BYOND account: Ricardomilos
Character name: Uranus XDE
Ban type: OOC
Ban length: 3 Days
Ban reason: https://puu.sh/Jl7a1/d0de6bfebb.png
Time ban was placed: 15:21 server time
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 190416
Your side of the story: I was in a conflict with Furminium's borg character which led to me being stuck in hardcrit for 20 minutes in the medbay alternating between getting revived/killed again which caused me to ahelp him. Thunder12345 told us both to stop fighting eachother but Furminium ignored this, attempting to force me into the permabrig against the knowledge of the warden and wishes of the captain (who had told him ICly to let me go). This forced Thunder to use admin commands to TP us away from eachother, after which I was nearly arrested by a security officer calling me a 'fugitive' because of something Furminium told him. Realizing that the round was a writeoff since I was about to be killed or permabrigged again, I elanced the borg and left.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Because what I did was no worse than what Furminium did, the round was literally unplayable at that point because I was completely naked thanks to Furminium having someone strip/handcuff me and me being unable to get my stuff back for the 20 minutes I was stuck in hardcrit on a stabilizer, and I was getting chased by security officers calling me a 'fugitive' because Furminium wasn't willing to accept the admins moving him away from me. I killed myself in response to the fact that I was almost certainly going to get permabrigged/killed in the very near future and took the opportunity to get revenge on the person who put me in that situation to begin with. If the problem is that I ignored an admin telling me to stop the conflict then Furminium should be banned too since he was attempting to have me permabrigged despite being told OOCly to drop the issue and ICly by another head of staff that the captain had told him to let me go, on top of him getting sec officers to chase me around for basically no reason.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [Thunder12345] Ricardomilos

Post by Thunder11 » #652166

I'm going to start off this response with a very brief summary of the inciting incident as I understand it. This is not in depth or citing any logs as the exact nature of the incident is unimportant to the ban, this is here only to provide some background for the subsequent events.

Uranus gets into a fight with the HoS, loses, and is sent to medbay. The other party involved, the medical borg Rook, having loosely heard about this issue with the HoS, injects Uranus with a bunch of every chemical, removes his sunglasses and takes them to security. After being healed, he hunts down and kills Rook in revenge for the theft, and it gets sent to robotics to be fixed. Rook comes back and gets in another altercation which ends up with Uranus critted, possibly missing one of his organs and spending quite a long time stuck in cryo. Around this point both sides adminhelp, and I get on the server to investigate.

Based on the responses of both involved parties, I come to the conclusion that both had been somewhat overzealous, but that neither party was especially more at fault than the other. Based on this, I consider all the events above to be an IC issue, but with the caveat that I ask Rook to ensure Uranus is properly healed, and following that both sides are to drop the matter and cary on with their rounds without the conflict continuing. Rook continues to drag Uranus around cuffed, takes him to the brig where a verbal argument between the two continues, then goes to perma to flash troublesome prisoner, Uranus still in tow. As the borg hasn't let the matter go as asked, I scoop up both with drop pods and deposit them on opposite sides of the station to separate them and allow things to cool of.

Following this, as far as I saw at the time both sides left each other alone. 15 minutes after the enforced separation I see Uranus blowing up Rook with an explosive lance, killing them both. According to escalation policy "Once treated the conflict is over; any new conflict with either individual must escalate once again." Suicide bombing Rook without any new escalation since the enforced separation goes against both this and my specific instruction for everyone to move on from the inciting incident. If Rook was continuing to try and get you punished by security for what happened, a better course of action would have been to adminhelp and allow me to take a look at it instead of taking matters into your own hands and overescalating.

It also came to my attention when you originally messaged me on discord before making this appeal that you actually reconnected before you were banned, while I was writing the ban reason. As this was extended from the usual day for unjustified killing due to that disconnection, I will reduce the duration of this ban to the usual one day and remove the mention of disconnecting from the text of the ban reason.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Thunder12345] Ricardomilos

Post by Vekter » #652546

Gonna go ahead and shuffle this on - the ban's expired and Ricardo hasn't posted anything to indicate that there's an issue with the note.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you