mazur907
Byond Username: Mazur907

[Voudez] Mazur907 - note for stealing nullrod

Post by mazur907 » #706482

BYOND account: Mazur907
Character name: Abdul al qanim
Ban type: note
Ban length: note
Ban reason: As non-antagonist captain stole null rod from chaplain, because they wasnt hunting down wizard and heretics,after wizard died,returned nullrod.Being captain doesnt give right to take items from people to get advantage,please be careful next time
Time ban was placed: 2023-09-12 17:14:29
Server you were playing on when banned:Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 214463
Your side of the story: Well we had a wizard with a modsuit which was using the polymorph staff to annoy and kill people. The only way to ignore the polymorph staff is the nullrod.I went to the chapel and asked the chaplain for his help to kill the wizard or if he would want to trade the nullrod for a makarov or the captain's gun but the chaplain rejected so i had to steal the nullrod. I was going to return the rod after killing the wizard which i did. I didn't really think i would get a note like this, i would do same thing in a cult round.The responsibility of being a chaplain is to deal with magic if you won't do it atleast let someone else do it for you.Wizard was a danger for the crew and someone had to stop him which i did and i returned as well.
I dont really think i deserved the note because i killed the wizard with a stolen nullrod.Also, the chaplain wasnt really using his nullrod when i saw him he was building power cell and rechargers to chapel for his god.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think voudez gave me this note for the "don't be a dick" rule and i don't think i was being a dick. The chaplain forced my hand to steal the nullrod as it is the only solution we had to the polymorph staff. Stealing it was rude but necessary, however, i still returned the nullrod to the chaplain and i think that is a reference to my good intention here. I tried to negotiate with him and he didn't accept.
References of good conduct: I've never received a note like this before,i am usually friendly captain and caring my crews life and i love children and cats
Anything else we should know: -
Voudez
Byond Username: Voudez

Re: [Voudez] Mazur907 - note for stealing nullrod

Post by Voudez » #706506

Sup, thanks for appealing, but I think we gotta look at the circumstances of that round:
  • You are able to fight the wizard without nullrod.
Nullrod just gives you the advantage of magic immunity, which doesn't affect your fighting ability, and by that, I mean you could kill them without it by taking some risks.
  • You are the captain.
You have enough gear to protect or kill someone with it.
  • You are NOT the chaplain.
If you wanted to have a legitimate nullrod, you would choose to play chaplain.
  • The chaplain refused to give you nullrod or fight wizard.
Chaplain is not obligated to fight magic (as long as it does not threat station much), and either you can't steal nullrod even if you are the captain (same, as long as it does not threat station much).
And by "threat station much", I mean:
-Wizard began with actual friendly intentions (polymorphing people with their concerns).
And by that, I don't mean wizards with friendly intentions should not be dealt with at all, but it still gives some kind of layback.
-There were enough security or crew members to deal with the wizard.
It's not a 1v1 deathmatch where you need to win against the wizard at all costs. This is a roleplay sandbox game; fight with others against wizard, or again, simply take the risks.
  • Wizard died without your involvement.
At the end of wizard's road, you didn't even use nullrod against them because.. they died by heretic and a few other crew members!

And in summary of all these factors thats why note should stay.

This incedent also caused policy question that was closed as conclusive "Rule 1 issue".
viewtopic.php?p=705357#p705357
"The head admin response around this entire issue has been a pretty conclusive "Rule 1 issue"

For the love of fun don't just steal someone's job content because you want to kill antag better, stop being dicks to eachother.

Cheshify - Why would this ever be an okay thing to do
TheBibleMelts - Rule 1 Issue
FIkou - Rule 1 Issue"
Voudez
Byond Username: Voudez

Post by Voudez » #706508

Thats quickest responce with quick glance into logs, if you need logs, i will show them tomorrow!
mazur907
Byond Username: Mazur907

Post by mazur907 » #706522

Okay i understand, the reason why i went for it is that any scenario with me going against him would be met with a quick polymorph and i wanted the wizard gone. Since the chaplain wasn't doing it, i took it upon myself to kill him and i thought i needed it. You are right that there were enough people to deal with him but i wanted to play it safe.

There's no need for the logs, you can close the ticket. Thank you.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #706576

aight
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you