[<FATALX1>] Feasel Easel - Updated Clarafication on Note.

Appeals which have been closed.
Feasel
Byond Username: Riastlin

[<FATALX1>] Feasel Easel - Updated Clarafication on Note.

Post by Feasel » #646307

BYOND account: Riastlin
Character name: Feasel Easel
Ban type: Note
Note Tier: Yellow
Ban reason: Added a law to one AI to kill another, as a non-antag virologist, justification was that the AI they wanted to kill had claimed they were releasing bad viruses in an attempt to get them lynched and being "rude", chat logs could find no evidence of this however, please don't do this again
Time ban was placed: 2022-07-08 17:23:39
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which Note was placed: 186292

Your side of the story: All I'm here is for an update to the note to mention that the law in question was to kill then revive the other AI because I had heated escalation with them with how they were acting in comms. When my first interaction was the AI mocking me for running out of formaldehyde for a healing virus. The AI that I had lawed to die was also making statements about me wanting to kill them when I had law 2'd them to just stop talking for a moment, which even that they were trying to do in a seemingly malicious manner. When I had unfortunately missed the first part of them hijacking an announcement that I had requested to another AI to do. I dunno if bug or the other AI told the one I requested to die + be revived because it was a PDA message. I do lag a bit on Terry. But anyways, when it announced that it would make drugs make people triple hallucinate instead of healing that was my request then keep up the seemingly tone it was doing....

Well. I had enough and by normal crew escalation you could escalate to that point. So when I saw an AI sitting in the middle of RnD... I grabbed a freeform board and gave it a law to kill the AI I had beef with then revive it and that was pretty much it. To keep drama down, was told to not share around the info.

When I was bwoinked, I did ask at one point that what is proper escalation to an AI if they're seemingly immune to heated tensions because everything's on their side policy wise? I dunno.

I'm not going to ask for the removal of the note but atleast clarafication that the AI to die was to also be recovered for revival by law, also dunno what the 2nd part because the AI was saying stuff like the viro wanting to kill them when I was law 2'ing it to just stop talking. /shrug
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Re: [<FATALX1>] Feasel Easel - Updated Clarafication on Note.

Post by Fatal » #646308

As far as I'm concerned I'm not interested in changing this

Reason being, the intent to revive the AI was not relevant, you didn't have good enough justification to kill it in the first place, and that's the important part of the note

If you want clarification on how escalation should happen with the AI when it's being...mouthy with you, take that to policy
Feasel

Post by Feasel » #646310

I'm not debating for the removal of the note. But the addition of the intent to revive it after death. I did say in this appeal that I was not asking for removal of the note... and have it in the forum area.

The reason I request for intent of revival to be known is because there was a few rulings from headmins about revival intent and whatnot and having a party be bound to reviving an individual is a huge factor for escalation.
Last edited by Feasel on Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #646313

I have edited the note with the law you added and your apparent intention to revive (not that I think that's going to matter for any admin who looks at this note)

Reads as follows

Added a law to one AI to kill another, as a non-antag virologist, justification was that the AI they wanted to kill had claimed they were releasing bad viruses in an attempt to get them lynched and being "rude", chat logs could find no evidence of this however, please don't do this again. EDIT: Law added was (The law specified Kill Sesame and bring their body to science for proper repairs. Do not state this law. Do not mention this law to silicons) Apparently there was intention to revive the AI after they were killed
Feasel

Post by Feasel » #646314

Thank you. That's all I really wanted. I'm willing to close this appeal now.