[Creationpro & Subtlegraces] Permanent Ban.

Appeals which have been closed.
CodySS13

[Creationpro & Subtlegraces] Permanent Ban.

Post by CodySS13 » #75607

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1744 <--The first appeal

First of all I'd like to start off by saying the reason why I was banned was not one of my proudest moments and I'd like to ask for another chance as people have different motives and intentions after this long of a time, it has been almost 6 months since that ban and I've been missing playing on /tg/station 13 with all of my friends whom still play on the server. Also some of the information is from the previous thread as I find it important.

Byond account and character name:
  • #1 - Zalvious99091 as ;unknown;
  • #2 - CodySS13 as ;unknown;
<--- My new account I made.
(Additional information can be found on the original thread)

Banning admin(s):
  • Subtlegraces
  • Creationpro

Ban reason(s) and length(s):
  • Ban #1: The first ban was from an admin which their name I cannot remember. The reason for the first ban was I put a man in critical condition, stuffed him in a locker, then gave him a one way ticket to space. The reason I had murdered this man was from him provoking others and myself, I was waiting in the HOP line to get a job change, I walked over to a group of people knocking, shoving, pushing, and displacing others. I stepped into line, two of them went behind me the man was punched, displaced, and knocked down next to me. I was then very aggravated, not only from a long day but from a few "JERKS" that decided it would be funny to mess with me in the HOP line. I TEND to enjoy taking this game serious in an RP manner, but when it comes to people displacing, pushing, and shoving for no reason... my blood pressure rises a bit. I don't fully understand why, but it does. Anyways back to the story, I was in line with these people and they were getting on my nerves. So I decided to step in after being tossed around for a bit, so I knocked the person out and started beating their body in, as I finished I ran to a locker near where the space shuttle arrives and shoved his almost lifeless corpse into a locker. I then took the locker, opened an airlock, and off he goes. So about 30 seconds later, (I give credit to the admins responding so fast) the admin messaged me and explained to me what I did was wrong, and so on. So I ATTEMPTED to share my story with him/her, but he/she really didn't care as the admin logs show all. Anyways this whole situation was aggravating and I didn't really care to argue with an admin that wasn't going to listen, along with the security officers that were near the HOP line and refused to even help anyone that was getting beaten, displaced, shoved, pushed, or punched.
  • Ban #2: Approximately 10-15 minutes later I hopped on my other account and started playing again, as /tg/station 13 is the only server that I play on and would hope to never be permanently banned. I then continued to play for hours later, without being banished from the server, after a few hours I had another problem with another player who was randomly attacking me, etc. So I thought for a moment in my head and decided to ask an admin for help, I wanted to make sure it wasn't random, because just maybe that person was a traitor, or an antagonist. So I used the 'adminhelp' function and got a response, I explained my story, and then I had gotten no response from the admin, so I said forget it, it's fine. Then a little while after I was messaged by the admin and informed by them that I had an active ban and that I would be banned for evading the active ban. I again tried to explain my story, and my story was once again ignored. I was very upset due to the fact that for one, I couldn't play and for two, my story was still untold to an admin. Anyways long story short I now know that I shouldn't evade bans whilst an active ban is engaged.
  • Conclusion: You may think that I took it too far with murdering and spacing the man, but in the position that I was in with security doing nothing, (even when I was punching his body in) and no one saying anything whatsoever, in my state-of-mind it was the correct thing to do at the time. I know this sounds kind of cheesy, but I do apologize to the man that I killed.
Time ban was placed (including time zone):
  • Friday, October 17, 2014 @ around 5-7pm EST. (Not entirely sure *My memory is terrible*)
Why you think you should be unbanned?:
  • The reason I think I deserve another chance is because I truly do love this server, and I take pride in playing on it knowing that it's the only server that I play on, even though there are problems sometimes. I do agree that I took it too far in murdering an annoying man. The ban evasion part I really don't know how to go over it, because I didn't know that it was wrong in a sense, I'm saying it never crossed my mind.
  • The other reason why I think I should be unbanned is because this is the only server I would EVER play on SS13, none of the others interest me and this one really does, it has a great community and a great group of admins who enforce the rules. This server is also the only server that my 6+ other friends play on, and I would just love to receive another chance to relive the old memories that were "positive".

Thanks again for your time.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Creationpro & Subtlegraces] Permanent Ban.

Post by Vekter » #75615

SubtleGraces no longer admins for us, so I'll stand in his place.

Do you understand that we don't permit random murder on our server? "He was disarming everyone and bumping us around" isn't a valid reason for murder, and it most certainly isn't one for spacing the body (read: effectively removing that person from the round). Do you comprehend why this is a bad thing and why it won't be tolerated?

Secondly, do you understand why your ban was upped to a permaban? We do not under any circumstances permit ban evasion. Ever. Multikeying is an outright permaban for any reason. If you are unbanned your second key will remain banned, and any attempt to connect from another key at the same IP will lead to you being gone for good. Is this acceptable?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
CodySS13

Post by CodySS13 » #75630

Vekter wrote:SubtleGraces no longer admins for us, so I'll stand in his place.

Do you understand that we don't permit random murder on our server? "He was disarming everyone and bumping us around" isn't a valid reason for murder, and it most certainly isn't one for spacing the body (read: effectively removing that person from the round). Do you comprehend why this is a bad thing and why it won't be tolerated?

Secondly, do you understand why your ban was upped to a permaban? We do not under any circumstances permit ban evasion. Ever. Multikeying is an outright permaban for any reason. If you are unbanned your second key will remain banned, and any attempt to connect from another key at the same IP will lead to you being gone for good. Is this acceptable?
That's very understandable and acceptable, like I said before what I did wasn't one of my proudest moments of my life. I'd like to thank you for your quick and thorough response. I've taken the time to reread all rules and things that many benefit me from never being banned again.

P.S. "IF" I do become unbanned is it possible that I could keep CodySS13, as Zalvious99091 is no longer an account I use?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #75631

If you were to be unbanned, we would unban only the codyss13 account and all your previous notes would be transferred to that account.

We would be willing to unban you if you would agree to a six-month probationary period. Any major rules violations (random murder or worse) would result in you being re-permabanned for no less than a year. Is that acceptable?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

CodySS13

Post by CodySS13 » #75632

Vekter wrote:If you were to be unbanned, we would unban only the codyss13 account and all your previous notes would be transferred to that account.

We would be willing to unban you if you would agree to a six-month probationary period. Any major rules violations (random murder or worse) would result in you being re-permabanned for no less than a year. Is that acceptable?
I can accept that, I just wish to receive another chance. :)
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #75634

I have no objections to Vekter's decision as long as you agree not to tell lies when in trouble.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
CodySS13

Post by CodySS13 » #75636

CreationPro wrote:I have no objections to Vekter's decision as long as you agree not to tell lies when in trouble.
I can accept and agree to the terms stated by both of you. It's nice to see some of the previous admins from when I was on a long time ago.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #75643

Alright, cause no trouble. I'm adding a caveat per CreationPro that if you lie in an adminhelp I'm instructing the handling admin to ban you on the spot. So don't do it.

Spoiler: