[Discord Ban Appeal] Because No Reason Given So Why Not

Appeals which have been closed.
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

[Discord Ban Appeal] Because No Reason Given So Why Not

Post by tinodrima7020 » #590418

Discord username: Sauswich#1155
Banning Admin:Hulkamania
Ban Reason: Calling transgender people tranny, freaks of nature, and other assorted friendly phrases.
Your side of the story: In order Top > Bottom.
1. Yeah, okay I guess you could argue this with my sarcastic gross in response to a stupid ass statement, but I'd doubt this would've had the same impact if I had said gay instead of "faggot".
2. Slippery slope. Am I not allowed to voice my opinion and what I've literally seen happen? (See: My Perception of events in the USA)
3. Dilate in response to somebody writing seethe, cope, seethe, cope.
4. "You looked like a faggot or a woman." Scales McCool asking why a bunch of guys were catcalling him. Again, highly doubt this would've caught anyone's attention if I had said gay and the assumption was that he is a straight man, since, y'know, he has a girlfriend.
5. The Goyim Know Chronicles: Oh no, not political memes in my political chat.
6. How do you know they're white: Okay???? There's rich black celebs, asian celebs, latino celebs
7. If I'm a bigot for not liking freaks of nature. Call me Hitler: ???? A snarky response to a snarky statement mentioning me for no real reason?
8. I support your right to be a tranny: Alrighty? Something wrong with supporting people and their right to transition?
9. Replaced a black man for a white male (woman): Is this not what happened with the Joe Biden presidency for the Minister of Health?

The common denominator? They contain slurs, which I thought we weren't doing a word ban, or am I wrong? I've repeatedly said I support homosexuals and transsexuals.

Arguably, I can say things nicer, but to be honest, I'm talking to a bunch of randos on a political channel for a 2D spessman game. To my knowledge and memory, I've never launched a bad faith attack on an LGBT member. If something I said really did hurt you, I apologize.

Shoutouts: Blurbo for cherrypicking these quotes. You'll make Discord Mod one day.

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: [Discord Ban Appeal] Because No Reason Given So Why Not

Post by Armhulen » #590422

Hey, here's your real ban reason, I'll add it to your OP.

Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Discord Ban Appeal] Because No Reason Given So Why Not

Post by Hulkamania » #590424

Using a funny word now and again is one thing, using them repeatedly and coming up with new and inventive ways to call someone a bad name easily falls into the bigotry camp.

I also ran this by one of the headmins before making the ban and they agreed after looking into it themselves. I have no reason to overturn this, and the prospects of a headmin overturn looks slim.