Appeals which have been closed.
WoodySmith123

[ArcaneDefence] WoodySmith - Made a stupid mistake and got permabanned

Post by WoodySmith123 » #572483

BYOND account: WoodySmith
Character name: Desmond Beach
Ban type:Server Ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Round 144267, bombing the escape shuttle as a non antagonist and not responding.
Time ban was placed:2020-08-14 21:22:11
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed:144267
Your side of the story: I have only been playing for a week or more and have only really done jobs like paramedic and medical doctor. I have zero experience with grenades and have only ever used foam metal grenades. I had no idea that all grenades look the same. I saw it on the ground and thought it would be fun to throw foam metal in the shuttle which wasn't a good idea either. To my surprise the grenade exploded and it turned out to be a chem grenade. I then left the server because I was done playing after making such a stupid mistake and also the embarrassment, but then decided I could go for another round. I did not notice the admin attempting to talk to me so it came off as greifer behavior of just fucking things up and then leaving.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was an accident honestly. I now know that all grenades look to same. I'm not a greifer or anything. It was a stupid decision that had really bad consequences.
[b]References of good conduct:I really only play on Bagil but also have played on Sybil and have played well within the rules. I never had anything like this happen on Sybil and have never interacted with an admin on that server as I don't do anything needing their attention.
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Re: [ArcaneDefence] WoodySmith - Made a stupid mistake and got permabanned

Post by ArcaneDefence » #572486

Hi bud, thanks for bringing this up.

Seems like a series of events leading me to believe you had far more malicious intentions than you actually did.

Thanks for appealing, you've been unbanned. Take care going forward, and enjoy the game.
WoodySmith123

Post by WoodySmith123 » #572487

Thanks man. So sorry causing you the trouble.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #572505

looks like this is resolved!