567Turtle
Byond Username: 567Turtle

[PositiveEntropy] 567Turtle - Ban Appeal

Post by 567Turtle » #598342

b]BYOND account:[/b] 567Turtle
Character name: Frank Matthews
Ban type: All servers
Ban length: 14 Days
Ban reason: As Captain, beat the chef to near-death after the chef non-lethally attempted to stop him from stealing the microwave. Used stolen microwave to perform an execution on the Head of Personnel, under the assumption that they were a traitor, violating MRP Rule 6 "Deal with the bad guys in proportion to their crime(s)".
Time ban was placed: 2021-04-18 22:37:28
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 160555
Your side of the story: I executed the HoP for having traitor equipment without reporting it to anybody. This is obviously proof that they're a traitor! To insure the station stays intact for as long as possible they were executed. They were executed in the most humane way possible, I placed a microwave next to them, placing a fork inside and then activating it, which blew up and killed them. I obtained the microwave by taking it from the kitchen, the chef didn't like that and took my baton and beat me with it, I then arrested them with the help of an officer and gave them a few curtesy kicks.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was banned for TWO WEEKS for breaking one minor rule, I believe this is extremely unfair. It should have been a few hours, maybe a day. I have 100+ hours in the game and believe I am mostly well liked in the community.
References of good conduct: I was banned from the entire codebase, so I haven't played any other servers since the ban.
Anything else we should know: I don't think there's anything relevant I could state here.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [PositiveEntropy] 567Turtle - Ban Appeal

Post by Vekter » #598345

For the record, that's not how bans work - you can play on downstreams (like Bee) even if you're banned here.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Imaginos
Byond Username: PositiveEntropy

Re: [PositiveEntropy] 567Turtle - Ban Appeal

Post by Imaginos » #598348

Hello there, thanks for appealing!

Its a two-week ban because considering not only what has happened, you had a rather poor note history for many things. I've even noted you in the same round for IC in OOC. I will be rewording your note, however, as it lacked certain info that was pertinent to the ban.

The Head of Personnel you executed, was a non-antagonist, and the syndicate drop pod beside them is a random event that can rarely occur. Even if the Head of Personnel was a traitor, you shouldn't in character, escalate to executions for them having contraband. This is because in Roleplay Rule 6, it states you should punish someone accordingly to their infraction. Possession of contraband, even if they were a traitor, isn't grounds for an execution. You also shouldn't have near-critted the Chef, when you wordlessly attempted to take the microwave for the execution of the HoP.

After some reflection, I'm willing to reduce your ban for one week, and also a reworded note to better suit the new context. The role ban will remain until the time expires, however.

"As Captain, beat the chef to near-crit after the chef non-lethally attempted to stop him from stealing the microwave. Used the stolen microwave to perform an execution on the Head of Personnel, a non-antagonist, under the assumption that they were a traitor (they weren't). This violates MRP Rule 6 "Deal with the bad guys in proportion to their crime(s)". Taking into account your previous history, this ban has been applied for you to shape up and clean your act."
Hello! I'm PositiveEntropy, Spritetainer and AdminTrainer extraordinaire! If you feel like sending any feedback, you may be interested in checking it out here.