toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

[San7890]Realthoman_ - insane note

Post by toemas » #635231

BYOND account: Realthoman_
Character name: Phillip Thomas
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Time ban was placed: 22-03-28
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 180654
Your side of the story: To summarize: An assistant, Bell Ringer, came to the brig with a fireaxe and began smashing all of the windows and grilles for no apparent reason, leaving the brig open for anyone to enter. I detained this player and took him to the gulag for processing. Bell then began throwing a fit that he was actually getting punished for his actions, calling me a "powertripping shitter" and telling me to "kill myself immediately" I laughed at him and proceeded to gib him on the labor shuttle.
Why you think you should be unbanned: This note is completely ridiculous. This player displayed blatant bad faith, he was destroying the brig and leaving my department open to looting, and then told me to kill myself when i punished him for it. Me gibbing him is absolutely deserved, and i think anyone in my situation would have done just about the same. I find it somewhat baffling that the admin chose to punish me for this. I believe that griefing random people and chucking insults at them, then ahelping when they kill you for it, is quite clearly ban-baiting, and its been established in the past that its valid for security to round remove you if you grief them FNR.
References of good conduct: i havent gotten a note regarding escalation in nearly a year(?) and i believe i've cleaned up my behavior since then. I was a bit of a shitter when i was a newer player but i think im better than that now.
Anything else we should know: This is NOT the first time this player has engaged in self antagging activity towards security and then ahelped when he got killed for it. There was a situation that happened about a month ago, very similar to this one, where the admin removed the note, and even implied that he was ban-baiting. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30961
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Re: [San7890]Realthoman_ - insane note

Post by san7890 » #635234

Hey there,

As mentioned in the ticket, I don't think the player's behavior actually mattered, and I do not think that any of their behavior in regards to other players and their appeals matters since we're only focusing on this situation in particular. I am not going to base my administrative decisions on the supposed behavior of the players who actually AHELP. With all of this being said, I actually spoke it over with the other admins after our conversation ended, and I realized that I missed out on the following in Security policy:

During the round, didn't think the player deserved to be round removed, but given some distance between me actually talking to you in the conversation and speaking about it in #admin-chatter, I realized that you were reacting to me judging you a bit too harshly. I was more concerned that by not taking action that I might contribute to another problem that tends to come around Sybil every three months or so: that being that the players who start maining security start being more-and-more cutthroat towards players for varying reasons. I thought that a note would sort-of help deter that sort of behavior, but I realize that that sort of measure was unwarranted. I have my personal feelings on the subject, but I just completely forgot that section I highlighted above. Great apologies for that.

I'll login in a few minutes and lift the note. Have a good rest of your day.

Addendum: The note has now been deleted.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Re: [San7890]Realthoman_ - insane note

Post by toemas » #635236

ok cool thanks