Appeals which have been closed.
Salt
Byond Username: Salts

[fayrik] Salt - Permaban appeal

Post by Salt » #90127

Byond account: Salts and I forgot what my character name was
Banning admin: fayrik
Ban Type: Permabanned
Ban Reason: "Set someone on fire, and logged out when questioned. Come explain on the forums"
Time ban was placed: 2015-02-28 16:43 EST
My side of the story: I was being a dick, I don't know why, and I lit someone on fire. I left my computer once the escape ship had left, and when I came back, I was done with Space Station 13 and X'ed out of my Byond browser. I was not aware that I had an admin message me, but I am sorry I missed it.
Why I think I should be unbanned: I want to play on these servers again, as these are the only ones my friends go on, and I think I have spent enough time away. I'm sorry about everything.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Re: [fayrik] Salt - Permaban appeal

Post by Hibbles » #90636

I don't know if we could communicate this better to users since the point keeps getting lost, but these sorts of bans are to make you come explain on the forums. Like, as soon as you can. It's not a 'stay away for a while and learn your lesson young man' thing. It's not actually a punishment at all, it's just a thing to compel you to come and explain out-of-game if you can't/won't in-game.

This seems like the sort of thing that would have got like a 15 minute ban at most if we'd been able to talk about it, not months and months. We'll get Fayrik over to this thread.
RIP
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #90665

I've always put "Explain your side of things on the forums and this will be lifted" on mine.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Fayrik
Byond Username: Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #90682

Well, you didn't go on a massive grief fest before getting banned, that much is clear.
In all honesty, if you'd made this thread the moment I'd banned you, I probably would have unbanned you after a couple of questions.
But, you waited, you apologized and I can see absolutely no reason to keep you banned.

So yeah, this ban is lifted.