non-issue.

Post by the lovely pyro » #567323

BYOND account: the lovely pyro

Character name: Bal Dee

Ban type: Server Ban

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: Massive repeated spammy walls of text announcements that include hate speech, said "there isn't a rule against it" (rule 1), when their last permaban was for rule 1 mass posting movie spoilers, i'm more convinced you just can't change so back to perma it is with you

Time ban was placed: 2020-06-28 05:26:18

Server you were playing on when banned:Basil

Round ID in which ban was placed: 140613

Your side of the story: I was given all-access and decided to go over the communications console, decided to post another copy pasta since its something I and many people do on the server for years and most of the time all that happens is either the player gets arrested immediately or killed by the mods in-game and it ends at that. I posted a copy pasta that makes fun of the LGBT community and keep in mind I have literally been doing this for my entire time being in the /tg/ station community, i've also said a lot of bait worthy comments for years as have many other players in the past and there's never been OOC punishment for it until recent groups have started immigrating into the community...

Why you think you should be unbanned: As I said, I've been making comments like this through announcements for years and not once have I ever been OOC punished for it. Hell, a few days ago an admin bwoinked me (I believe it was bananas) and told me that there isnt any rule or punishment in OOC for people who make these comments and that its only suggested not to make them. Suggested. Not enforced. I 100% believe this ban is unfair and done because the admin was just angry and wanted to make a poor excuse to punish me. They also make a false statement in my ban, I don't know if its deliberate or accidently. I didnt "mass post" movie spoilers I posted a pikachu ending that I didnt realize was real only one time and I got my ban for that lifted after explaining it to the admin. If this really was an actual issue I would have been given reprimands years ago for this, which is why I reiterate this is a permaban over a non-issue and shouldnt have happened to begin with. I also only made that one announcement.

References of good conduct: I shouldn;'t even have to do this but, I have been roleplaying on the new STALKER RP server and sometimes I go on the Desert Rose server where I actually try to do serious roleplay. I also used to frequent the Bay Station server for serious roleplay. This is where I go to grey tide and have fun.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: [Armhulen] the lovely pyro - Permaban appeal for a non-issue.

Post by Armhulen » #567329

I'm just heading off for the night but I didn't want to leave you just waiting around for any signs of life so:

first quick thoughts on the appeal:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ovely+pyro
you've played (so joined, not observed) 93 rounds since your last permaban so i don't know why you're insinuating this is about me getting triggered over politics and some hullabaloo about the community getting corrupted by "recent groups"

to be clear this is because you got permabanned for rule 1, appealed it, got permabanned for rule one A SINGLE ROUND LATER, appealed it, then got permabanned 93 rounds later. that's why.

i would like to work on the note to make it more accurate though, i think a lot of people were doing announcements and even though you did do a couple (all caps baldi announcement) it's not really REPEATED i think that's overkill on my part. mass post should be changed to "posted movie spoilers to about 80 people" as that was the wording on the last one
the lovely pyro wrote:I posted a copy pasta that makes fun of the LGBT community and keep in mind I have literally been doing this for my entire time being in the /tg/ station community
as a final note like this is just me as a guy talking to you as a guy, i can't put into words how bad of an idea it is to put this into your ban appeal especially when it's related to being a dick
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #567330

yeah note changes tomorrow but as for the rest it's up to the headmins to really sit down and decide whether they want you shitting in their pool
the lovely pyro

Post by the lovely pyro » #567331

It's literally a non-issue, nothing in my announcements affected the game in anyway and was no less worse than anything else players were spamming with the communications console.
the lovely pyro

Post by the lovely pyro » #567332

Armhulen wrote:yeah note changes tomorrow but as for the rest it's up to the headmins to really sit down and decide whether they want you shitting in their pool
It's a non issue, my announcement affected the game in no way and was no worse than the shit people were also spamming with the announcement console.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #567333

The Lovely Pyro/(Bal Dee) (priority announcement) "Foolish jedi, despite the pride of your pitiful fringe the average gay man will have several dozen sex partners per year. 33% of mothers of transsexual children are diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.. World wide, male to female transsexuals are fifty times more likely to contract H.I.V. 27 percent of male to female transsexuals in the US tested positive for H.I.V. with only 12 percent reported. 41 percent of transsexuals have tried and failed to commit suicide. Homosexual men are 21% more likely to contract anal cancer compared to normal men. I assure you...young Skywalker...that is nothing to be proud of. HAHAHAHAHAHA!"
the lovely pyro

Post by the lovely pyro » #567334

Yes, I posted this. And? There's never been a rule against posting this in announcements before, people say worse shit on announcements and in the radio communications as well. Why is this suddenly big deal for you?
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #567922

the lovely pyro wrote:Yes, I posted this. And? There's never been a rule against posting this in announcements before, people say worse shit on announcements and in the radio communications as well. Why is this suddenly big deal for you?
There is a rule for this, its called rule 1.

Ultimately we are here to have fun and enjoy a game about dumb clowns and spessmen, not to be reminded of how shitty people can be.
You can disguise your disgusting announcement behind bait all you like, but at the end of the day there is a massive difference between shitposting WGW and making statements filled with hate which attempt to demean others.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Uphold.
Phuzzylodgik: Not available.
TWATICUS: Uphold.