Appeals which have been closed.
RainbowSwaggins
Byond Username: RainbowSwaggins

[O0cyann0o] RainbowSwaggins - chaos magicarp conflict

Post by RainbowSwaggins » #601674

b]BYOND account:[/b] RainbowSwaggins
Character name: Chaos Magicarp
Ban type: Server and Ghost roles

Ban length: Original ban message said 1440 minutes (1 day), but on reconnect it says 21 days.
Ban reason: As a chaos magicarp, fired several fireballs into a packed medbay in order to harm the one person who hit a fellow carp. Did not seem to understand that what they did was wrong.

Time ban was placed: 2021-06-01 02:36:49
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 163274

Your side of the story: So late into the round I become magicarp. To my knowledge our master (Homes Hippo) was not a xenobiologist. We hang around until she gets the megashark she wanted then run off to the rage cage with her. She somehow gets crit by someone and the megashark and I run her to the medical bay. We arrive to the medbay and a doctor pulls out a revolver and shoots my megashark buddy seemingly for no reason. I shoot a couple random projectiles at them, and one happened to be a fireball. Worth noting that she was surrounded by atleast 2 other people unrelated to the incident. She loses a limb and runs away, I follow and cast fireball again, killing me and putting her into crit. Both the doctor and the xenobiologist were later healed and fine, minus a few limbs.

Why you think you should be unbanned: My interpretation of slave roles, (i.e. Cyborg, mind slaves, other ghost roles) is that you are intended to follow your text blurb when you spawn to the best of your ability. For sentient potion mobs, that is to serve your master. My master's life was being threatened by the doctor, so I acted to protect her. I'll admit I probably should have waited for them in a hallway to prevent collateral damage and i'm sorry for messing with the round of any unrelated players. While I believe the initial action of the doctor gunning down the shark unprovoked is borderline griefy, I realize escalation rules are heavily relaxed with xenomobs compared to crew roles.

Anything else we should know: First appeal i've ever written in 4 years of playing. I believe the ban may have been increased afterwards in regards to my note history, but most of my notes are dated and the ban length seems out of proportion with what happened.

I did doublechecked after the round to see if I was wrong, but I cannot find any precedent or mention in the rules about xenomobs. I find this odd as xenobiology mobs usually tend to cause a lot of chaos regardless of how they are used.
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Re: [O0cyann0o] RainbowSwaggins - chaos magicarp conflict

Post by cSeal » #601679

Hello there

Ill address the rest of this later, but first off- I did not mean to ban you for 21 days. I intended to ban you for a day, as well as from ghost roles for 3 weeks, but I was handling quite a few things at the time and forgot to switch the ban type. I've fixed the ban type, and reduced it to 1 week, since in hindsight it was a bit harsh.
► Show Spoiler
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #601776

Sorry for taking a while to respond, stuff came up today.

You already acknowledged the fact that you should've waited to resolve the situation to avoid harming people who were unrelated, but id like to comment on the first part of this appeal
My interpretation of slave roles, (i.e. Cyborg, mind slaves, other ghost roles) is that you are intended to follow your text blurb when you spawn to the best of your ability. For sentient potion mobs, that is to serve your master. My master's life was being threatened by the doctor, so I acted to protect her.
Your masters life was never threatened by the doctor
https://imgur.com/a/dm8UH8v
Attack logs from https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/163 ... attack.txt.
The only person fired at by the doctor was the carp, they made no attempts to attack your master. And while its true your master was in crit and needed medical attention, they also made no attempt to deny your master medical attention. The actions you took served no purpose other than to get revenge for the killing of the carp, which was not something your master ordered, so what your objectives are as a sentient potion spawn is irrelevant.

As I said before, I have edited the ban type to what it originally was meant to be, and reduced the ban length to one week as in hindsight it was a bit too harsh, especially since your recent note history is crystal clear and this seems to just be a slip up, but that's as far as I'm willing to go. Unless you have any information I missed, want me to clarify something, or a headmin wants to step in, I really have nothing else to say.
► Show Spoiler
RainbowSwaggins
Byond Username: RainbowSwaggins

Post by RainbowSwaggins » #601785

cSeal wrote:Sorry for taking a while to respond, stuff came up today.

You already acknowledged the fact that you should've waited to resolve the situation to avoid harming people who were unrelated, but id like to comment on the first part of this appeal
My interpretation of slave roles, (i.e. Cyborg, mind slaves, other ghost roles) is that you are intended to follow your text blurb when you spawn to the best of your ability. For sentient potion mobs, that is to serve your master. My master's life was being threatened by the doctor, so I acted to protect her.
Your masters life was never threatened by the doctor
https://imgur.com/a/dm8UH8v
Attack logs from scrubby.
The only person fired at by the doctor was the carp, they made no attempts to attack your master. And while its true your master was in crit and needed medical attention, they also made no attempt to deny your master medical attention. The actions you took served no purpose other than to get revenge for the killing of the carp, which was not something your master ordered, so what your objectives are as a sentient potion spawn is irrelevant.

As I said before, I have edited the ban type to what it originally was meant to be, and reduced the ban length to one week as in hindsight it was a bit too harsh, especially since your recent note history is crystal clear and this seems to just be a slip up, but that's as far as I'm willing to go. Unless you have any information I missed, want me to clarify something, or a headmin wants to step in, I really have nothing else to say.

Thanks for the response.

The adjusted ghost role ban length is fine by me given the circumstances. I've been playing on and off through long breaks so I did not realize the chaos magicarp spell pool was adjusted to shoot absurd spells like fireball more often, though I should have considered that to be a possibility.

This can be resolved unless someone wishes to clarify on escalation relating to sentience potion spawns.

Thanks again