Legoscape - The Noteining.

Appeals which have been closed.
legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Legoscape - The Noteining.

Post by legoscape » #602994

Read Before Post: I'm appealing multiple notes in series and to prevent a large number of posts that fill up the ban appeals. More egregious notes after 2019 will have their own posts and will not be in here.

BYOND account: Legoscape
Character name: Jessica Sulivard
Ban type: Note
Ban reason:
2017-11-01 07:08:22 | Sybil | Ausops | 0h Living Playtime
On probation until end of year. --- UPDATE: It is now 2018, no longer on probation.
Time ban was placed: 2017-11-01
Server you were playing on when banned: All of them
Your side of the story: I did a lot of bad shit when I was very young and it came and bit me. But I did appeal and got unbanned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: This is just a filler note that should have been removed a while ago!

Ban reason:
2018-04-17 18:23:27 | Bagil | BebeYoshi | 0h Living Playtime
Warned about Netspeak in IC.
Time ban was placed: 2018-04-17
Your side of the story: This was a warning about netspeak but I'm very hazy what actually occurred, I'm completely blank on what happened.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've not been warned about netspeak in IC since and I think this old note does not serve any purpose!

Ban reason: 2018-04-18 23:14:49 | Bagil | Nabski | 0h Living Playtime
code blue random search warning.
Time ban was placed: 2018-04-18
Your side of the story: I had reasonable belief that the crew member I searched had stolen something and I was wrong. I believed this because they looked like another person!
Why you think you should be unbanned: Reasonable cause should not be notable for searching, And in this case in particular was not random I did have reasonable cause.

Ban reason: 2018-05-15 17:11:58 | Bagil | Ausops | 0h Living Playtime
Shot up someone who was killing a pirate on a shuttle. Claims they did not know it was a pirate in the chaos of things.
Time ban was placed: 2018-05-15
Your side of the story: I still funny enough remember parts of this shift, I was an officer and we were in the middle of dealing with a buttload of traitors and even pirates. They broke into the armory and looted our guns. A crew member had been wearing the SAME exact gear as a pirate raider, Outfit, and even saber sword!
Why you think you should be unbanned: We just got done dealing with fighting the pirates back from the escape doors on meta. It had looked like one was rushing on the shuttle to attack more people and that's where I killed one of our crew! I had no way of knowing he was a bad guy his id, His name he had a mask on and I just could not tell.

Shot up someone who was killing a pirate on a shuttle. Claims they did not know it was a pirate in the chaos of things.
Your side of the story: I still funny enough remember parts of this shift, I was an officer and we were in the middle of dealing with a buttload of traitors and even pirates. They broke into the armory and looted our guns. A crew member had been wearing the SAME exact gear as a pirate raider, Outfit, and even saber sword!
Why you think you should be unbanned: We just got done dealing with fighting the pirates back from the escape doors on meta. It had looked like one was rushing on the shuttle to attack more people and that's where I killed one of our crew! I had no way of knowing he was a bad guy his id, His name he had a mask on and I just could not tell.

Ban reason: 2018-10-21 07:06:53 | Bagil | Elyina | 0h Living Playtime
Banned from lava land - Activated self-destruct on the syndicate lava land base for no reason at all.
Time ban was placed: 2018-10-21
Your side of the story: I honestly was one hundred percent dumb here and there is no story. I got really bored and blew up lavaland base for no reason.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have learned it's better to not be a total dickhole and ruin potential content for other people with ghost roles such as lavaland. I now know it's better to a-help or pray to an admin to give my body away as a role. I apologize for this mistake.

Ban reason: 2018-11-14 05:12:29 | Bagil | Coconutwarrior97 | 0h Living Playtime
Warning - OOC in IC, used cap's announcement to say *slaps the revolutionaries asses*.
Time ban was placed: 2018-11-14
Your side of the story: This was a fucking stupid joke that was going around in the server a bunch. I remember the announcement was "*slaps revolutionaries asses, This ass can get kicked so much" or something along the lines. It was just after we absolutely deleted revolutionaries.
Why you think you should be unbanned: This was an absolutely terrible awful joke. When I look at it. But I've not done anything with the announcement system like this ever since. I apologize for my dumbassery.

Ban reason: 2018-11-15 07:48:39 | Bagil | KangTut | 0h Living Playtime
OOC in IC - "your a metabuddy arent you?" This is the second one we've seen in two days. Any more inccidents and we're going to have to start banning you for this.
Time ban was placed: 2018-11-15
Your side of the story: I got absolutely pissed at this gang of two who were being absolute shitters and just fucking with the station.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Even if you get pissed at people, That's no right to break the rules of the server, I still have issue with this particular note situation every now and again when players who I believe are shitters. However, I've mostly been able to keep it to myself!

Ban reason: 2018-12-04 22:16:28 | Bagil | Subject217 | 0h Living Playtime
Warned - In War Ops, went around cutting all the wires on a bunch of airlocks in maint. He claims that he was trying to fuck with the ops but what he actually ended up doing was shocking a ton of crewmembers many times. Told him he should avoid doing things like this in the future and he understood.
Time ban was placed: 2018-12-04
Your side of the story: I had a "smart" idea to bolt and shock all the maintenance onboard the station to keep the fighting in the main hallways and so e-mags were not effective and so when someone went down they were not dragged away in maintenance.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believed this was a very effective Idea and I had even informed the crew multiple times that they shouldn't go into maintenance and I did tell them what I was doing. I tried my best to prevent people from going into maint but I should have just bolted them shut so players wouldn't have gotten shocked. This was a fuck up that did eventually get a crew member almost killed in the beginning and I have learned to NOT DO THIS SHIT.

Ban reason: 2019-09-01 15:55:15 | Sybil | Vile Beggar | 0h Living Playtime
Warned - told not to shock airlocks for no reason in particular as a purged AI
Time ban was placed: 2019-09-01
Your side of the story: This was the time I was being an absolute dipshit with AI and Cyborgs in general, I never really understood the law set of ai and self-antaging works. I was under the impression that a lawless AI is basically an AI that does whatever it wanted but I didn't understand the rules back then as I do now.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I ate I believe a ban for being a dumbass in the past and this helped me learn how to play as AI more effectively. I've not received any issues as AI or related roles after this event.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: Legoscape - The Noteining.

Post by Mothblocks » #603007

Old notes, like a year-ish, are hidden by default. By appealing older notes under the reason of "well it hasn't happened since!", you are guaranteed to lose because the note is an accurate representation of what happened, and it's so old that it's not worth caring about. All you do is make your appeal harder to parse.

You cannot reasonably expect every single admin involved in all these notes to try and handle them all in this thread, it's the equivalent to ten people talking at the same time.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Post by legoscape » #603011

Jaredfogle wrote:Old notes, like a year-ish, are hidden by default. By appealing older notes under the reason of "well it hasn't happened since!", you are guaranteed to lose because the note is an accurate representation of what happened, and it's so old that it's not worth caring about. All you do is make your appeal harder to parse.

You cannot reasonably expect every single admin involved in all these notes to try and handle them all in this thread, it's the equivalent to ten people talking at the same time.
I wanted to make a proper appeal that does essentially what I want by not flooding ban appeals. I want to clean my old notes so they go away.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #603014

Has it occurred to you that old faded notes look a lot better then trying to make headmins/10 janitors litigate old faded notes in one thread? If your concern is preserving your reputation this is a massive fail.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #603022

It's worth noting that admins very rarely take into account notes that have faded because we're rational human beings that understand you might've changed since then. The only instances where that might happen would be if you've shown a constant disregard for a specific rule. In this case, these notes are all from 2018 and 2019, so I can promise you that you've nothing to be worried about from these.

The only way a note can be removed is if it's proven the note is inaccurate.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #603023

As per FNR rule 9, I'll take on the task of reviewing all of the notes by admins who have since retired.
9. If you are appealing a ban from a retired administrator, an active admin may answer at their discretion. The admin taking over should make as much known as soon as they begin investigation.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #603025

legoscape wrote:BYOND account: Legoscape
Ban reason:
2017-11-01 07:08:22 | Sybil | Ausops | 0h Living Playtime
On probation until end of year. --- UPDATE: It is now 2018, no longer on probation.
Time ban was placed: 2017-11-01
Server you were playing on when banned: All of them
Your side of the story: I did a lot of bad shit when I was very young and it came and bit me. But I did appeal and got unbanned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: This is just a filler note that should have been removed a while ago!
This note is a factual statement of your previous probation, there is no reason to remove or alter it.

Ban reason: 2018-04-18 23:14:49 | Bagil | Nabski | 0h Living Playtime
code blue random search warning.
Time ban was placed: 2018-04-18
Your side of the story: I had reasonable belief that the crew member I searched had stolen something and I was wrong. I believed this because they looked like another person!
Why you think you should be unbanned: Reasonable cause should not be notable for searching, And in this case in particular was not random I did have reasonable cause.
This occurred so long ago the raw logs are no longer easily accessible. Barring any further evidence you can provide I see no reason not to trust the original admin's judgement, and so no reason to remove or alter the note.

This occurred so long ago the raw logs are no longer easily accessible. Barring any further evidence you can provide I see no reason not to trust the original admin's judgement, and so no reason to remove or alter the note.

Ban reason: 2018-10-21 07:06:53 | Bagil | Elyina | 0h Living Playtime
Banned from lava land - Activated self-destruct on the syndicate lava land base for no reason at all.
Time ban was placed: 2018-10-21
Your side of the story: I honestly was one hundred percent dumb here and there is no story. I got really bored and blew up lavaland base for no reason.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have learned it's better to not be a total dickhole and ruin potential content for other people with ghost roles such as lavaland. I now know it's better to a-help or pray to an admin to give my body away as a role. I apologize for this mistake.
The note is factually correct as per your admission here. I see no reason to remove or alter it.

Ban reason: 2018-11-15 07:48:39 | Bagil | KangTut | 0h Living Playtime
OOC in IC - "your a metabuddy arent you?" This is the second one we've seen in two days. Any more inccidents and we're going to have to start banning you for this.
Time ban was placed: 2018-11-15
Your side of the story: I got absolutely pissed at this gang of two who were being absolute shitters and just fucking with the station.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Even if you get pissed at people, That's no right to break the rules of the server, I still have issue with this particular note situation every now and again when players who I believe are shitters. However, I've mostly been able to keep it to myself!
The note is factually correct as per your admission here. I see no reason to remove or alter it.

Ban reason: 2018-12-04 22:16:28 | Bagil | Subject217 | 0h Living Playtime
Warned - In War Ops, went around cutting all the wires on a bunch of airlocks in maint. He claims that he was trying to fuck with the ops but what he actually ended up doing was shocking a ton of crewmembers many times. Told him he should avoid doing things like this in the future and he understood.
Time ban was placed: 2018-12-04
Your side of the story: I had a "smart" idea to bolt and shock all the maintenance onboard the station to keep the fighting in the main hallways and so e-mags were not effective and so when someone went down they were not dragged away in maintenance.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believed this was a very effective Idea and I had even informed the crew multiple times that they shouldn't go into maintenance and I did tell them what I was doing. I tried my best to prevent people from going into maint but I should have just bolted them shut so players wouldn't have gotten shocked. This was a fuck up that did eventually get a crew member almost killed in the beginning and I have learned to NOT DO THIS SHIT.

Ban reason: 2019-09-01 15:55:15 | Sybil | Vile Beggar | 0h Living Playtime
Warned - told not to shock airlocks for no reason in particular as a purged AI
Time ban was placed: 2019-09-01
Your side of the story: This was the time I was being an absolute dipshit with AI and Cyborgs in general, I never really understood the law set of ai and self-antaging works. I was under the impression that a lawless AI is basically an AI that does whatever it wanted but I didn't understand the rules back then as I do now.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I ate I believe a ban for being a dumbass in the past and this helped me learn how to play as AI more effectively. I've not received any issues as AI or related roles after this event.

I would appreciate it if you edited your original post to highlight the remaining notes not covered here, so they can be identified and considered by the admins who placed them.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #603035

These notes are so old we highly doubt they would ever be considered relevant by any administrator.
If you have any recent notes/bans you wish to appeal because you believe they are inaccurate/unfair you are free to do so, but this appeal is denied.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Deny.
Jimmius: Deny.
Naloac: Deny.