Appeals which have been closed.
Deagol
Byond Username: Destrou2

[Tsaricide] destrou2 - Griefing / Misunderstanding

Post by Deagol » #86023

Byond account and character name: destrou2 - Deagol Adaroz

Banning admin: Tsaricide

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from Sybil for metagaming

Ban reason and length: Using outside communication to talk about IC (ban message http://puu.sh/hCX0B/7654ed0f35.png). Permanent

Time ban was placed (including time zone): May 5th, Roughly 6:25 UTC -7 (Mountain Standard Time)

Your side of the story:

I was playing as a traitor bartender. As it says above, I was banned for metagaming IC information. I talked about the round I was given, however with other friends and not the opposing party, and aimed to play the round and just complete my objective. My friend who was with me in the server knew I was a traitor, however, neither of us purposefully interjected with each others job. For most, if not all of the round I roamed about the med-bay and the bar, dealing with issues that would arise and planning how I would assassinate my target (who was the chemist).

Toward the end of the round when the shuttle was called, I decided now would be most efficent time to kill the chemist. After doing so, the first instance of which I've seen Failbound. He appeared outside of chemistry and saw me with my silenced pistol. However, this was not his reasoning for killing me (which we argued about later) and actually killed me because he thought I was a changeling who murdered him previously. Even under the circumstances, he should not have decided to kill me (or at the very least actually flat out kill me) because of his braindamage from dying by a changeling, being borged, and then revived. However, instead of doing that, he decided to taze me, handcuff, then run around the room hitting me until I was dead.

In general, his actions were infuriating and purposefully done to make me feel helpless in the situation. He based his killing of me off of cosmetic appearance rather than shift-clicking and examining me. If he did that, then he would realize I wasn't the killer. Plus, I was in my bartender uniform with body armor, and I know that my personal quarters were not invaded, so the killer of Failbound originally did not look like me.

After the round, I contacted an admin about how he killed me. I informed him about as Failbound was killing me (from my standpoint, I thought he was doing this just to grief me) I contacted one of his friends, Easx, who as also on the server and told him to tell Failbound to let me go and stop griefing my soon-to-succeed traitor round. The admin then talked back and forth with Easx, Failbound, and I and although the contact between us was minimal, he decided to permanentely ban both of us.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I understand that server rules should be enforced, however, I feel as if this situation was a misunderstanding and a bit extreme. From my standpoint, I was in belief that Failbound was griefing me, and tried to make him stop so we could both continue our RP. However, that did not prove to be the case, and I feel as if the admin Tsaricide had too many sides of the arguement to decide what happened.

From what I heard also was that Easx informed the admin that both Failbound, him and I all knew eachother outside of the IC environment, which also factored into the permanent ban. I find this to be a bit extreme, because although we talked about one IC issue that only immediately effected the three of us, we all faced extremely harsh punishment in a isolated incident.

Even if the metagame stands true, I still feel as if the permanent ban is extreme. For an isolated incident, I feel as if it should've been a warning or at least a temp. ban. I enjoy playing on TG Station, and I would like to avoid having my experience destroyed due to a misunderstanding or extreme punishment.

EDIT DURING WRITING: I just checked and saw that Failbound posted his appeal and said that he didn't know me ( http://puu.sh/hCZgs/61ea5ff349.png). I have known Failbound for quite a long time. Both Easx and Failbound are friends in the matter, and I have played some TF2 competitive with them and other games. I also have Easx on my Steam friends list (proof http://puu.sh/hCYPK/d67db62b92.png , steam ID STEAM_0:0:31677672, community page http://steamcommunity.com/id/eas333, me on his friendslist http://puu.sh/hCZ1B/1678244414.jpg), which also disproves this statement. Sadly, however, I did not have a chance to screenshot him on my friendslist as he quickly removed me to prevent evidence. However, I do have proof that he and I played on the same TF2 leage ( http://www.ugcleague.com/team_page.cfm?clan_id=10890 ) and a screenshot incase that too gets removed ( http://www.ugcleague.com/team_page.cfm?clan_id=10890 , in both of these my steam name was Telephonemast).

In the end, the lesson of this event is to let admins resolve issues rathet then solving it yourself.

Again, I would hate to lose access to this server because of this incident. Thank you for reading.
Last edited by Deagol on Thu May 07, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Tsaricide] destrou2 - Griefing / Misunderstanding

Post by Saegrimr » #86037

If you engage in metacomms, for any reason, you and your friends are not welcome here.

As we cannot trust any of you to play on this server together anymore, at best only one of you will be unbanned. Don't get your hopes up about that though.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
EasX
Byond Username: EasX

Post by EasX » #86051

http://puu.sh/hCV7j/b665b41e84.png

He contacted me saying "tell him to let me win my traitor round"
He wanted me to contact Failbound through steam and tell him to not kill him.
All I said was "im not an ape tamer. I can't control him [Failbound]" referring to the fact that I wasn't going to stop Failbound from doing whatever he was doing, since this is considered meta.
In the end I see no way in which I communicated with Deagol out-of-game to gain any advantage over other players or to help him, he contacted me first exclusively asking me to help him and I basically denied him this.
Deagol

Post by Deagol » #86054

I also originally contacted you because I thought Failbound was griefing the round for me and I wanted to avoid that. This relatively innocent incident is kind of spiraling out of control.

EDIT: Also, it's worth clarifying that I contacted Eas through Steam as I was confused of whether or not Failbound (Ryan in the Steam message) was griefing me or not. I informed him that I was the traitor because I wanted EasX to let Failbound know that if he was griefing me he would've ruin my entire hour of planning. Afterwards it was clarified of his true motives, which there was a lack of communication of, and now the whole situation is fumbled up.
Last edited by Deagol on Wed May 06, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EasX
Byond Username: EasX

Post by EasX » #86055

Deagol wrote:I also originally contacted you because I thought Failbound was griefing the round for me and I wanted to avoid that. This relatively innocent incident is kind of spiraling out of control.
In the end it seemed the proper course of action would have been to contact the admins about the griefing, rather than me. This eventually led to me being banned for just being associated with the whole complicated mess, regardless of whether or not I took part in it. An unnecessarily huge misunderstanding.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #87521

: I know Deagol, and he has a personal vendetta against failbound. They played a TF2 season together and deagol really hated him, so he always tries to get him banned from everything. Failbound had recently picked up the game and doesn't know what he's dong, but he didn't do anything with an intent to metagame, he didn't even know he was on the server because he's never played ss13 before

: Just for some additional clarity, deagol was recently kicked off of the comp tf2 team failbound was on because of similar actions

Someone else signed on and said this stuff after I banned you all so anything you want to say about this?
Deagol

Post by Deagol » #87550

Edit: didn't realize those messages were PMs.

Who did send you those PMs, too? I do not follow Failbound and try to get him banned on "every community", and even Easx knows that. Whoever sent you those PMs is lying.
Just for some additional clarity, deagol was recently kicked off of the comp tf2 team failbound was on because of similar actions
I was kicked off of the team for this incident, not for something else that happened with them. Seems somewhat childish.

Again, I'll just go back and say that I thought Failbound was trolling / griefing me that round considering his relatively negative attitude towards me (which is why I don't follow him around on purpose), and a situation that would have been solved easily through an Ahelp is turning into something much worse. And to be very honest, I don't know why Failbound is lying in this situation, he is just making it worse for himself.

Also, it's best if you just leave EasX out of this whole mess too. He didn't do anything wrong and, infact, refused to metagame information to Failbound. This situation should be just with me and Failbound.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #91200

Well I gave time for the headmins to respond but they didn't feel like it I guess so I'm locking this thread and you can appeal in a few months.