[MrStonedOne] Fren256 - In the future opposite-sex relationships will be outlawed

Appeals which have been closed.
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

[MrStonedOne] Fren256 - In the future opposite-sex relationships will be outlawed

Post by Fren256 » #702146

BYOND account: Fren256
Ban type: Forum warning
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason:
MrStonedOne wrote:Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:25 pm The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=83&p=701908#p701908 .

Borderline sexual orientation bigotry.
Time ban was placed: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:25 pm
Your side of the story: I made a little joke towards the people that complain that Pride symbols are too "political", but someone took it way too seriously and I got hit with a warning.
Why you think you should be unbanned: First of all, I'm going to address the elephant in the room: no, I'm not heterophobic. Being bigoted towards any group is objectively idiotic and would make me as bad as homophobic people.

Now, as for the warning, I don't quite understand how this counts as bigotry towards straight people (I'd appreciate if you actually took the time to explain why you felt it that way). The alternating black and white stripes are known as the "official" heterosexuality flag and are meant to represent women attracted to men and men attracted to women, as well as transhet and aromantic folks. Now, the fact that the pattern is identical to old school prison outfits is a hilarious coincidence, which is the reason behind my post. I didn't make it to offend straight people in general, but only those that take issue with the LGBTQ+ community merely being acknowledged in a fictional setting, because I knew they wouldn't like it as they only really support "straight pride" as a way to counterprotest queer representation in media.
Anything else we should know: Because MSO will most definitely deny and lock this thread in less time than it took me to write it, I'd like to point out something that is important:

I think it's okay for straight people to celebrate their identity. Sexuality is a big spectrum, every single person on this planet fits in it and they should be proud of who they are. With that being said, Pride is not only for celebrating sexual orientation and gender identity, but also to make visible the problems the LGBT community faces to this day, such as the lack of rights and outright criminalisation in other countries, discrimination, hate crimes, etc. Which is why it is important to remember that while you are welcome, you need to respect our spaces, because it's the only few places where we can express ourselves without the fear of being judged or hated.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [MrStonedOne] Fren256 - In the future opposite-sex relationships will be outlawed

Post by oranges » #702224

You got a forum warning for concern trolling.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: [MrStonedOne] Fren256 - In the future opposite-sex relationships will be outlawed

Post by MrStonedOne » #702267

Fren256 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:28 pm
Anything else we should know: Because MSO will most definitely deny and lock this thread in less time than it took me to write it, I'd like to point out something that is important:

I think it's okay for straight people to celebrate their identity. Sexuality is a big spectrum, every single person on this planet fits in it and they should be proud of who they are. With that being said, Pride is not only for celebrating sexual orientation and gender identity, but also to make visible the problems the LGBT community faces to this day, such as the lack of rights and outright criminalisation in other countries, discrimination, hate crimes, etc. Which is why it is important to remember that while you are welcome, you need to respect our spaces, because it's the only few places where we can express ourselves without the fear of being judged or hated.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
Pride is for celebrating unity between people as human beings in the face of hate. When I was in highschool a close friend of mine (who now identifies as pansexual enby, but then identified as a cis-gendered gay person) got the chance to march in Seattle's pride, but was kinda nervous about doing it. So I marched with them in support. Afterwords we partied by the fountain, i got hit on by two seperate guys, and over all had a blast. When I went to school the next year i got a nice touch of homophobia from people who heard I was there. Even then, in 2008, I saw the idea of accusing somebody of being gay because they did x, y, or z, as silly as accusing somebody of liking strawberry syrup on their waffles when they say they like maple. I've gone to pride often since as a straight cisgender white man. Pride is for me, and nothing gatekeepy assholes like yourself can do to change that.

Oh and I can tell you that the lgbt people in my life would agree, that you are a gatekeepy asshole who doesn't speak for them.

Anywho, now that the irrelevant bits of the appeal are out of the way, your explanation seems plausible if a bit misguided (i think its a "hilarious coincidence" that the rainbow colors of a clown match the rainbow unity flag......) and i'll remove the warning.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: