*REAPPEALING* [<Dezupher>] <Bumbo Whumbus> - Banned for CE Delams

Appeals which have been closed.
nutskeet
Byond Username: Nutskeet

*REAPPEALING* [<Dezupher>] <Bumbo Whumbus> - Banned for CE Delams

Post by nutskeet » #571956

I would like to reappeal my ban. It has been several months since the penalty incurred and I want to try again. Below is my original appeal with the information I entered initially. I only edited the references section because everyone I know has moved on from SS13. I can't find any friends that still play.

BYOND account: nutskeet

Character name: Bumbo Whumbus

Ban type: Server

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: Accused of engine griefing.

Time ban was placed: 2020-03-19 11:02:21

Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel

Round ID in which ban was placed: 132570

Your side of the story: First I want to explain leaving before the admin got on, I don't want anyone to think I didn't want to talk to the admin handling the case. I play at work as my overnight position allows me to in my freetime, and I had been dead and hadn't seen an admin on for a little bit. It got a little busy at work, ( I work at a hotel, morning time is when people start leaving, and with COVID, I have to take extra steps and time with them ) so I had to pack up my laptop for the shift and finish out work before clocking out. I normally don't play at home as I have a 6 month old baby so its full time in itself, that. As far as the delaminations go, the first was purely accidently. I had no clue the SM underwent code changes and I set up my famous CO2 engine that I normally always setup. It arcs and puts off pretty lights, outputs a TON of power, and even catches fire but stays at like 3k degrees and 100% integrity, even repairing itself against sabotage sometimes. I was so genuinely confused that I even icc occked that round and formally apologized for not knowing and ruining a shift. The other two delams, I was working with the borg ANTENNA(?I think that was the name?) and we were starting of slow with basic text book N2 setups then working into tritium engines. Again, with the changes, somewhere we messed up and it got out of hand. The AI was mucking with the air alarms throughout which was also not helping things. Long story short, I am a very competent engineer with over 1200hours across many servers of engineering, mostly TG code base. The code changes threw me off and things spiraled downword. I mean hell, even on the third round, I did the most basic setup following the wiki how-to guide, and it just caught on fire and sy rocketed to 30000 degrees.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe I should be unbanned because the delams weren't intentional by any means. They were the setups I normally always do and have done for over a year now that have always been amazingly stable and self healing. I think it was just bad on my part, playing CE, and not noticing code changes. If I am unbanned, I will thoroughly overlook the SM changes and adjust my setups on private server accordingly to be 100% foolproof before bringing them to live.

References of good conduct: I don't really know anyone that plays anymore. It's been several months since my ban.
Dezupher
Byond Username: Dezupher

Re: *REAPPEALING* [<Dezupher>] <Bumbo Whumbus> - Banned for CE Delams

Post by Dezupher » #571992

It hasn't been a full year since your last appeal and you literally just copy pasted your old appeal, minus the reference of good conduct which mentioned bee station in your old appeal (you've apperantly been perma banned from bee station in between your last appeal and now https://beestation13.com/bans?q=nutskeet).

Denied.