[Atlanta-ned] Klungeshot- note appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Nice Blokeism

[Atlanta-ned] Klungeshot- note appeal

Post by Nice Blokeism » #597773

BYOND account: Klungeshot
Character name: Mitchell Farney
Ban type: Note
Note reason: Warned - WGW PDA spam. Throw them in the trash forever if they do this again.
Time ban was placed: 2021-04-10 22:21:49
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: Not sure, not listed on the note
Your side of the story: At the start of the round a lawyer PDA'd to everyone WGW, i found this amusing as they got instantly deleted from existence so i told the AI to do it expecting to be declined and sent it over pda, i got deleted from existence and immediately bwoinked for it, i was told i would be Perma banned if i did it again and that it was spam and when I clarified that it was sent to a single person once and thus didnt fall under spam he said that it was and closed the ahelp
Why you think you should be unbanned: Unnecessary note, it was sent once to a single person.
Anything else we should know: The note itself doesnt bother me its just the fact that it posits that if i do it recommends i be perma banned, this seems unreasonable to me as I who sent it once to a single person and the lawyer who sent it to everyone with their cartridge got, to my knowledge, the same note with the same weight of perma ban if it happens again.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: [Atlanta-ned] Klungeshot- note appeal

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #597803

The permaban threat is simply there to ensure you don't spam WGW again. It's very easy to not get permabanned for spamming WGW if you simply do not spam WGW. I see no reason to amend the note unless a headmin disagrees with my assessment.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Nice Blokeism

Post by Nice Blokeism » #597810

The permaban threat is simply there to ensure you don't spam WGW again. It's very easy to not get permabanned for spamming WGW if you simply do not spam WGW.
I dont disagree that this isnt something very difficult to not do im appealing on the principle that I didnt spam and thus at the very least that accusation was false. I also dislike the veritable damocles sword hanging over my head at all times. The fact that I have never sent WGW before and dont intend to again doesnt relieve the weight of what is more or less a punishment.

I liken it to having an unloaded gun with the safety on pointed at my head, i know its not gunna fire but nonetheless i dont want it there
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #597835

Oxford dictionary defines spam as "irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the internet to a large number of recipients". One reading of WGW certainly fits under that.

My suggestion would be to not read WGW again, in which case you can finally sleep soundly at night knowing you will not be banned for reading WGW again because it's literally impossible to accidentally paste erotic fanfiction in the talk box.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #598651

Note stands as is.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are