Appeals which have been closed.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

[Unknown Admin] FantasticFwoosh - Noticeless forum permaban

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #610318

BYOND account: FantasticFwoosh
Character name: FantasticFwoosh
Ban type: Forum, downgraded from hut/offtopic contained
Ban length: Permanent, no access to any boards but ban appeals.
Ban reason: Unknown, hazard a guess someone holding the keys of power didn't like me or my latest series of posts.
Time ban was placed: 2 months ago, no notice so wasn't datemarked with accuracy.
Server you were playing on when banned: No server, just the forum, /tg/ is bunkered atm so i can't determine the accuracy of my status right now.
Round ID in which ban was placed: [N/A]
Your side of the story: Posting in offtopic, suddenly kicked to ban apppeals, checked my PM's and nothing, then checked my email, also nothing. I went along with my life and doing other things, occasionally digg post orange-man bad. Perhaps a little shocked at the time, but mostly confused, I would least like a rational explanation so I can let it lie.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It doesn't effectively make the forum any worse for revoking it and either result gives me closure. Talk of /tg/ classic forks and as a nuclear option picqued my interest.
References of good conduct:My commitments as a maintainer for another server, and active contributor, and any recent interactions with /tg/ community members can probably say im tolerable if not possibly slightly better praise.
Anything else we should know: Waiting 2 months has been fine, i have the patience if the admins are too tangled up in things right now to address this, but im eager to get in while the drama is hot. I recently burnt out on SS13 broadly, and stopped connecting to /tg/ over a year ago so returning to offtopic containment is the correct place for me.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: [Unknown Admin] FantasticFwoosh - Noticeless forum permaban

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #610333

Pretty sure it was because all the hut bans were converted to forum bans back when deedubya appealed

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=28221

Found it
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #610348

Well honestly given that it was literally May - June-ish, the uptake on actually doing it seems suspect like i said before. I forgot about memberships given they're built around irrelevant archaic structure (I can probably only find a few people who change theirs actively, searching around), but I checked it again since the (awfully handled on both sides) link you posted @XivilaiAnaxes mentioned it and it helps clarify what im dealing with here.
Spoiler:
I can understand deedubya's dilemma in not wanting to talk to any of the people who've been stifling his appeals, and they answered in their own time, contradicting member-detail advice to slap down a public ruling so no less than 3 headmins will have time to come here eventually.

Also contradicting the "no targeted action" sentiment here, because the membership for "Soft Forum Banned" wasn't applied till May - June so there is a smoking gun since it appears someoene got out of bed the wrong side that morning and felt vigilant enough after being public in offtopic for so long presumably just for my content so i could get "cancelled" or whatever trendies say nowadays. ~ I feel confident enough that since this has been left for so long and circumstances that people really really didn't care whether i was posting in public for a extended period of 4 months longer than deedubya, that it has been mismanagement and strive for trying to fufill a one-off amnesty for myself & anybody in a similar position if one could be agreed.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #612068

Hi sorry, didn't see this until I was pinged today. Yes there was some jank when the hut went down and then someone noticed the hut role no longer worked so mass softbans were applied indiscriminately. I think in the other cases of this we've just removed the posting restrictions and you don't seem to have any kind of noted bad history so I'll do that here too, sorry about all that.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #612070

Should be working fine now, check that you can post in the usual boards (you do still have a FNR post approval, seems unrelated so I left it) and then this is resolved
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #612201

Appears to work, yes thank you. Much appreciated.

I havent had this much freedom to move around the board in literal years.